Morrissey Radio 2 live on 11th Feb

Very odd seeing photos of Morrissey in full flow with a bunch of pensioners sitting down in the front :lbf:

You mean a bit like the pensioner at the bottom left here?

53255_2.jpg

Peter

The Last Detail is starring Jack Nicholson, Randy Quaid and Otis Young.

James Caan isn't in the film.

*edit*
Cinderella Liberty?

Last edited:
Listening to the whole show on the BBC now and enjoying it massively. This Charming Man is like a punk pop cover version -- almost has a Lust for Life feel. Fantastic vocals!

Just saw this on the radio 2 website

From Thursday evening you'll be able to watch video of the concert plus individual tracks.

:thumb:

Thanks for the report Peter. Sounds like a cracking day and I’ll try not hold my jealousy against yourself and the rest of the crowd!
It sounds like he treated it as if it was a proper gig; with the videos and backdrop. I didn’t think he would, and that must be one of the most intimate venues anyone is likely to see Morrissey.
One question – what was the music played between the end of the videos and Morrissey coming on stage?

I was going to do what Kewpie did, but didn’t fancy my chances of getting in and couldn’t handle the disappointment of being outside when I knew what was going on inside.

Absolutely beautiful version of Seasick. Wow. Pooley's keyboard work really stunning this time out. His playing wavers between excellent, bad
and...mondo. Mikey's many skills are missed (no trumpet!)

Too much of of Jesse's guitar work is sludgy. Really missing Alain. His playing, his backing vocals and his presence.

Still, beggars can't be choosers!

So it looks like I am in the tiny minority that thinks that This Charming Man was absolutely awful. I hated it. If you are not going to play the guitar riff, don't even bother. And I am not even one of those people who longs for the reunion of The Smiths. I love Morrissey's solo work. I was excited to hear this song and my heart sank when I heard that atrocious version. If Morrissey/his guitarist didn't want to just do a copycat or bother to learn the chords, then just don't do it. What is the point? There are plenty of other Smiths songs to choose from without making a mockery of This Charming Man.

You have to excuse me. This is actually one of the few times I have felt so strongly against what Morrissey is doing. I mean, usually, I am all on board. He is MORRISSEY, after all. But this time, it's upsetting.

I agree. There are kids with guitars on youtube who can play the damn song 10 times better than this.

Re: About last night

P.P.S Well done to 'Crimes' who got the VIP treatment (thanks for the text - pfft), and many, many consolations to Kewpie, who waited in the cold and rain far too long for no reward. Poor love.
I probably could've pinched you a few beers, the barman was desperate to get rid of the alcohol! I myself I only allowed myself one glass of white wine (which went straight to my head...). My VIP seat meant I was sat next to David Walliams the whole time. Btw, can I get one of those t-shirts off your good self?

Can't say add much else to what others have said. It was an absolutely amazing night.

Sorry again to Kewpie :(

One question – what was the music played between the end of the videos and Morrissey coming on stage?

Good question - I can't remember if there was any between the videos and before he came on, but there was some before the videos. The only one I can remember was Bow Wow Wow's version of "I Started Something I Couldn't Finish".

Peter

Re: About last night

I probably could've pinched you a few beers, the barman was desperate to get rid of the alcohol! I myself I only allowed myself one glass of white wine (which went straight to my head...). My VIP seat meant I was sat next to David Walliams the whole time. Btw, can I get one of those t-shirts off your good self?

Can't say add much else to what others have said. It was an absolutely amazing night.

Sorry again to Kewpie :(

D'OH! Regarding the t-shirts - I only got as many printed that were requested, and they are all packed up and ready to go. If there's any more interest, I'll get some more printed.

Au revoir,

Peter

Tags
i can tag too pish shite. this charming man
Back
Top Bottom