Morrissey Cancels Florida Shows

Re: sad news: Morrissey Cancels South Florida Show

Do you have any idea who the fourth Florida show was selling in St. Petersburg??

st pete is sold out. totally sold out. i just got off the fone with them an they said its still on as far as they no.

i might have to punch moz in the face instead of a handshake now for all you peeps flying in from all over and have hotels booked.

sorry.

someone should change this thread title to first 3 florida shows cancelled.

He cannot, if he is ill. But I was really looking forward to the first youtube videos of these concerts. :tears:

(What is the weather like in Florida at this time of the year? Will the people who are going there just for the concert at least have a nice sunny weekend?)

its sunny an 80s maybe some rain on sunday.

I've seen Moz play to a half-full house before. I doubt that is the issue. Plus, even if a concert sells poorly, he still gets paid the same. Its the promoter who takes a bath. Its not like he plays for a percentage of the door.

I've seen Moz play to a half-full house before. I doubt that is the issue. Plus, even if a concert sells poorly, he still gets paid the same. Its the promoter who takes a bath. Its not like he plays for a percentage of the door.

True. The Birmingham arena gig was half empty when he last played there, they had put huge tarpaulins all over all the seats...

That Article says that three other Florida shows have been canceled

The Morrissey concert scheduled for Tuesday at Florida Theatre has been cancelled. His publicist's office would only say that that it was cancelled over illness.

Morrissey, former lead singer of The Smiths who has carved out his own 20-year solo career, also cancelled three other concerts in Florida.

The theater staff is trying to reschedule the concert for April, but refunds can be obtained at the place of purchase.

someone should change this thread title to first 3 florida shows cancelled.

its sunny an 80s maybe some rain on sunday.

Just changed title of thread to Morrissey Cancels Florida Shows.

Peter

I'm sad :(

yes this is true. but 3 half empty shows in a row is no way to kick off the tour.
he pulls this stuff all the time thats why i say this.

if it was a one off show, i could understand. owell.
*cross fingers* to jannus landing still going on

Oooh, I didn't catch that .. I wonder if it means the St. Pete show is going to get cancelled too?

4 shows in fl
boca raton-cancelled-
orland-cancelled
jacksonville-cancelle
st petersurg-still on...so far

Just changed title of thread to Morrissey Cancels Florida Shows.

Peter
thanks but..

he didnt cancel st pete fl show yet..lets not get ahead of ourselves ;)

Thank you.

I think he is really ill. He cannot risk to cancel his shows for any other reason, because it could keep people from purchasing tickets for his other upcoming concerts. If you know the artist is constantly cancelling his concerts, you are tempted to wait until he is really in town and go and get your ticket on the day. Not really what he and his management want.

haha thats what i do usually for moz shows now.

i just really feel bad for fans that have flights, hotels and other plans all booked. especially for some peeps i know that already flew into town or were about to leave today.

The Jacksonville article stated that Jacksonville show has been cancelled plus three other Florida shows. I guess we won't know for sure if all four are cancelled till their is an official announce..

Whatever the result is, I am sorry for all the fans..get well Moz

4 shows in fl
boca raton-cancelled-
orland-cancelled
jacksonville-cancelle
st petersurg-still on...so far

thanks but..

he didnt cancel st pete fl show yet..lets not get ahead of ourselves ;)

I got really screwed on this one. Flights, hotels, tickets... and not to mention is was really hard for me to get the week off from work to go to FL.

I'll try to cancel the whole trip and get whatever money I can back

I got really screwed on this one. Flights, hotels, tickets... and not to mention is was really hard for me to get the week off from work to go to FL.

I'll try to cancel the whole trip and get whatever money I can back

I'm so sorry Flax. :(

The Jacksonville article stated that Jacksonville show has been cancelled plus three other Florida shows. I guess we won't know for sure if all four are cancelled till their is an official announce..

Whatever the result is, I am sorry for all the fans..get well Moz

my bad. i didnt realize it said "plus three other FL shows"
thats not good. haha
what a bummer.

Maybe, but would it matter that the shows are half empty if the reviews of those shows tell you that these concerts were awesome, breathtaking, rocked, took you to another world, Morrissey was at his best, etc. etc.?

Yes, me, too. That's why I asked about the weather. I will also fly to his concerts but I have already sorted out in my head, that if he cancels I'll at least get to go to those places and have a look around those cities that I had never been to before and wanted to go one day anyway. It is of course crap if that is the only concert that you have a ticket for. And to go to this Morrissey concert as well would be so much nicer.

i wish it wouldnt matter. have you seen moz perform for a half empty crowd or a weird crowd. yes you might get him to say some really funny things but you dont always get a full set and he is def not into it sometimes.

atleast you can go to disney world now.

im going to universal studios for the day now i guess. any other solo's want to join in?

I am drowning in sorrow right now. I had front row, center for Boca. First time I've ever had front row for a concert, ever. Reservations, fights, car rental, etc. I am going to cry.:tears::tears:

Boca was a rip-off - $95.00 plus it was definitely poor ticket sales, as of yesterday, you could still get the 9th row.

Last edited:
aw, Flax & sweetness...so sorry. That sucks.

Not to get beat up...but why book four cities in Florida to begin with? Is it a hot spot?

Morrissey is ill

He has cancelled three Florida shows. :(

Tags
cancellations get well uncle
Back
Top Bottom