Is Morrissey A Friend Of The Earth?

Black Cloud

Case Sensitive
He's not very carbon neutral, is he? Should he care? Do you?

He is.

He does not own a private jet like John Travolta, Tom Cruise etc. :p

Now you have me imagining what his jet would look like, if he did have one? Entertainment for my trip home. :D

All this carbon neutral thing is a load of bollocks if u ask me anyway.

He is kindEr to animals than anyone I have ever heard of and that is good enough for me.

The geezer could piss oil slicks into the sea and it wouldn't detract from the work he does preventing animal cruelty.

He had a very brief Eco moment, but it didn't last. Soon after he announced that he was no longer interested in green issues as he couldn't care less if mankind destroyed itself. He reaffirmed his commitment to animal welfare instead.

ecover1.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks saving the animals is great but not giving a shit about the rest of the living (meaning the earth itself) sounds kind of, I don't know...mentally challenged? :blushing: Just saying

edit: actually it's just one of his ploys to sounds so ridculously cool by not giving a shit about the rest of humanity. It's a smart tatic. I bet he sells tons of records that guy.

Am I the only one who thinks saving the animals is great but not giving a shit about the rest of the living (meaning the earth itself) sounds kind of, I don't know...mentally challenged? :blushing: Just saying

edit: actually it's just one of his ploys to sounds so ridculously cool by not giving a shit about the rest of humanity. It's a smart tatic. I bet he sells tons of records that guy.

I think like most people morrissey is indifferent on the matter. And I wouldn't blame him if he was.

He probably just quietly does his recycling in his hotel rooms and pays no mind.

Last edited:
Some People are already complaining about the non-selling of flesh at gigs. Imagine how they'd react if there was nothing to drink , because plastic is evil and glass dangerous?

Since he rather dreads flying, I think his Carbon footprint isn't worse than Bono's even if Moz tours more.

so all things considered , I'd say yes.

and which other male person made eco washing liqiúid sexy?

actually you can clean your flat and think of, erm. just natural beauty :p:lbf::blushing:

Last edited:
You know how he went through his boxer phase? Well maybe since he doesn't really want to be a boxer he channels that desire to punch out peoples lights while cleaning his cat boxes which are filled with eco-friendly litter. :D

he refuses to sell merchandise in plastic bags at his concerts and in a recent interview spoke about the Greenpeace protestors who were sent to jail for speaking up against global warming in the 1980's and how they were right yet have not recieved an apology......... He also spoke a deal about the environment in the 80's and early 90's, I listened

I felt pretty much the same way for most of my life; I love what humans are capable of, and I loathe much of what we actually do.

If it weren't for people like Wangari Maathai or Jane Goodall, I'd lose all hope for humanity.

Not having kids is very earth friendly.

I've always thought so.

I think there's a strange assumption amongst some Morrissey fans that goes "I haven't read Morrissey make a statement about [issue] in any interviews I've read/heard therefore he must not give a shit about it".

It's similar to the "he goes on about animals all the time so it must mean he hates humans" assumption.

Back
Top Bottom