"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
cant imagine this a bootleg or fake. Media Markt is the major electronic retailer in Europe. They have always had a good music selection including vinyls for many years. They have often had the sort of quirky releases you would not find in the usual store, 3 inch cds, 3 album packs etc. I used to wander the music section for hours and I've never seen a bootleg or fake. A bit like going into HMV and getting a vinyl copy of a Nice Bit of Meat for example. Shame they don't post out of Hungary
Is this available then at Media Market ? In Germany ?

For me it's an unofficial release. This is sloppy and I don't understand why it is mentionned on labels 'vitaphonic high fidelity' while it is a system used for film soundtrack: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitaphone
Furthermore on front cover there's a typo on 'The Queen Is Dead'. There's no capital letter on Is as it should be.
The track duration of 'Money Changes Everything' should be 4:40...Where are the missing 30 seconds?

Last edited:
Anyone reasoned out where the seller got multiple copies from. Say's he pre-ordered them, but pre-ordered from where?
Don't forget there are 2 potential sellers - as the OP and the person posting things are asserted to be different people. Provenance is king in this day and age. There is nothing wrong whatsoever in questioning something's validity.
I got it from X on this date - here are pictures of the matrix number (run-off groove) - here are pictures of close up details... All simple things to do. Look at the fake thread in Collectors Corner to see why distrust is high.
Similarly, a record never mentioned anywhere besides a spreadsheet (Morrissey even saying Warners had ignored his request to have special release to celebrate QID's 30th) ends up in just one part of the world (synonymous with questionable products) in the hands of potentially 2 people - no promos, just a fully realised product. Not one mention by anyone in the Moz world prior, just a couple of people in Hungary.
I'm happy to be wrong, but healthy skepticism is totally prudent.
Regards,
FWD.
(As for preorder - I believe the OP is implying that he ordered the record in for his record shop and that somehow Warners sent some, but it is just odd - hello, I need info... coming from someone in the best position to know said info - just odd - nevermind, I'm just name calling apparently).

Last edited:
Someone has bought the discogs copy - laugh my ass off if they've paid 80 euro for a bootleg!

Someone has bought the discogs copy - laugh my ass off if they've paid 80 euro for a bootleg!

tbf, that makes a lot better sense than the alternative of paying 80 euros for a record that will be widely available in a few weeks' time.

People are still discussing the authenticity of this crap, fake "release"?

Did you not read my last post? I spoke to Morrissey and he personally told me there is no planned release and there were never any pressings made for TQID.

What more proof do you all need?

no mate its not

If it's official, it will be on Amazon in due course for £10-20. If not, it's likely that a very small number have been pressed. It would be an unusual bootleg, and it will be collectable and valuable.

And this is based on what?
32 years of going to record fairs and sifting through shit.
Poland is the biggest culprit, but Hungary has shops that sell bootlegs with very little care of the legalities.
The fake QID picture disc for 5 grand is just a tiny example.
Besides the fact that I'm not going to reference my comments to please you, I will form an experiential opinion about the place if I wish to do so.
For the umpteenth time: questioning provenance is prudent given the amount of fakery, misinformation and garbage that floats through here. Too many strange coincidences, vague details or not even the forethought to post the query for information (aka selling something) in the marketplace all detract from the validity - the onus always being on the seller to provide provenance.
It seems like only yesterday some people actually thought 'Revelation' was real and you can source this through discogs still to this day.
Regards,
FWD.

Back
Top Bottom