Iggy Pop mentions "Low In High School", meeting Morrissey - BBC Radio 6 Music

From Morten:

Iggy played 'Spent The Day In Bed' (at around 19:15) and mentioned that 'Low In High School' includes some of the clearest songs of Morrissey's career. Also mentioned meeting Morrissey: 'Sometimes it's good to talk to people - if they're interesting. I had the chance to talk to him once at work. And he is interesting - Morrissey'

Iggy Confidential - BBC Radio 6 Music
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09kfj9l

Last edited:
No, he should stay the course because everything is great the way it is. Never better.

I'm glad you're finally seeing it his way.

FOLKS TAKE NOTE !

:)

(I'm cutting my) own way
Through my own day
And all I dare say is
It's my own

(Got my) own seeds
Got my own weeds
I've got my own harvest
That I've sown

I can tell you
Things I've done
And I can sing you
Songs I've sung
But there's one thing
I can't give
For I and I alone can live

The years I've known
The life I've grown
Got a way I'm going
And it's my Way

I've got my own stakes
In my own game
I've got my own name
And it's my Way

I've got my own kith
I've got my own kin
I've got my own sin
And it's my Way

I've got my own peace
I've got my own wrath
I've got my own path that only I can go
I've got my own sword in my own hand
I've got my own plan that only I can know

Don't be sighing
Don't be crying
Your day will come; your day alone
Years you'll know and a life you'll grow
You got a way to go and it's all on your own

I've got my own world
I've got my own life
I've got my own strife
And it's my Way

I've got my own wrong
I've got my own right
I've got my own fight
And it's my Way

I've got my own prayers
I've got my own fears
I've got my own tears
And it's my Way

I've got my own joy
I've got my own load
I've got my own road
And it's my Way

The years I've known
The life I've grown
Got a way I'm going
And it's my Way

Don't be sighing
Don't be crying

:thumb:

I'm glad you're finally seeing it his way.

FOLKS TAKE NOTE !

:)

(I'm cutting my) own way
Through my own day
And all I dare say is
It's my own

(Got my) own seeds
Got my own weeds
I've got my own harvest
That I've sown

I can tell you
Things I've done
And I can sing you
Songs I've sung
But there's one thing
I can't give
For I and I alone can live

The years I've known
The life I've grown
Got a way I'm going
And it's my Way

I've got my own stakes
In my own game
I've got my own name
And it's my Way

I've got my own kith
I've got my own kin
I've got my own sin
And it's my Way

I've got my own peace
I've got my own wrath
I've got my own path that only I can go
I've got my own sword in my own hand
I've got my own plan that only I can know

Don't be sighing
Don't be crying
Years you'll know and a life you'll grow
You got a way to go and it's all on your own

I've got my own world
I've got my own life
I've got my own strife
And it's my Way

I've got my own wrong
I've got my own right
I've got my own fight
And it's my Way

I've got my own prayers
I've got my own fears
I've got my own tears
And it's my Way

I've got my own joy
I've got my own load
I've got my own road
And it's my Way

The years I've known
The life I've grown
Got a way I'm going
And it's my Way

Don't be sighing
Don't be crying

:thumb:

Or

But he effectively has, Half of LIHS was written by people other than Tobias/Boorer...
Yeah. And it's not very memorable or complex.

Morrissey... SOLO.
It's time that people stopped giving a shit about the players, and started caring about the results.
LIHS is DOA.

Hey, Elvis was a bloated pile of pills by the time Suspicious Minds came out, but it's a helluva song. Thankyou Thankyouverahmuch. Maybe Morrissey has something with effort and style left in him, maybe he doesn't.
Wouldn't hurt to throw some different musicians in the mix and see what turns up. Because there's not an exciting or vital composer in the bunch anymore.
He was no such thing. Around 68-69 (when SM was released) Elvis was enjoying a very successful comeback and was looking better than he had probably ever. The so-called bloated period came a few years later, around 1973.
This is Elvis in 1969: https://goo.gl/images/WGJTGZ

Moz should take a page out of Iggy's playbook and start fresh with entirely new collaborators. Sorry Boz, I know you've been there a while, but it's time to let the fella play with some new friends.
Iggy was so boring and by the numbers by the time Post-Pop Depression came out that the quality of it was absolutely jarring in a refreshing way. I didn't think he had any good albums left in him, and was so pleasantly surprised.

It's funny, many others have complained that he has changed too many musicians...

The music is pretty damn impressive on LIHS anyway and the critics often agreed from what I read.

Hey, Elvis was a bloated pile of pills by the time Suspicious Minds came out, but it's a helluva song. Thankyou Thankyouverahmuch. Maybe Morrissey has something with effort and style left in him, maybe he doesn't.
Wouldn't hurt to throw some different musicians in the mix and see what turns up. Because there's not an exciting or vital composer in the bunch anymore.

Totally agree. I said a couple of weeks back on another thread that I'd love to see him do an album of duets or collaborations with a whole range of artists. I feel sure he has something brilliant still left in him, but I'm sad to say I don't think it would ever happen, because I just don't see him sharing a stage or platform, or acclaim, or royalties, with anybody else. The need for adoration and absolute compliance is too great.

I'm pretty sure that's why he's backed himself into a corner with the current bunch of yes-men, with ever-diminishing returns. I'd love to be wrong but I can only foresee more of the same.

LIHS is DOA.
:laughing:

LIHS IS AN AMAZING ALBUM FOR THOSE THAT HEAR IT, AND IGGY HEARS IT, SAY NO MORE! CASE CLOSED ! :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer: !

SO FAR, LIHS IS THE BEST ALBUM OF 2018 !!! :rock:

WHAT A WAY TO BRING IN THE NEW YEAR !! :baby: :guitar::D

MORRISSEY HERE'S TO YOU !!! :thumb:

PLEASE GIFT THIS WORLD WITH MORE OF THE SAME BEAUTY THAT ONLY YOU CAN BRING US !!!

It's funny, many others have complained that he has changed too many musicians...

The music is pretty damn impressive on LIHS anyway and the critics often agreed from what I read.
Oh yes. Those critics. Always with their fingers on the pulse. Someone should tell them that they can take it at the wrist or neck and that they don't have to go straight up the butt for it.

He was no such thing. Around 68-69 (when SM was released) Elvis was enjoying a very successful comeback and was looking better than he had probably ever. The so-called bloated period came a few years later, around 1973.
This is Elvis in 1969: https://goo.gl/images/WGJTGZ
Morrissey's bloated period came right around World Peace. If he took up a residency in Vegas they could get two birds stoned at once. He could have a stage, and the bookies could set up odds for the show happening and take bets outside. The winners lose and the losers win, up is down, black is white, complete pandemonium...

now all the snowflakes will go gay Iggy up calling up to his radio show and whining.:eek:

SO FAR...:D

LIHS is on 24/7 rotation on god's jukebox! all the angels with their harps can not compete !

IGGY KNOWS

I KNOW

GOD KNOWS

CASE CLOSED :hammer:

Very few people know this, but I have first hand knowledge that God is tone deaf. I wouldn't base my decisions on what is in his jukebox. In short, ANGELS WITH THEIR HARPS > LIHS

Do the math!

Very few people know this, but I have first hand knowledge that God is tone deaf. I wouldn't base my decisions on what is in his jukebox. In short, ANGELS WITH THEIR HARPS > LIHS

Do the math!

even now you should know that...

GOD LUVS IGGY AND IGGY LUVS THE MOZ !

the circle is complete ! :cool:

LIHS ! :rock::guitar::thumb: and those that hear it will know it.

even now you should know that...

GOD LUVS IGGY AND IGGY LUVS THE MOZ !

the circle is complete ! :cool:

OH MY POOR MISGUIDED CHILD

The only "Circle" that applies here is the song of my life:

Please take a moment to enlighten yourself. God "LUVS" everyone. So nothing special there. Sorry.

:guitar::rock::thumb::cool::p

OH MY POOR MISGUIDED CHILD

The only "Circle" that applies here is the song of my life:

Please take a moment to enlighten yourself. God "LUVS" everyone. So nothing special there. Sorry.

:guitar::rock::thumb::cool::p

i'm no child of yours, don't cry !

yes jesus lived fast and died young, though I don't think he was a circle jerk... though, with those 12 apostles?.. guess anything is possible ! ;)

nope, god only luvs the special ones....AND LIHS IS A SPECIAL ALBUM FOR THOSE THAT HEAR IT! :D

:hammer:

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom