BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single - Morrissey Central

Is it over with BMG?

1. October: BMG axed the It´s over single!

Update. - Morrissey Central

BMG have decided against releasing 'It's Over' as a single.

Morrissey has described BMG's decision as "heartbreaking."

Morrissey is presently on tour in the USA, and describes the audiences as "fantastic … and full of hope… at an urgent time when most modern music cannot provide one genuine insight."

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL. Wonder if it was because of the absolute shite cover art, or the din...?

Possibly a mixture of not getting a decent return from the last couple of albums and the current tour, if its a 360 deal with BMG.

In a 360 deal, a company typically provides support to an artist in more areas than covered by a traditional recording contract on the condition of receiving a percentage of revenue from these additional areas. The 360 deal reflects the fact that much of a musician's income now comes from sources other than recorded music, such as live performance and merchandise.

Possibly a mixture of not getting a decent return from the last couple of albums and the current tour, if its a 360 deal with BMG.

In a 360 deal, a company typically provides support to an artist in more areas than covered by a traditional recording contract on the condition of receiving a percentage of revenue from these additional areas. The 360 deal reflects the fact that much of a musician's income now comes from sources other than recorded music, such as live performance and merchandise.

Absolutely fascinating- do continue.

Oh and can you nudge Peter and ask him what he wants on his toast.

I wonder if it's retribution for cancelling the Houston show. The non-appearance insurance premium must already be astronomical for him.

No point in releasing this single, 6 months after the release of CS. It’s just Moz putting the pressure on BMG by, on various instances, announcing a ‘new single’ without BMG’s consent. Very silly as no one needs another CS-single, and a new album coming up next year, which will now no doubt be jeopardized.

I'd hold off on the extreme thinking yet.
They have already sold It's Over as a digital instant grat and it was played on the radio in the build-up to CS being fully released - so really, only the vinyl market was left to sell to.
They'd do better (£) with a 'deluxe' CS package featuring the other unreleased tracks as extras.
All the deluxe albums have done relatively well.
Given that some asserted BMG were definitely only a 2 album deal - they've certainly gone a bit beyond that already.
Perhaps they just feel its single potential isn't viable as it had its time.
That said, in the murky world of misinformation, unapproved single art & now this: could indicate them reigning in some of the more slipshod aspects relating to recent release announcements?
I'd wait to see if anything develops before seeing it as total proof of them not supporting him.
Reasonably yours,
FWD.

What happens to,IT HAPPENS EVERY TIME and RAINBOW VALLEY now,does this put a doubt on the new album destined for next year.it could be a simple business decision of margins and profit,lets face it every business is struggling these days and why should the music industry be any different.

Imagine Skinny calling someone else a whiner lol

It’s understandable though, it wouldn’t sell well given the album came out months ago etc. Hopefully the two would be B-sides to these aborted singles end up as bonus tracks on a new album or something

Well ! Who'd have thought it ?
Especially after all these recent sell out gigs eh! :clap:

:handpointright::oldman::handpointleft: Get off the stage.

Never the one to blame, it's always somebody else.
I'm surprised he's managed to keep a lid on it this long.
He probably wants out of the poor selling tour. Classic Steve way to do it now.

"It's all B M Gs fault" kids.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

"It's Over, None of my business"

Steve Barnett
(Harvest Records)

I think its weird you are up so early to leave this comment. Shouldn't you be getting ready for work? You do work?
He does have work..............................fighting Nazi's.

Well ! Who'd have thought it ?
Especially after all these recent sell out gigs eh! :clap:

:handpointright::oldman::handpointleft: Get off the stage.

Never the one to blame, it's always somebody else.
I'm surprised he's managed to keep a lid on it this long.
He probably wants out of the poor selling tour. Classic Steve way to do it now.

"It's all B M Gs fault" kids.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:
Fake news

It's crunch time Steve. Your fanbase has been decimated by over 60% in the UK and a considerable amount elsewhere due to your idiotic and ill-thought out support for unambiguously right wing politicians and parties. They want to slash taxes for the rich, deny the existence of a climate emergency, and increase funds for military expenditure. All of these things are directly against everything you've ever stood for, yet you have been duped into supporting it by your fascination with a vegan, lesbian feminist. To rescue your reputation and prospects of a continuing recording career, simply and unambiguously retract your support for these f***ers. Otherwise, it's over.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom