"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion archive 2017 (read-only)' started by Anonymous, Jan 25, 2017.

By Anonymous on Jan 25, 2017 at 11:54 AM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello there everyone
    I need help with this release
    I have a copy and a few copies to sell
    These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
    and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
    I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
    which seems very strange indeed....
    anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
    mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
    [email protected]

[​IMG]

Tracklist
    A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
    B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
    B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
    B3 The Draize Train 5:08

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 26, 2017
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    1. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Completely agree - except point 2 becomes confusing as if it was pulled in Nov, '16 - it shouldn't have '17 markings as that would imply all the records were re-sleeved for a potential 2nd release date - so it becomes more odd. Ho hum.
      Nevermind, I'm sure the internet will be forthcoming with answers.
      Regards,
      FWD.
    2. No More
      No More
      I hope this is real, it's a lovely little collection, even if there isn't anything new. I don't own "The Draize Train", bar the live version on Rank, so it would be a welcome addition for me.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Morrissey_Sucks
      Morrissey_Sucks
      I JUST spoke to Morrissey.

It is a fake. There was never a release planned and nothing was ever pressed. Fools you.
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      someone must have bought one. Yesterday there were 2 available for sale on discogs and now it's only one. Unless the second seller just pulled it off.
    5. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Wait a minute - what happened to that post from the user Morrissey_Sucks, who posted that they had actually spoken to Morrissey who said it was a fake? Surely not more bullshit from our ever-faithful German friend?
    6. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      I'm not terribly excited about this release for some reason. I'm not a fan of the artwork on this one, either. I was more excited about WPINOYB - simply because of the artwork! Oh well...
    7. Raphael Lambach
      Raphael Lambach
      It appears like Moz's deal with that little label from France: goes nowhere.
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I'm kinda curious about what fwd said. Why would it have a 2017 mark if it was scheduled for and dropped in 2016
    9. ordinaryboy86
      ordinaryboy86
      It looks bootleggy as fuck. Everything about this feels shady, even the Warner spreadsheet looks dodgy, wherever that came from, i'd like to know. A nov 2016 release with 2017 labels, a lazy black and white sleeve where everything seems tacked on, that 45rpm logo in the corner looks awful. Happy to be proved wrong but if it is genuine then its a very lazy effort.
    10. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Now I LOVE the live 'Rank' version, but the studio version is quite frankly pants. It's very sparse, and unlike the other Smiths instrumentals, it really sounds like a rejected backing track that is missing the vocals (which is of course, exactly what it was). The live version fill out the space with lots of guitar noodling, but the original studio version is boring as fuck. Way back in the day, before you could hear everything on the internet for free, I remember being crushed after spending £££ to get hold of a 'Panic' CD single and actually hearing it...
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      its a BOOTLEG!! I know who made it.
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I know who made the sleeve.
    13. hand in glove
      hand in glove
      Yes. Rupture turned to Rubbish!
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Doesn't make sense to have 6 mins. on the A side and close to 13 mins. on the B side.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It is when its a 12" single and it has an A-side.
    16. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I have posted 4 copies yesterday to people who bought this 12inch
      Hopefully they will get it soon and will write here their thoughts
      and opinions on the record. Please guys write about it :)
      I'm curious as to what they have to say about it.

I have to say and add that I have finally brought the single home and
      listened to it on the home hifi system and my opinion is
      that if this is a fake/bootleg record then it must be by far the
      best ever made bootleg there is, it sounds superb, especially the
      A side. But this is real, trust me I have seen enough crappy bootlegs
      and the abovementioned coloured vinyl rubbish pressings...
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      ''Especially'' on the A side - so you saying the sound quality is lesser on the B-side? Can you give some info on the outer sleeve, is it thick and glossy, is there anything written on the spine of the sleeve, is there an inner sleeve etc....
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Nope, the b side sounds superb too, but obviously the a side
      is a tiny bit better i guess because there is only 6 minutes on it
      as opposed to the b side which has 13 minutes
      cover is quite thick, nice glossy and there is only a transparent
      plastic inner sleeve
      the spine of the sleeve has the following
      top part of spine
      The Smiths The Queen Is Dead
      bottom of spine
      12QID2017 . 0190295905347
      middle of spine is empty completely
    19. Unlikely One
      Unlikely One
      cant imagine this a bootleg or fake. Media Markt is the major electronic retailer in Europe. They have always had a good music selection including vinyls for many years. They have often had the sort of quirky releases you would not find in the usual store, 3 inch cds, 3 album packs etc. I used to wander the music section for hours and I've never seen a bootleg or fake. A bit like going into HMV and getting a vinyl copy of a Nice Bit of Meat for example. Shame they don't post out of Hungary
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I was luckier than you, in that I was able to buy the 12" at normal retail price from a record shop in a nearby city. Was some time after Rank, since I knew that version first, but probably around 1990-1991. But yes, the same feeling of deflation. I understand the CD single is still expensive, never bothered to track it down. Only one I shelled out for was the Last Night I Dreamt CD single - and Sinéad O'Connor's Jump in the River, featuring Andy on guitars (electric and acoustic) and bass.