Morrissey Radio 2 live on 11th Feb

@crimes i know uncleskinny has already written a review..but i would still be interested of a review of the whole thing from you if you dont mind...:thumb::guitar::)

A bit annoying to hear about the amount of liggers, media types and general bangwagon jumpers who managed to get tickets for the gig. A case of who you know obviously.

Maybe I was a bit harsh with my comments last night. Just watched the 6 videos so far and it looked like a once in a lifetime experience for those who were there. Lucky People... This Charming man has grown on me and I think its nothing to do with the band not being able to play the original, I think its more Moz changing things to suit his voice better and ft in with this rockier sound he now has, His Voice is superb on all songs.

I'm not a huge fan of Mama or Skull but Paris and Black Cloud I liked. I looked at the setlist and there were 16 songs on it. I just hope he doesnt play all 16 on tour as it leaves room for very little else as he never does more than 21/22songs. Crashing Bores and WDYFOFY were both on the Jan Roundhouse setlist so a couple of others would be better for me. Who knows maybe there will be more surprises to come.

He certainly had a "Lovely Singing Voice" last night...........

I will say that Seasick, Yet Still Docked was breathtaking. Beautiful.

Can we hear some love for I Keep Mine Hidden? The very first time it has ever been played live. Made my night, it did.

Peter

So it looks like I am in the tiny minority that thinks that This Charming Man was absolutely awful. I hated it. If you are not going to play the guitar riff, don't even bother. And I am not even one of those people who longs for the reunion of The Smiths. I love Morrissey's solo work. I was excited to hear this song and my heart sank when I heard that atrocious version. If Morrissey/his guitarist didn't want to just do a copycat or bother to learn the chords, then just don't do it. What is the point? There are plenty of other Smiths songs to choose from without making a mockery of This Charming Man.

You have to excuse me. This is actually one of the few times I have felt so strongly against what Morrissey is doing. I mean, usually, I am all on board. He is MORRISSEY, after all. But this time, it's upsetting.

Well said. It did absolutely nothing for me either. My best pal is a very good guitarist and loves TCM, but he was cringing.

I will say that Seasick, Yet Still Docked was breathtaking. Beautiful.

Seconded. I think that this song could well be a single, or at least a potential one, or at the very least, a b-side. Just like the live version of Jack The Ripper was going to be. It's not too late to change the running order for the next two singles.

Peter

This Charming man has grown on me and I think its nothing to do with the band not being able to play the original, I think its more Moz changing things to suit his voice better and ft in with this rockier sound he now has, His Voice is superb on all songs....

I hear what you're saying, but not for me. I actually enjoyed the more 'rockier' version of TLOTIP on the Jools Holland show, but last night's TCM just didn't reach out to me. Maybe it'll grow on me. :)

Last edited:
Was it just me or did he say on Best Friend on the Payroll after the 2nd "It aint it gonna work out" "Well f*** her"?

Is this a reference to something..

Hmm...

Cant belive everyone was sat down, until this charmin man was played, also i'd of thought more people would of been rushin to the front for a hand shake or even to get on the stage, i bet it was brilliant to be there still though

Tags
i can tag too pish shite. this charming man
Back
Top Bottom