"Low in High School" 2 LP Deluxe Reissue (Dec. 7, 2018) details; press release

Originally posted in the thread "Morrissey Official FB: Ltd edition Low In High School deluxe double vinyl linked to pre-sale?"

Press release:

Morrissey Cements U.S. Legacy With Joan Jett Show, Top-Billing At Tropicalia Festival - Shore Fire Media
Announces Deluxe Reissue Of 'Low in High School'

Excerpt:

The high-profile set at the Microsoft Theater will also offer a VIP ticket package that includes preferred seating for the show and a limited edition reissue of his latest record 'Low in High School'. Out on December 7th, the deluxe edition is a double vinyl that includes his "touching" (Billboard) cover of The Pretenders' "Back On The Chain Gang," five (5) live B-sides from the recording session, three (3) unreleased tracks, a limited edition lithographed photograph of Morrissey, and a rare version of a photo booth portrait taken when the legendary frontman was a student.

Last edited by a moderator:
If he was taken ill would you just get to see Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and be given a double Morrissey LP or would it be no Morrissey, no album? Will the album be given out before or after and will it be in a carrier bag, or will it be posted to you later? Should people bring a bag just in case? Will people shove their hand through the bag handle and swing them around while dancing? Should eye protection be provided or might it turn into some awful Day of the Triffids scenario? If you are given the album on the night will he sign them? Will he bring a pen or should the audience each bring a pen? Should one person be tasked with bringing a pen all can use? How will that person be reimbursed? Will Joan be bringing a VIP album for the other hand? Will that have a bag or will people be expected to put both albums into one bag that may or may not be provided? Etc.

For LIHS concert + vinyl package, I received the album in the mail some weeks after the concert. No Triffids were involved.

So what are the odds that Blue Dreamers Eyes and By the Time.. aren’t 2 of the 3 unreleased songs on this offering?

If he was taken ill would you just get to see Joan Jett & The Blackhearts and be given a double Morrissey LP or would it be no Morrissey, no album? Will the album be given out before or after and will it be in a carrier bag, or will it be posted to you later? Should people bring a bag just in case? Will people shove their hand through the bag handle and swing them around while dancing? Should eye protection be provided or might it turn into some awful Day of the Triffids scenario? If you are given the album on the night will he sign them? Will he bring a pen or should the audience each bring a pen? Should one person be tasked with bringing a pen all can use? How will that person be reimbursed? Will Joan be bringing a VIP album for the other hand? Will that have a bag or will people be expected to put both albums into one bag that may or may not be provided? Etc.

Yes

and only on stupid vinyl.....sigh.....oh well i'll wait patiently for the FLACs here.

I reckon me like this pic for the new cover mate inn n n nn n n n n n n n n it. Reckon young Uncle Steve and the Morrissey family in the San Fernando Valley all loading up in the Buick to go to Disneyland. Warm summer days outdoors. You wacko anti-American terrorists here on the site are so f***ing lost. Your American Idol was born in Moz Angeles, not Mankchester.

Morrissey USA.jpg

Okay, I have been living under the wrong assumption that LIHS was a double vinyl like most of the albums with the duration of more than 50 minutes. But dare we hope that the work done in the studio recently was something new and not the deluxe edition bonus tracks?

So what are the odds that Blue Dreamers Eyes and By the Time.. aren’t 2 of the 3 unreleased songs on this offering?
I think high,it says unreleased tracks but blue and by the time have been released,maybe not through an album release but they have still been released to the public.

To be fair, it was speculators on Solo that turned Sam saying: "B - Sides could be singles!" on FB in to 'deluxe edition=confirmed'.
That said, I wouldn't be surprised if he had some influence on this ultimately.
The missing (rumoured to be) Boorer tracks would be the icing on the cake:
Blue Dreamers Eyes
Brow of My Beloved
Diana Dors
I Couldn't Understand Why People Laughed
Lover To Be
This Song Doesn't End When It's Over
Assuming there's not more if these were not the tracks Joe describes as 'heartbreaking' when deciding what to leave off LIHS.
Fingers crossed.
FWD.
iv said on two other posts that they could be these traks,they have to see the light of day somehow.

Originally posted in the thread "Morrissey Official FB: Ltd edition Low In High School deluxe double vinyl linked to pre-sale?"

Press release:

Morrissey Cements U.S. Legacy With Joan Jett Show, Top-Billing At Tropicalia Festival - Shore Fire Media
Announces Deluxe Reissue Of 'Low in High School'

Excerpt:

The high-profile set at the Microsoft Theater will also offer a VIP ticket package that includes preferred seating for the show and a limited edition reissue of his latest record 'Low in High School'. Out on December 7th, the deluxe edition is a double vinyl that includes his "touching" (Billboard) cover of The Pretenders' "Back On The Chain Gang," five (5) live B-sides from the recording session, three (3) unreleased tracks, a limited edition lithographed photograph of Morrissey, and a rare version of a photo booth portrait taken when the legendary frontman was a student.

Looks very nice.

For LIHS concert + vinyl package, I received the album in the mail some weeks after the concert. No Triffids were involved.

Well, I was being (very) faintly satirical, but I would further question why an artist so clearly concerned with his legacy would sign up to a deal including such a concept as a VIP package. I can’t imagine Nick Cave going down the same route.

Here’s someone who was obsessed in his early days with the way his music was produced, and how the record sleeve’s every font size and Pantone was applied. It was a monomania. In between he was scouring the charity shops of Ancoats and Hulme and across the city to find something to wear on Top of the Pops, and here we are decades later flogging VIP packages in Hollywood. It just seems a little tacky, is all.

In its own way it is as tacky as those cruise ship shows featuring four members of Spandau Ballet, three Duran Duranners, a Thompson Twin and half of Nick Kershaw.

Some artists from that era, I mentioned Nick Cave as a perfect example, have carved (tunnelled?) out a very comfortable living from their talent without losing any credibility whatsoever. Some haven’t.

In its own way it is as tacky as those cruise ship shows featuring four members of Spandau Ballet, three Duran Duranners, a Thompson Twin and half of Nick Kershaw.

(As a life-long Duran Duran fan, I must correct that DD has never taken part in these eighties package tours. The Taylors have been in and out of the band, but Nick Rhodes and Simon Le Bon have always been there and the band has always been recording new material and touring it.)

Fek! I already have LIHS on CD and Vinyl. Bloody typical! He shuda done a deluxe version on release, like he did with World Peace.

On a side note:

20180925_104416.jpg

Mporium are still flogging all 4 of the vinyl albums as a bundle for £40 - which is probably the best value anywhere since release.
I suspect the deluxe version won't be as generous.
Regards,
FWD.

(As a life-long Duran Duran fan, I must correct that DD has never taken part in these eighties package tours. The Taylors have been in and out of the band, but Nick Rhodes and Simon Le Bon have always been there and the band has always been recording new material and touring it.)

I apologise unreservedly.

One disc for the album and the other disc for the bonus tracks.

The 3 unreleased tracks will ensure I buy it again.
In an effort not to rip off people who already bought the album he should include a bonus concert dvd taken from the LIHS tour. Even a concert recording by Sam would be good.

This is confusing

So there will be a deluxe LIHS with 5 covers+3 new tracks and a covers album?

I'm hoping we get to hear Doris Dors, This song does end, and the other leaked track names. I also hope they end up on Spotify.

Tags
low in high school deluxe low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom