"The Queen Is Dead" single released (UK, June 16, 2017)

"The Queen Is Dead" single released on 7", 12" and 7" picture disc in the UK, June 16, 2017

16th June, 1986: 'The Queen Is Dead' is released in the UK.

To mark the date, 2 ‘The Queen Is Dead’ singles are available now, one is a four-track 12” vinyl and one is a two-track 7” picture disc.

Head to record shops everywhere today.

Link posted by Famous when dead:

The Smiths Announce “The Queen Is Dead” Single Reissues - Pitchfork

Link to animation posted by Famous when dead and an anonymous person:

from Crash Collect
https://www.instagram.com/CrashCollect/

40237_tqid_sleeve.jpg

Photo from @BadlandsUK / Twitter. Link posted by Famous when dead:

40238_tqid_picture_disc.jpg

Buy on eBay

Last edited:
Reissue, repackage, .....zzzzzz.....

So thrilled I get to buy this song for the 100th time.

Picked both of these up from HMV this morning. Limited to one per customer; I had to go to the till and ask for a staff member to get them from the cabinet behind. Both sound incredible! 12" is £12.99 and 7" is £9.99.

The Queen is dead boys, and it's so lonely on a limb...

Speculators "at work" on ebay !!!:mad:
Does anyone know if there is any chance of finding and ordering them in online stores?
Thanks from Italy

There were about 40 copies of the 12" in my local HMV but only 1 copy of the 7" pic disc ,
I guess some discs are rarer than others

There were about 40 copies of the 12" in my local HMV but only 1 copy of the 7" pic disc ,
I guess some discs are rarer than others

In my local, there was a 'limited to 1 copy per buyer' sticker on the 7", but you could buy as many copies of the 12" as you wanted, so it should be easy to pick up on ebay.

To be fair, thinking it would be a worldwide release (as it leaked in Europe first) is pretty reasonable. Besides the ridiculous lack of notice and promotion - the American date format is used in the 'advert' too.
Neither Sam's, Boz's or Moz 'official' mentioned it being a UK only release - so expecting people to pay attention to a seldom used Smiths page probably isn't going to stop people expecting to buy it globally.
Regards,
FWD.
Edit:
Morrissey 'official' now has 2 versions of the video's ending - one saying 'in stores now' and a blank one. The watermark of the maker has gone too.

Last edited:
To be fair, thinking it would be a worldwide release (as it leaked in Europe first) is pretty reasonable. Besides the ridiculous lack of notice and promotion - the American date format is used in the 'advert' too.
Neither Sam's, Boz's or Moz 'official' mentioned it being a UK only release - so expecting people to pay attention to a seldom used Smiths page probably isn't going to stop people expecting to buy it globally.
Regards,
FWD.
Edit:
Morrissey 'official' now has 2 versions of the video's ending - one saying 'in stores now' and a blank one. The watermark of the maker has gone too.

"The Smiths Announce 'The Queen Is Dead' Single Reissues" - as though an entity still exists by that name. Don't they mean the record company announces the reissue?

Last edited:
Is the Money Changes Everything track the standard version? The running time seems shorter? Just an edit?

Is the MCE track the standard version as it seems a little shorter in duration? Just an edit?

Can't believe even the record company has been suckered by this obvious fake.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
Provenance, however, remains king.
Regards,
FWD.

Reissue, repackage, .....zzzzzz.....

So thrilled I get to buy this song for the 100th time.
"Buy them both and feel deceived" goes up there with "If you must write prose and poems the words you use should be your own" as the two most self-critical lines in Moz's canon!

"Buy them both and feel deceived" goes up there with "If you must write prose and poems the words you use should be your own" as the two most self-critical lines in Moz's canon!

Totally, although I don't think anyone can claim deception - it's pretty obvious other than a new sleeve there's nothing original here.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom