"It's Over" b/w "It Happens Every Time" blue vinyl 7" released (UK Jan. 24, 2020; HMV-Dec 20, 2019)

From the Jan. 2, 2020 post on Morrissey Central: "It is now reported that the official BMG release date for Morrissey's "It's Over" is January 24th, by which time "Morrissey will be 116 years old" (secret source.)"

20191220_165833-min[1].jpg

20191220_165650-min[1].jpg

20191220_154434-min[1].jpg

December 20 finally sees the UK release of the 7" blue vinyl of It's Over.
There is no matrix message on this record.
The word 'stereo' is replaced by 'rodeo' on the B-side (as pictured).
It features a cover of Tim Buckley's "It Happens Every Time".

44249_cellodick.jpg

Information about dates/stock outside of HMV and European sellers isn't currently available other than the release dates already quoted on their sites.

The convoluted It's Over timeline from announcement to release:
  • February 25, 2019 - appears on Spotify.
  • February 26, 2019 - released digitally as an 'instant grat' & pre-order bonus prior to California Son (radio airplay of the track especially in the UK). Physical single is mentioned (with Brow Of My Beloved as B-side - Mitchum green, red & white cover shown).
  • March 27, 2019 - Central shares an unofficial It's Over video.
  • September 18, 2019 - Central inform us of a new single - no release date given (featuring Mitchum on the 7" with green, red & white font/colour)
  • October 1, 2019 - "heartbreaking" news that BMG have shelved the single (7" pictured again as per September 18).
  • October 9, 2019 - Central states the single will be released "in the second week of November"
  • October 11, 2019 - Central post "hold on, it's coming". Monroe is pictured holding the original 7" sleeve as pictured via their September 18th post.
  • October 12, 2019 - Central post "It's Starting" with a blue vinyl 7" shown and new black, blue & white font/colour, no other information.
  • November 12, placeholder spotted on UK Amazon - also on the Italian Amazon with November 29 as a release date (showing the original artwork and fonts as per September 18).
  • November 14, 2019 - the single appears on the Warner's portal site with product number "4050538559873" (seen with my own eyes). The single has not been listed on any Warners buying in sheets throughout the year - especially November or December so no indie shops are aware of it officially as the sheets dictate what is available to buy.
  • November 14, 2019 - a new image for the 7" with moved lettering/new crop is found on an Italian record shop site - also citing December 13 as the release date.
  • November 16, 2019 - Amazon UK removes the single from their listings. It remains on the .DE/FR/IT sites.
  • November 22, 2019 - Central posts "It's Somewhere". The mysterious VH asserts it should have been released and the first blue vinyl 7" picture is shown again.
  • November 23, 2019 - Member @Marco informs us Crash Records are citing a release "early next year".
  • December 11, 2019 - Cover art updates on all Amazons and the listing reappears on the UK site.
  • December 20, 2019 - @Kennethwilliamsunderstudy informs us HMV are stocking the 7" in Newcastle and I find them in Birmingham HMV too.
  • December 20, 2019 - Morrissey via Central's "… AND ‘IT’S OVER’ CAME TUMBLING AFTER." stated the single was: "spotted in a couple of HMV's - six weeks after its release date."
  • December 25, 2019 - The Krays are pictured 'finding' copies of the single in a Central post entitled: "Miracle".
  • December 27, 2019 - It's Over enters the UK vinyl singles chart at #2 on HMV sales alone.
  • December 28, 2019 - Central comments on the charting via: "A MORRISSEY SINGLE IS RELEASED BY MISTAKE - IT STILL REACHES NUMBER 2"
  • December 31, 2019 - Amazon .DE & .IT were observed to change the release date from 11th to 24th of January.
  • January 1, 2020 - Central assert BMG have January 10 scheduled as the official release date.
  • January 2, 2020 - Central update the release date information to January 24.
  • January 2 - 2020 - Central post Roy Orbison 'finding' a copy of the single.
  • January 6, 2020 - It's Over reaches #1 in the vinyl singles chart still on HMV sales alone.
  • January 10, 2020 - UK indies & Amazon list It's Over as releasing on January 24 and list it for sale - all sellers now saying 24th.
  • January 22, 2020 - Central restate the 24th as the release date.
  • January 24, 2020 - the single is finally released and being shipped via Amazon & Indies (no sign of a digital B-side at time of updating).
Regards,
FWD.

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Moz; The Eternal Tease... :rolleyes:

TIMELINE UPDATE!:speakerthree::speakerthree: :

12/21 TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY SOLD OUT!!!:partypooper::partypooper:

I see he's still visiting the site :)
Regards,
FWD.

Bought my copy today ( staff discount so not as bad , still 9quid tho )
Had a listen to b-side ... its brief and quite faithful to the original , lots of strings etc
Dont know how to rip a copy as i am a computer luddite but no doubt someone will ... get it quick if u care x

Bought my copy today ( staff discount so not as bad , still 9quid tho )
Had a listen to b-side ... its brief and quite faithful to the original , lots of strings etc
Dont know how to rip a copy as i am a computer luddite but no doubt someone will ... get it quick if u care x
You Can Record It With Cell Phone ... Or Ripping It Off With Audacity Chain .....

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom