"The Queen Is Dead" 12" vinyl (2017, Warner Bros. UK) listed on Discogs - Help needed

hello there everyone
I need help with this release
I have a copy and a few copies to sell
These are proper, legitimate Warner releases
and still i find ZERO info on any website, forum, anywhere
I have practically checked everything and found no info whatsoever
which seems very strange indeed....
anyone knows about this? maybe someone also has a copy????
mail me or write here, ok?

https://www.discogs.com/The-Smiths-The-Queen-Is-Dead/release/9690729
[email protected]

39579_queen_is_dead_single_sleeve.jpg

Tracklist
A1 The Queen Is Dead 6:05
B1 Oscillate Wildly 3:26
B2 Money Changes Everything 4:10
B3 The Draize Train 5:08

39580_queen_is_dead_single_2.jpg

39581_queen_is_dead_single_3.jpg

39582_queen_is_dead_single_4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally felt the need to register and not only to lurk around here.

I work at a record store here in the Netherlands and I also ordered this 12" from our distributor when it showed up on the list early December.
I think one or two weeks later, the order was cancelled and it disappeared from the list.
Just this, kind of make me believe it was actually in the works and not a bootleg.

I contacted a friend of mine in Budapest and he managed to track down a copy, which should be any day now. Then I will made up my mind about it.

If it's official, it will be on Amazon in due course for £10-20. If not, it's likely that a very small number have been pressed. It would be an unusual bootleg, and it will be collectable and valuable.

Stop talking

Also a picture disc 2016 for 5 grand - similarly Hungarian: http://lemezkucko.hu/Rendelheto-uj-Bakelitek/the_smith_the_queen_is_dead_lps#anchor
Regards,
FWD.

The record you link to above is not being sold for '5 grand', it is 5,000 Hungarian Forints, or roughly £14.
The picture disc description is obviously a mistake. My take is that they were listing the same limited edition 12" on the basis of an order placed in Nov/Dec 2016, which for whatever reason has not been fulfilled to date.

Nikey
Please post when you get that copy from your friend in Budapest
I'm sure that you will agree with me that it is a superb and official copy
Why it disappeared from the orders and how it arrived here in Budapest,
I have no idea but still I'm 100% sure that all doubters will be proved wrong
and the people who bought this will all post their opinions here :)

FWD
I agree that doubts are being created with such a mystery thing, but trust me
I only tried to get information about this because i truly am curious about this
record and if you lived here and if you knew the music situation here in Hungary
you would know that asking the local Warner office about information is completely
pointless because over here unfortunately the people who work in those office like
Warner Hungary know f*** all about music unless it is some kind of crappy
local shit music or major acts like Madonna and so on....

That's exactly what happened like Irregular Regular says...

I have called both Lemezkucko and Media Markt....
they have the single listed but have no copies in stock at all
They list EVERYTHING from the Warner new release sheet
without ever checking or questioning a release and if someone
orders it then they try to order it from the local Warner office,
and that's it, shit way of working but that's the way they do it

I finally felt the need to register and not only to lurk around here.

I work at a record store here in the Netherlands and I also ordered this 12" from our distributor when it showed up on the list early December.
I think one or two weeks later, the order was cancelled and it disappeared from the list.
Just this, kind of make me believe it was actually in the works and not a bootleg.

I contacted a friend of mine in Budapest and he managed to track down a copy, which should be any day now. Then I will made up my mind about it.

It showed up on the list in early december? Hmm, funny that it's listed on the warner spreadsheet for a November 2016 release. Someone is telling porkies here

Nikey
Please post when you get that copy from your friend in Budapest
I'm sure that you will agree with me that it is a superb and official copy
Why it disappeared from the orders and how it arrived here in Budapest,
I have no idea but still I'm 100% sure that all doubters will be proved wrong
and the people who bought this will all post their opinions here :)

FWD
I agree that doubts are being created with such a mystery thing, but trust me
I only tried to get information about this because i truly am curious about this
record and if you lived here and if you knew the music situation here in Hungary
you would know that asking the local Warner office about information is completely
pointless because over here unfortunately the people who work in those office like
Warner Hungary know f*** all about music unless it is some kind of crappy
local shit music or major acts like Madonna and so on....

How convenient this new member ''Nikey'' comes to your aid, with the help of his ''Friend'' in budapest tracking down a copy. Is anyone really falling for this shit?

It showed up on the list in early december? Hmm, funny that it's listed on the warner spreadsheet for a November 2016 release. Someone is telling porkies here

We don't work with these kind of record label sheets, we totally rely on the list provided by the distributors.

The record you link to above is not being sold for '5 grand', it is 5,000 Hungarian Forints, or roughly £14.
The picture disc description is obviously a mistake. My take is that they were listing the same limited edition 12" on the basis of an order placed in Nov/Dec 2016, which for whatever reason has not been fulfilled to date.
My bad re: price - if run through google translate it shows the price in pounds - 4,990.
Bigger point being - all QID picture discs are fake.
As for people ordering in from Warners - that is totally plausible. 'Pita' has a large record collection and appreciates Morrissey. That said, if the record/s he ordered turned up - he already has more information than anyone else. He will know how they were sourced as he will be billed at some point. People with that much experience in handling records would provide as much detail as needed for provenance. Then a poster pops up with 'The person who needed help/asked for information is NOT the same as the seller.' (post #70) which totally undermines the OP - so immediately there are 2 people asserted to be selling the items. The oddest part though is pre ordering something for it to have a post dated copyright - something I've never seen ever in all my years of collecting records.
As I've said - I'm happy to be wrong.
Regards,
FWD.

Whoever made this would do well in reading some of the comments made here and correcting their mistakes for the next attempt. Just wasn't quite believable this time.

How convenient this new member ''Nikey'' comes to your aid, with the help of his ''Friend'' in budapest tracking down a copy. Is anyone really falling for this shit?

Interesting how you assume everything is a hoax. You straight up calling this shit, without even remotely considering if it might be true, you dont even bother to ask a question.

Then you would have found out, that I am actually collecting Morrissey and Smiths vinyl for close to 17 years now and working on/off in record stores for atleast 20 years, so I kind of have an idea what I am talking about.

Sam mabbit AKA Ironbridge, arnt you the guy who makes the unofficial smiths posters & sleeves? Where did you get the warner spreadsheet?

My bad re: price - if run through google translate it shows the price in pounds - 4,990.
Bigger point being - all QID picture discs are fake.
As for people ordering in from Warners - that is totally plausible. 'Pita' has a large record collection and appreciates Morrissey. That said, if the record/s he ordered turned up - he already has more information than anyone else. He will know how they were sourced as he will be billed at some point. People with that much experience in handling records would provide as much detail as needed for provenance. Then a poster pops up with 'The person who needed help/asked for information is NOT the same as the seller.' (post #70) which totally undermines the OP - so immediately there are 2 people asserted to be selling the items. The oddest part though is pre ordering something for it to have a post dated copyright - something I've never seen ever in all my years of collecting records.
As I've said - I'm happy to be wrong.
Regards,
FWD.

There is only one person selling this record that we know of through Solo.
The record is official and will either be released in due course or was pulled for some reason or another and will never be released.
Nobody will produce 10 or 20 bootlegs to sell to a few fans/collectors who frequent this website, nobody. It just does not make sense.
Just to remind you, when the 'Revelation' and 'Unreleased Demos' bootlegs turned up a few years ago, they were available at once through multiple sellers (initially in the USA and later in Europe too). The same applies to all the crappy coloured vinyls that have been knocking about for a good few years, they can be found all over the place, not just one guy with 10 or 20 copies.

Interesting how you assume everything is a hoax. You straight up calling this shit, without even remotely considering if it might be true, you dont even bother to ask a question.

Then you would have found out, that I am actually collecting Morrissey and Smiths vinyl for close to 17 years now and working on/off in record stores for atleast 20 years, so I kind of have an idea what I am talking about.

Not everything, just this.

The record is official and will either be released in due course or was pulled for some reason or another and will never be released.
Nobody will produce 10 or 20 bootlegs to sell to a few fans/collectors who frequent this website, nobody. It just does not make sense.
Just to remind you, when the 'Revelation' and 'Unreleased Demos' bootlegs turned up a few years ago, they were available at once through multiple sellers (initially in the USA and later in Europe too). The same applies to all the crappy coloured vinyls that have been knocking about for a good few years, they can be found all over the place, not just one guy with 10 or 20 copies.

There's no way to say it's official or not. We just don't know for sure.

Do tell 'musician' that.
IP Hash: e7c624a947 - Pitr
IP Hash: 0cd181b8eb - Musician knows Pitr
IP Hash: 526111f805 - I'm the seller
IP Hash: 8d39de8b1d - Musician states the OP and seller differ (even though the same email address is quoted by OP and discogs)
IP Hash: e7c624a947 - I'm the guy who asked for information and also who sells the single - 'Peter'.
IP Hash: e7c624a947 - Reportedly Peter getting annoyed at me.
IP Hash: 526111f805 - just posted 4 copies.
IP Hash: 526111f805 - possibly the seller implies 'Nikey' has a second source.
You will forgive my suspicious mind.
I can't see there is enough info out there to talk in definitives.
Regards,
FWD.

Peter, the only seller we know, is more than likely posting from two different places (perhaps at home and at work?), hence the different IP# and Musician's post stating that OP and seller differ is incorrect, that to me is 100% clear.

Too many red flags here for my liking and agree with everything FWD said, furthermore, lets say by some stroke of luck, the seller has managed to acquire 4 copies of this extremely rare disc, a ''Mysterious Disc'' as he called it on Discogs. The only person in the world so far to possess a copy, and he's adamant they're genuine items. And he's already admitted to knowing ZERO about them, so for all he knows, they could never see the light of day, Wouldn't you think he'd wait a bit before selling them for 60quid, get as much information as possible, He could be sitting on a goldmine. But He sure seems in a hurry to flog them. He could have the only 4 in the world (hypothetically), And he sells them for 60GBP :crazy:

ordinaryboy, FWD

yes, musician is WRONG
there is only 1 person selling it and asking for info
it is ME, the same guy, Peter or Pita if you like better

as for why i "flog" it now....this is a win/lose situation you see
I managed to get about a dozen copies of this single from Warner
who cannot give me any info on this release except for a release date
(4th november 2016) and a price i need to pay....nothing else, no info
on why this was released, what is/was the reason/anniversary/occasion....
so this may be strange to you guys but still the fact remains that the people
who released the single (Warner) have no idea about it or least they did not tell
me a thing about this

so back to the selling....it is a win/lose situation you see, if this is being released
sometimes soon, then the 12 copies i bought will not be selling for a high price
of 80.00 euro but probably for something like 16-17 euros and that's it....so I need
to 'flog" them now, until the whole mystery situation is alive and there are people
willing to fork out this much money
if the situation changes and then it shall turn out that the record is scrapped, will not be
released at all and will remain the same mystery and rarity then I made the grave
mistake of selling them "too cheap" for 80 euros, because they will be worth
5-10-15 times that much I guess.....

I had to consider these 2 scenarios you see....we shall wait and see what happened....I secretly
wish that it be released sometimes in the future so that all the negative shit from
"wellwishers" on the forum turns out to be not true.... but then there will be 12 angry men
who bought something for a lot of money....
if however it never sees the light of day, then there will be 12 very lucky punters
who will be rather happy to own such a rarity....

as I said before, we shall all wait and see... :)

Back
Top Bottom