Morrissey on Radio 4 Wednesday 18th Feb

Excellent interview. The interviewer able to justify asking the Qs when challenged, and Morrissey deflecting gently. But given space to say what he wanted, to elaborate where he wanted.

oh, I missed it! is it possible to listen again on the radio 4 website?

Just listened. Very nice interview though I think the interviewer could have pushed him a bit more.

Anyone else surprised to hear he has never been offered a lifetime achievement Brit award? I know that's not been likely for the past few years when he's been slagging them off in every interview but I'm surprised they never approached him before that.

Just listened. Very nice interview though I think the interviewer could have pushed him a bit more.

Anyone else surprised to hear he has never been offered a lifetime achievement Brit award? I know that's not been likely for the past few years when he's been slagging them off in every interview but I'm surprised they never approached him before that.

Not popular enough, I suspect. He'd need top five singles coming out of his ears to appeal to the lawyers and record industry insiders who decide to whom each award should go.

Can someone put this on Sendspace, Megaupload, or Smithstorrents? Please? :pray:

Last edited:
Well that was the BEST Moz interview i've heard in a LONG time, he was very talkative and it was absolutely fascinating..
See the difference in it being an INTELLIGENT SHOW, that really suited Moz.

I couldn't agree more. He was interesting, entertaining, informative, charming even, and of course we would expect nothing less when he's given the space to be so, as others have said. When hearing an interview like that, it makes it even easier to understand why he would choose not to sit on the Jonathan Ross Friday Night couch and be humiliated like he was when YATQ came out.

One could argue that his years of experience and armoury of wit would allow him to counter Wossy's cheekiness and smarm but, at the end of the day, if you're not that bothered about putting yourself through that, why do so?

I could have listened to him for hours - it was excellent.

Radio 4 alone is worth the licence fee.

Wow, what a fantastic interview. I thought his insights on the Smiths era and reasons for distancing himself from it were really interesting. Overall, just seemed a charming guy we've all known him to be.

I want more.

Does anybody agree with him that people feel lonely all the time and that modern electronic gadgets make people feel lonely?

When do you feel lonely?

Nearly all the time.

I disagree slightly with him- I think electronic gadgets make people feel like they are not lonely, but they are wrong. I'd rather talk on the phone with a friend, or write or read a long letter, than leave a comment on Facebook or text them. But there aren't many people out there I can talk to at length. How can anyone really consider someone a friend when the only contact you ever have with them is via Twitter? These gadgets (just using that word makes me feel like my grandmother) just push us apart, push us into a shallower pool of communication. I don't know what anybody really thinks or feels about most issues, but I know what their favorite Starbucks drinks are. And that does make me feel very lonely.

Back
Top Bottom