Crystal Palace Park, London & Millennium Square, Leeds shows announced - July 9 & 12 (Leeds support by The Slow Readers Club)

20230307_105632.jpg

Full advert:

morrisseyofficial-07032023-0001.jpg

Update (1PM, March 7):
Now a Morrissey Central post:
"The Happening"

Update (March 10, 2023):
Tickets did not go on sale today.
Gigs and Tours via Twitter stated:

Screenshot_20230310-210210~2.png

Media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not exactly perfect timing for the tickets to go on sale, many people who would want to buy may be in France, there's Hammersmith next week, so it would make more sense for the Tickets to go up after these dates.

Just my thoughts
Maybe. But can't they just communicate that? Like "Hey sale will happen at a later time, guys, don't worry!" or something. The "will it happen/won't it" back and forth isn't appealing in the slightest when it happens so often. And it's just crappy for the fans who would like to attend and need planning ahead and all that.

Maybe. But can't they just communicate that? Like "Hey sale will happen at a later time, guys, don't worry!" or something. The "will it happen/won't it" back and forth isn't appealing in the slightest when it happens so often. And it's just crappy for the fans who would like to attend and need planning ahead and all that.
Completely Agree, like I said this is just my take on the situation.

For sure, some communication would've been nice and taken a few minutes at most. It would stop all the confusion going on right now. There are people all over Facebook and Twitter wondering what's happened from what I can see. It would be merely common courtesy to put out a few lines to clarify because ticket purchasing can be stressful; at least it often can be for me.

Even I was in a panic wondering why I was able to purchase if it wasn't happening. They've offered a refund if I wanted one but politely declining that they said they are still valid regardless of if anything changes. Looks like it's a ticketing issue rather than a cancellation. Here's hoping!

You’re not a proper morrissey fan unless you’ve been let down at least once by the man. (Sorry, are you still allowed to say “man”?)

I remember the last “sounds of the city” gig he was due to play, at the castlefield bowl. We recieved a refund for our tickets at the last minute without notice or reason.

I remember the last “sounds of the city” gig he was due to play, at the castlefield bowl. We recieved a refund for our tickets at the last minute without notice or reason.

That doesn't really have any bearing on the shows this year, though. And that was 4/5 years ago now. Not recently.

Forget all the other crap about the past etc - this information should have been communicated in advance. Ticket buyers should not have to rely upon others contacting ticketing sites in order to find out what is happening......just out of order IMHO.

Forget all the other crap about the past etc - this information should have been communicated in advance. Ticket buyers should not have to rely upon others contacting ticketing sites in order to find out what is happening......just out of order IMHO.
I used to get all my gig information from the Mystic Meg hotline in the sun newspaper. No more.

Uh oh, Central just posted that Crystal Palace is not 100% confirmed. Sorry, don't know how to actually post it; I'm kinda internet illiterate. That implies that Leeds is confirmed despite them not actually directly saying it.

The Slow Reader Club are obviously going to be big. They kept quiet about being support for Morrissey. The backlash has obviously been bad and damaging to their prospects. Once announced they nust have considered the impact of pulling out will clearly generate greater interest than saying yes. They can hardly pronounce their stance against racism then support Morrissey.
The last thing Moz needs is being egged by a fan of one of their fans.
Taking a stance of supporting toxic Morrissey is an unnecessary risk for a band so closest huge success.

The Slow Reader Club are obviously going to be big. They kept quiet about being support for Morrissey. The backlash has obviously been bad and damaging to their prospects. Once announced they nust have considered the impact of pulling out will clearly generate greater interest than saying yes. They can hardly pronounce their stance against racism then support Morrissey.
Taking a stance of supporting toxic Morrissey is an unnecessary risk for a band so closest huge success.

You know nothing fella, f*** off and troll somewhere else. SRC have been around since 2009.

I like Slow Readers Club, but they have already released six albums in 12 years. They have built a fanbase, but this kind of guitar indie pop just isn't popular these days, especially since they sound like Editors circa 2006. So I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of overnight success.

I truly hope this is satire....

I truly hope this is satire....
They didn’t keep quiet about supporting Morrissey, I have a friend who is psls with kurtis (starkie) and they are/ were really looking forward to supporting him.
Even last week they tweeted: “We’re buzzin to announce that we will be supporting Morrissey on 12th July in Leeds! We are huge fans of Morrissey and The Smiths and we can’t wait to share this experience with you.” So you can take your “ hes a racist” BS elsewhere

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom