HMV UK exclusive: "Vauxhall And I" blue vinyl album released today (August 15, 2020)

As part of HMV's vinyl week exclusives, Vauxhall And I was released on blue vinyl in the UK today.
There is not a single reference to 2020 anywhere on the vinyl/art and is copyright 2014.
It is the remaster from this date.
There is no matrix message and nothing of any difference particularly to the gold version.
1000 copies made.
The album art is exactly that of the previous release.
Only the HMV stickers denote anything different about the record (including an external barcode sticker).

20200815_174409.jpg

IMG_20200815_112709~3.jpg
IMG_20200815_112722~3.jpg

(Carl Lindström AG/'Parlophon' was the company bought out by EMI to become Parlophone).

Colour comparison with California Son:
IMG_20200815_113120~3.jpg

HMV had a reserve and collect later system in place to save queuing when I turned up at daft o'clock which was appreciated.
HMV have stated that anything from the event not sold out/bought today will be offered online after 6pm.
(The New York Dolls pink vinyl was worth buying too).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to my local HMV at 9.30 (they open at 10) and I was number 22 in the queue. Filled my sheet in for the records I wanted. Managed to get 2 out of 4. The store opened at 10 and I was served by 10.15. Have to say it was organised and ran smoothly. I have said before that I am not a fan of these "events" - they just encourage people to sell records on at a profit but I'm afraid that's the way of the world and I suppose record dealers have bills to pay too.
This was a lot better than Record Store Day and it took me less than an hour.

And yes, I did get my Vauxhall !!!!

whilst a reissue, repackage, indeed.. the center label alone, however, is a beauty and makes it worthy of purchase...

Last edited:
"Limited to one per customer." :rofl:

The "money makers" are Morrissey and the record company. How many times can one artist recycle old material???

Have you seen record shops? Endlessly forever. They do it with everything that might sell.

I suppose it's like books really - except books will usually change the cover & bung in an essay & we accept they're meant to be reprinted.

The "money makers" are Morrissey and the record company. How many times can one artist recycle old material???
It is common practice, especially among legacy artists, the Stones will re-release Goats Head Soup in Sept., but I will at least credit them and the label with putting out a 4 disc package featuring unheard tracks, demos, outtakes, live performances & more...would have been nice if this could have been done for Vauxhall.

You can buy if you want.But selling a record wich costs 24.99 £ ,for double or triple price on ebay it's unfair.If it was sold online by stores,as many other records(vey best of 1600 copies) i could buy at that price.
The artist and company have the right to recycle what they want,and us have the choice to buy or not.

£25,000 made , sold out, keeps HMV trading, fans want it, whoever owns recording a tiny bit, . Who loses out here? If you don’t want it, don’t buy it.

You can buy if you want.But selling a record wich costs 24.99 £ ,for double or triple price on ebay it's unfair.If it was sold online by stores,as many other records(vey best of 1600 copies) i could buy at that price.
The artist and company have the right to recycle what they want,and us have the choice to buy or not.

Agree - buying things up, creating scarcity & immediately selling them at a huge mark-up is unfair, unethical & isn't the same as taking a product to the market at a usual price point.

Really stinks that they don't ship to the US. I have one in my basket but can't buy it!

The site is completely frozen but doesn't matter if there is no shipping to the US.

Yes, the site has been very slow since 6pm, for obvious reasons. It took me three or four very nervous minutes to navigate the payment process.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom