What level of dedication you would consider for Morrissey / The Smiths?

Good job! :D
I guess you can't tell us what the exhibit is? I'm intrigued.

The exhibition is at the Fashion Institute of Technology, and it is called Gothic: Dark Glamour. The show is intended to be a sophisticated look at the social antecedents of modern Gothic culture and style: More Vivienne Westwood than Lip Service, more Horace Walpole than Anne Rice.

I'm an antiques dealer, and I specialize in tragic things. I've written and lectured on various obscure topics, and I take my history very seriously. Morrissey really does fit in rather nicely with the whole Cult of Melancholy and (if you are obsessed enough), you can trace a direct line between John Dowland (Elizabethan composer, lutenist and melancholic extraordinaire) and Morrissey.

I may do another lecture soon, and I was thinking of the topic of dark humor. There's no doubt that I could get Morrissey another mention with that one...

I'm so dedicated I don't read books about him because they aren't in his words and would skew my perspective of who he truly is. I was forced to read St. Morrissey for tidbits like family members and dates for a paper, but I did so with reserve. I even hate reading interviews because I know a clever interviewer can take quotes out of context with the addition or omission of a single word. Reading about him just makes me so tense. But reading James Dean Is Not Dead is delightful.

Also I don't kiss other boys.

Nothing wrong with being "mad".

Each to their own and all that.

i think there is something inherently wrong with being mad. i mean, i can't see Joseph Fritzl's lawyer using your reasoning in court : "your honour, please be lenient on my client - he didn't do anything wrong, he's just a wee bit mad. each to their own and all that" (he'd say it in German, obviously)

i think there is something inherently wrong with being mad. i mean, i can't see Joseph Fritzl's lawyer using your reasoning in court : "your honour, please be lenient on my client - he didn't do anything wrong, he's just a wee bit mad. each to their own and all that" (he'd say it in German, obviously)

Criminally insane is a different matter.

It's been analyzed and recorded that he isn't mad, or criminally insane. He knew what he was doing. And will be tried as such. Off topic, soz.

hmm travelling overseas to his concerts..i think.cause i actually dont have the money to do this actually and therefore shouldnt do it.
i did travel before to concerts of other artists since i was 16 before i was into moz - quite a lot..but only within germany.. the most far away travelling from the north to munich to see the nick cave/goldfrapp combination...
so the descision to buy a plain ticket to the US and for that matter get a credit card AND MAKING DEBTS-which i have NEVER done in my life...I know alot of americans are much more keen on paying with the credit card( i heard:D) but I always only got things i wanted when I did save my money for it
..so making debts for overseas concerts is a very unusual thing for me even if its for morrissey .
Im still paying back the debts, even though i couldnt fly to these US concerts cause I was sick, but nonetheless don`t get the money back from the insurance flight company-damm it:angry::gun:)
shorty after the us tour 2007 the roundhouse and edinburgh concerts happened ..
another pricey thing...yes spending money even though i shouldnt cause i actually dont have one.. is pretty insane in my book.. like only eating the essential food for quite some time to be able to afford the monthly fee -debts..
concerning the food I did get even bought less last month cause i did go to leonard cohen last month which only cost 87 euro
which sound like nothing in your ears but combined with the credit card debts i had to cut back even more..so starving for concerts..yay:rolleyes:
the tour next year i will do the Uk (not the whole tour but at 5-7 , I hope) though,since its not that pricey as travelling to the US-I just have to.....Im a nutter but oh well..

I
In reality I saved up for a year to travel to see Smiths gigs in 1986.
Also had to work another year in order to repay debt to my mother.Over to you! :D
but you arent that japanese girl who did fly over from japan for the 86 tour arent you?
i have read about her in some book and the tour manager who have booked the tour did organize the tickets for her as well...

I have all the albums singles etc been to see him as many times as i can ( which at four isn't so great but i am saving all my pennies now) and i am getting a tattoo in two months:cool:.
how will this tatoo look like

I have been involved with a museum exhibition here in New York City. The exhibit has been getting an awful lot of press and has been very popular, especially with people under the age of 25. I figure that's the age group that most needs to hear Morrissey's name, and get to know him, so...

I was interviewed by the curator for the catalog - the interview was wide-ranging and lasted for a few hours. I somehow managed to shoehorn Morrissey into the conversation. I pegged him as the last of the great Men of Sensibility and linked him to the great romantic poets and other artistic visionaries who have defined the "Cult of Melancholy," and helped to perpetuate a certain cultural tradition that persists to this day.

I didn't see the catalog until the opening party. it is a lavish, full-color, hardcover affair. I was surprised to see that Morrissey has a page all to himself. I don't know whether this is my doing, but I'd like to think it is.

So that is the level of my love and dedication; I have squandered my intellectual credibility to ensure that Morrissey's name endures. ;)
would love to see it..is it possible to scan it or type it up...

Last edited:
but you arent that japanese girl who did fly over from japan for the 86 tour arent you?
i have read about her in some book and the tour manager who have booked the tour did organize the tickets for her as well...

I wish I were. :(
I managed to attend four UK gigs in July 1986, but didn't have enough money to travel to the States.

You mistook I and another Japanese woman who decided to introduce herself as Oscar.
She's two or three years older than me.
One of my friends from Tokyo went to the same high school with her, but I never met her.

Some longtime US fans who saw Smiths gigs in August 1986 might know her.

Last edited:
I managed to attend four UK gigs in July 1986, .

but still..you had seen them..*envious*:D i wished i could but i was just about have my school enrolement. in 86.so a def. No concerning travelling to the Uk .....LOL
ha that would be so cool if i had member silence`s parents..a whole family who loves the moz...and the children share the exitement

Last edited:
I managed to attend four UK gigs in July 1986, but didn't have enough money to travel to the States.

You mistook I and another Japanese woman who decided to introduce herself as Oscar.
She's two or three years older than me.
One of my friends from Tokyo went to the same high school with her, but I never met her.

Some longtime US fans who saw Smiths gigs in August 1986 might know her.

her picture is in the visual documentory , the johnny rogan book (i think)

LOL!!

You should post a picture of your pet crab. :D

Steve crab, much like his human counterpart, is kind of a douchebag recluse who refuses to leave his comically oversized shell cave when you want to take pictures of him, but is cute when he eventually feels like cuddling (no pic evidence on that one):

crabbies007-1.jpg

Steve crab, much like his human counterpart, is kind of a douchebag recluse who refuses to leave his comically oversized shell cave when you want to take pictures of him, but is cute when he eventually feels like cuddling (no pic evidence on that one):

crabbies007-1.jpg

Awww, thanks for the photo.

Say hello to Steve. :)

I've always seen him when he rolls into town (since '91) and last tour, I saw him in another town. I don't (and can't afford to) follow him, but I buy every record he has put out and will love & listen to him forever.

I thought I was obsessed with him until I came to solo. ;):p Now, I'm (almost) as obsessed with solo as I am with Moz. :o:D

I'll help. ;)

Ryan, cool. I might need all the help I can get, with all of his weightlifting. I'd love to see the agony on his face. LOL maybe we could get a tattoo artist to write something like, "I love Morrissey" on his arm or something :D

It's nice reading this thread and being reassured by the fact that I am not alone in my obsession. I don't know anyone who likes him so it not only gets lonely, but I also start to think "am I a freak?" The answer to that question has yet to be decided, but it's good to know there are actually plenty of us out there in the world who see the genius in our charming man. :)

Tags
section scarlet sell a kidney
Back
Top Bottom