Iggy Pop mentions "Low In High School", meeting Morrissey - BBC Radio 6 Music

From Morten:

Iggy played 'Spent The Day In Bed' (at around 19:15) and mentioned that 'Low In High School' includes some of the clearest songs of Morrissey's career. Also mentioned meeting Morrissey: 'Sometimes it's good to talk to people - if they're interesting. I had the chance to talk to him once at work. And he is interesting - Morrissey'

Iggy Confidential - BBC Radio 6 Music
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09kfj9l

Last edited:
music probably, they met at hop farm festival a few years back... (with lou reed and patti)

The Iguana has had love for Moz since back in The Smiths days.
Forget about what the rest of these rootie toots say.
If the Iguana says ya good then ya good.

LA 2007

morrissey_and_iggy_pop_2.jpg

Actually this was a very good listening, very pleasant and interesting music from the likes of Iggy himself , thanks for posting it.

That’s cool!
I remember when Iggy was gonna support Moz at the Staples Center...but that gig got canceled.

I’ve driven people to the brink of insanity repeatedly playing The Modern Lovers “I’m Straight.” It’s glorious.

I didn’t know Ian Dury’s son is in the music business.

Moz should take a page out of Iggy's playbook and start fresh with entirely new collaborators. Sorry Boz, I know you've been there a while, but it's time to let the fella play with some new friends.
Iggy was so boring and by the numbers by the time Post-Pop Depression came out that the quality of it was absolutely jarring in a refreshing way. I didn't think he had any good albums left in him, and was so pleasantly surprised.

hope everyones getting ready for the bells in two hours.happy Hogmanay from the west of Scotland.

Moz should take a page out of Iggy's playbook and start fresh with entirely new collaborators. Sorry Boz, I know you've been there a while, but it's time to let the fella play with some new friends.
Iggy was so boring and by the numbers by the time Post-Pop Depression came out that the quality of it was absolutely jarring in a refreshing way. I didn't think he had any good albums left in him, and was so pleasantly surprised.
Yes! Open call to all musicians who have nothing better to do than play karaoke for a cut-rate lounge act. Must be subservient, have a desire to be pissed on and a penchant for being told which shitty t-shirt to wear. Perks include twigs and berries from craft services and zero commitment to a touring schedule.

Sounds like a dream.

But he effectively has, Half of LIHS was written by people other than Tobias/Boorer...

Yes! Open call to all musicians who have nothing better to do than play karaoke for a cut-rate lounge act. Must be subservient, have a desire to be pissed on and a penchant for being told which shitty t-shirt to wear. Perks include twigs and berries from craft services and zero commitment to a touring schedule.

Sounds like a dream.
Hey, Elvis was a bloated pile of pills by the time Suspicious Minds came out, but it's a helluva song. Thankyou Thankyouverahmuch. Maybe Morrissey has something with effort and style left in him, maybe he doesn't.
Wouldn't hurt to throw some different musicians in the mix and see what turns up. Because there's not an exciting or vital composer in the bunch anymore.

EDIT: Whoever marked this off topic needs to examine the topic at hand a little better. Elvis. Iggy. Morrissey. Late career swan songs brought about by new blood. It's rather on topic, you just must be dense.

Last edited:

Notice the illuminati dinosaur in the small picture on the right. Since they never existed they have become a power symbol of oppression denouncing christianity and glorifying evil and misleading the public.

This year there were even dinosaur led figures among the christmas decorations sold in stores.
772601850101-itembig-636231348300000000.jpg

Those in power have a certain way to talk to us through symbols. The film Patti Cakes also displays illuminati symbols a lot but this time I assume it is a homage to Kesha.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom