Best live experiences

swiss

I was thinking about this driving back from an appointment on the M6 today whilst listening to Vauxhall. I was wondering if anything in the new tour will blow me away like in the past.
I have attended 10 gigs now and there have been so many memorable songs played.

Highlights for me

Smiths songs

Shoplifters - Chester Northgate Arena 1997
Meat is Murder - Liverpool Royal Court 1999
Hand in Glove - Blackburn 2002
How Soon is now - Blackpool Empress ballroom 2004
Theres a light - Blackburn 2002

Moz songs

Billy Budd - Chester 1997
Suedehead - Blackburn 2002
Speedway - Liverpool 1999
National Front Disco - Gmex 2006
November - Blackpool 2004
The Loop - Roundhouse 2008

Thoughts?

If I saw him sing 'There Is A Light...' I could die after the song ends and I'd die happy. I've been to five gigs and they've never played it.

Saturday 18th December 2004 - Earls Court....'Last Night I Dreamt':tears::tears: THE most moving and beautiful rendition of this song....I cried and a lot of us were convinced Moz cried too

I've been to shows going as far back as 92, though the gigs in 2004 @ Apollo in NY were probably my favorite. The staff were so awesome, the vibe was mint and I got on stage, albeit briefly.

I can't believe there isn't any footage from those shows anywhere.

:mad:

I've been to shows going as far back as 92, though the gigs in 2004 @ Apollo in NY were probably my favorite. The staff were so awesome, the vibe was mint and I got on stage, albeit briefly.

Mabe because people were too busy enjoying the shows to record them.

there are bootlegs videos of the 5/3 and 5/8 shows at the Apollo..shot from the Balcony though and heads in the way at times..but some good close-ups.

which show did you get on stage?

i wouldnt say best, but one of the funniest live moments i certainly recall is moz's stage farewell in the middle of Panic.. lol, everybody's was like "WTF?".

London Palladium , 2nd date.
Had a truly great seat, will never ever forget
Cheers Moz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only been to 4 so far :)tears:) but here are mine:

Glasgow 2004-How soon is Now?
Stirling 2006- Still ill
Glasgow 2006- National front Disco
Edinburgh 2008- I'm throwing my arms around Paris

There have been so many, just a shame not enough official DVD released.
I think that it is a real SHAME that LIVE AT THE HOLLIWOOD BOWL is not getting a release, let s wait and see....
Cheers Moz

stretch out and wait on roundhouse, edinurgh and hyde park --very emotional-.....incredibly touching tohear it live
also when he played jack the ripper on one of the roundhouse concert...

i soo hope to hear at one of his concerts;last night , there is a light, rubber ring , hand in glove,now my heart is full and many more etc one day -hoping...(i give up on come back to camden, will prob never apear)
..but tht belongs to another thread;-)

Last edited:
Saturday 18th December 2004 - Earls Court....'Last Night I Dreamt':tears::tears: THE most moving and beautiful rendition of this song....I cried and a lot of us were convinced Moz cried too

Yes, that was emotional. :( I was glad I had a seated ticket to that gig or else I would've collapsed right then and there when he said:

"Don't forget me, I love you, good bye..." :tears:

Another brilliant moment for me was Panic being the opening song on the final Palladium date in London May '06.

There have been so many over the years, where do you start?

Wembley Arena 1991 "Yes, I am Blind"

Manchester G-Mex 1986 "There is a Light..."

Leicester De-Montfort Hall 1991 "Interesting Drug"

Blackpool Empress 95 "Boxers"

and many many more...

Liverpool Royal Court 1985 - What She Said

Liverpool Empire 1991 - Disappointed

Manchester MEN Arena 2004 - I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday

Salford Lowry 2006 - Trouble Loves Me

Manchester GMEX 2006 - Life Is A Pigsty

Doncaster Dome 2008 - Death Of A Disco Dancer

Back