Morrissey Radio 2 live on 11th Feb

OMG what an amazing day!!! Got a picture of my daughter with Paul Weller as we queued up so it was a good start! Only 8 people in front of us when we got there so we were hoping we'd make the front row but weren't sure of the VIP thing and how many people might already be in when we got there...
Later in the afternoon, a guy pulled up in a wheelchair round the front (sorry if this has already been mentioned, I have only read back a couple of pages) then walked off and left the chair there complete with rucksack hanging off the back. Next thing we knew there were Police cars screaming up and we were being pushed back behind a cordon due to potential bomb scare! We could see Arturo on his phone in the road so I presumed he was telling Moz not to come yet in case he got blown to smithereens but Moz just gets out of the car anyway! I lunged for a handshake as you do and Arturo muscled me away after I got it. My daughter gave Moz her Sharpie and asked him to sign her arm which he did so I asked him to do mine as well. He tried to write his name on my arm and it came out a big blob so I told him it was rubbish (I know - still cant believe I did that!) and he laughed and said 'its your skin'. I asked him to sign my other arm and he did. While he was doing that I asked if it was really him on Twitter because on there I had asked if he would scratch his name on my arm and he (or whoever!) replied 'Honey, you know where to find me'. He looked right at me with that really cute puzzled expression he has and just said 'Twitter?'. I tried to explain you know themozzer on Twitter but I was starting to fall to pieces by then so I gave up and thanked him...
It was so surreal, I still cant really take it in.
We got in after freezing to death for 5 1/2 hours and did manage to get front row so it was all worth it. I couldnt believe how everyone was sitting down - it was sooo hard not to rush on the stage with no barrier and it was only 2 foot high but I couldnt sit down any longer when he did This Charming Man. A few people stood up for that but they all sat right back down again. We didnt though. I believe the woman behind me was well pissed off but I had listened to her spouting on for 10 mins before the show about how she couldnt believe she was there, she knew she shouldnt be cos she was hardly the biggest Moz fan and she only went because she lived 10 minutes away blah blah. I felt so sorry for my boyfriend sitting at home unable to get a ticket who has paid to see Moz more than 80 times and all the other people on here who couldnt get tix so I couldnt really care less if she couldnt see!
I think it was probably a once in a lifetime experience being sooo close on such a small stage - it was amazing. There were a few funny moments, Arturo shoving Radcliffe (the DJ) off the stage cos he thought he was a stage invader and Moz replying that he'd heard of Wigan. He also introduced FOTGTD as the Housewives Choice - I dont think they broadcast the last 2?? Not listened to it yet.
Got our tattoos of the Moz signature the next day and then went to see him on the Jonathan Ross show. Havent really slept since Wednesday, it just all keeps going round in my head... Roll on May!

Awh well done:D. You and your daughter are So lucky!!!!

Thanks for the exciting story Voodoo! I'd be tempted to tattoo that signature, the only thing that would save me is my fear of needles. The signature looks perfect; is that your forearm or upper arm?

A big thank you to Allie Walls - can't wait for those videos:thumb:.

Nice to meet you voodoodoll, wednesday was great. It was a shame that so many people did not appear to be fans the 2 blokes behind me in the que were just chatting away and one said to the other ' has he got a new album out' the other said ' i think so and i think he is releasing a single' clearly not big fans. Then there was an oldish couple sat reading books before morrissey came on stage...looked like the sort of people that enter every competition going.

Thanks for the exciting story Voodoo! I'd be tempted to tattoo that signature, the only thing that would save me is my fear of needles. The signature looks perfect; is that your forearm or upper arm?

:.

Its on my wrist where you would wear a watch (only I cant now!) I was pretty worried myself cos I usually pass out when I have a blood test!! It really didnt hurt as much as I thought having it done, it was an hour later when it really started to kill! Felt like I'd shoved my arm into a fire!

Nice to meet you voodoodoll, wednesday was great. It was a shame that so many people did not appear to be fans the 2 blokes behind me in the que were just chatting away and one said to the other ' has he got a new album out' the other said ' i think so and i think he is releasing a single' clearly not big fans. Then there was an oldish couple sat reading books before morrissey came on stage...looked like the sort of people that enter every competition going.

You too!! You're right about the non-Moz crowd! Nobody seemed to have followed anything he'd done since the 80s - hence the audience reaction reserved mostly for TCM!

Its on my wrist where you would wear a watch (only I cant now!) I was pretty worried myself cos I usually pass out when I have a blood test!! It really didnt hurt as much as I thought having it done, it was an hour later when it really started to kill! Felt like I'd shoved my arm into a fire!

You too!! You're right about the non-Moz crowd! Nobody seemed to have followed anything he'd done since the 80s - hence the audience reaction reserved mostly for TCM!

I've just realised - I was sat next to you at the Johnny Marr thing at Salford University, and I was sat next to you at the Radio 2 thing aswell. Fate. Strange thing.:D

Peter

Sounds great voodoo and I am pleased for you, really I am. How did you get tickets in the end? How have you managed to get front row for Birmingham and Liverpool? Seems extraordinary luck

Sounds great voodoo and I am pleased for you, really I am. How did you get tickets in the end? How have you managed to get front row for Birmingham and Liverpool? Seems extraordinary luck

Cheers dolly! No I havent got any tix for Liverpool or Birmingham, I just meant that if me & Skinny keep ending up next to each other then if he had those I might end up there toO! I got the Beeb tix from a girl on Facebook who couldnt make it...

Tags
i can tag too pish shite. this charming man
Back
Top Bottom