"Low in High School" 2 LP Deluxe Reissue (Dec. 7, 2018) details; press release

Originally posted in the thread "Morrissey Official FB: Ltd edition Low In High School deluxe double vinyl linked to pre-sale?"

Press release:

Morrissey Cements U.S. Legacy With Joan Jett Show, Top-Billing At Tropicalia Festival - Shore Fire Media
Announces Deluxe Reissue Of 'Low in High School'

Excerpt:

The high-profile set at the Microsoft Theater will also offer a VIP ticket package that includes preferred seating for the show and a limited edition reissue of his latest record 'Low in High School'. Out on December 7th, the deluxe edition is a double vinyl that includes his "touching" (Billboard) cover of The Pretenders' "Back On The Chain Gang," five (5) live B-sides from the recording session, three (3) unreleased tracks, a limited edition lithographed photograph of Morrissey, and a rare version of a photo booth portrait taken when the legendary frontman was a student.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bu then isn't this the "new" album?

I assume and hope that this isn't the thing they have been in the studio for. Chain Gang was recorded in the spring, the unreleased tracks are most likely outtakes from the LIHS sessions in 2017 and the tracks done live in the studio shouldn't have taken long to record.

This one, I wonder? Or maybe this...

There's another long-haired one though, isn't there?
HN1l4dWeegafIWMWravmFKbFiPY0s2YrJ1zpi5lxScc.png

This cover would be great and the title of album,this:

Long hair is an unpardonable offense which should be punishable by death.

Fek mate. Reckon this cover would be great showing Uncle Steve in his high school years at Hollywood High. I reckon if Uncle Steve's favorite ride at Disneyland was Space Mountain or Thunder Mountain mate inn n nn n nn n n nn n n n nn nn nn nnn nn n nnn n nnn it.

Morrissey USA.jpg

The recent recording sessions were for a forthcoming covers album, we're they not? And, therefore, the tracks on the LiHS reissue are additoonal to that or am misunderstanding?

The recent recording sessions were for a forthcoming covers album, we're they not? And, therefore, the tracks on the LiHS reissue are additoonal to that or am misunderstanding?
Allegedly one track recorded with the 'other' musicians - Chain Gang. The 3.5 weeks spent in the studio - anyone's guess (covers album most likely given information available).
Not forgetting the already done tracks that Joe et al left off the album at the time which probably require little effort.
(Oh, and possibly the mysterious Berlin meeting of Jesse, Moz & Boz may have been studio work - nothing solid to base that on other than travel photos).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited:
View attachment 45910
This cover would be great and the title of album,this:

Long hair is an unpardonable offense which should be punishable by death.

Fek blikey. That IS NOT Uncle "Air Steve" Morrissey. It is Michael Stipe. Steve was born in LA, not Mankchester. Another fake pic of Uncle Steve as a kid or teenager in Mankchester. You foreigner delusional loonies here are so lost.

Fek blikey. That IS NOT Uncle "Air Steve" Morrissey. It is Michael Stipe. Steve was born in LA, not Mankchester. Another fake pic of Uncle Steve as a kid or teenager in Mankchester. You foreigner delusional loonies here are so lost.

I am sure it's Morrissey with long hair.And it's first time i read your message without word "reckon".

Merry Moz-mas! A deluxe version of one of Morrissey's very best masterpieces. Happy holidays! :)

What I'd like to know is - why post "By the Time" and "Blue Dreamers Eyes" for free on YouTube months before announcing this? Did he perhaps think the deluxe edition was not going to happen?

What I'd like to know is - why post "By the Time" and "Blue Dreamers Eyes" for free on YouTube months before announcing this? Did he perhaps think the deluxe edition was not going to happen?

Are you sure they’re gonna be on there though. Also don’t some people usually release singles on YouTube before albums go on sale

Are you sure they’re gonna be on there though. Also don’t some people usually release singles on YouTube before albums go on sale

Obviously I'm not sure, but he knows that there are fans who will still buy stuff that's already out there for free - which may be the answer to my own question.

Obviously I'm not sure, but he knows that there are fans who will still buy stuff that's already out there for free - which may be the answer to my own question.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the model for music distribution in 2018 -- distribute freely to the broader audience (which does recoup some royalties) and sell the physicals to the core fan base.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the model for music distribution in 2018 -- distribute freely to the broader audience (which does recoup some royalties) and sell the physicals to the core fan base.

Just a little odd to see Morrissey "going by the model," I suppose. :paranoid:

I would agree with that if he had released all of the tracks on the delux but isn’t releasing one or two, assuming he songs are on the album, just what bands have been doing forever. Just promo tracks or videos

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tags
low in high school deluxe low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom