Iggy Pop mentions "Low In High School", meeting Morrissey - BBC Radio 6 Music

From Morten:

Iggy played 'Spent The Day In Bed' (at around 19:15) and mentioned that 'Low In High School' includes some of the clearest songs of Morrissey's career. Also mentioned meeting Morrissey: 'Sometimes it's good to talk to people - if they're interesting. I had the chance to talk to him once at work. And he is interesting - Morrissey'

Iggy Confidential - BBC Radio 6 Music
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09kfj9l

Last edited:
That song made my ears bleed....so thank you for that. The nails in the hands thing wasn't enough for you! :squiffy:

'ears bleed' ?

you mean the Joni Mitchell song? It's a hell of a song.

'ears bleed' ?

you mean the Joni Mitchell song? It's a hell of a song.

Well then there is a place in hell for me and my apostles, and that song! It does explain a lot though. We have a vastly different taste in music so it must be this that allows you to believe that LIHS was the best album of 2017. How can you possibly write that with straight fingers? :eek:

Morrrissey has wandered off the path of musical righteousness and my solo prayer for him is that he returns to the quality of music and lyrics that brought him to where he was ten years ago. You can question me, it is natural to do so, but some things are true whether you believe in them or not.

You may think you have seen the light, but don't just take my word for it, I have been given this message to deliver to you:

200.gif

Well then there is a place in hell for me and my apostles, and that song! It does explain a lot though. We have a vastly different taste in music so it must be this that allows you to believe that LIHS was the best album of 2017. How can you possibly write that with straight fingers? :eek:

Morrrissey has wandered off the path of musical righteousness and my solo prayer for him is that he returns to the quality of music and lyrics that brought him to where he was ten years ago. You can question me, it is natural to do so, but some things are true whether you believe in them or not.

You may think you have seen the light, but don't just take my word for it, I have been given this message to deliver to you:

200.gif

MORRISSEY IS THE ONE TRUE LIGHT !

that WILL NEVER go out.

like moths to a flame how could we stay away?

Change? so much ? really? It's not trip hop or Dixieland, and Circle jerks it will never be, sorry.

'and my solo prayer for him is that he returns to the quality of music'

But as the great IGGY basically says... Morrissey has improved evolved and he has more clarity with LIHS. Iggy was talking about Morrissey's words, clear and powerful and to the point. If some folks don't like his point then go somewhere else. Do people really think M comes to solo to take the 'good' advice of strangers?:crazy:, it does no one any good, themselves included.

'Morrrissey has wandered off the path of musical righteousness'

:lbf:

On the contrary, HE is the one STILL paving the path and leading the way, other 'artists' are merely behind him safely/cowardly following as HE takes all the slings and arrows because HE is the only one brave enough and more importantly interesting enough to do so.

You may disagree with my posts, but the things I state are the truth whether you believe in them or not.

Anyways .....

THE IGGY MAN KNOWS .

:cool:

Just because Morrissey made Christmas cards with you that one time... ;)

Frankly g23 the things you post, are filled with hate and it will corrode your soul, oh, we didn't realize that you were only joking, please refrain when your at solo in trying to be funny.

;)

Frankly g23 the things you post, are filled with hate and it will corrode your soul, oh, we didn't realize that you were only joking, please refrain when your at solo in trying to be funny.

;)
They're filled with hope, believe it or not. You only need read my post in the "where were you when you bought Viva Hate" thread to know I'm speaking (at least my version of) the truth.

They're filled with hope, believe it or not. You only need read my post in the "where were you when you bought Viva Hate" thread to know I'm speaking (at least my version of) the truth.

I know, I should never have given you that tape that day !

sorry.

;)

It's very nice when his colleagues have Morrissey's music in high consideration. I think it's even better than charts because charts are easily manipulated.

Off topic but Happy New Year to all the Moz fans who contribute to making this site so interesting. To all the haters: it's a new year and you should remember the immortal line from Goodfellas: 'any day above ground is a good day '.
As Moz himself says 'I'm just happy to be here'. Viva Love.

It's very nice when his colleagues have Morrissey's music in high consideration. I think it's even better than charts because charts are easily manipulated.

Please provide the methods by which and empirically verifiable examples of chart manipulation.

Iggy Pop is pretty good live. But he's also a kid-f***ing Republican insurance-pusher.

that WILL NEVER go out.

Change? so much ? really? It's not trip hop or Dixieland, and Circle jerks it will never be, sorry.

But as the great IGGY basically says... Morrissey has improved evolved and he has more clarity with LIHS. Iggy was talking about Morrissey's words, clear and powerful and to the point. If some folks don't like his point then go somewhere else. Do people really think M comes to solo to take the 'good' advice of strangers?:crazy:, it does no one any good, themselves included.

On the contrary, HE is the one STILL paving the path and leading the way, other 'artists' are merely behind him safely/cowardly following as HE takes all the slings and arrows because HE is the only one brave enough and more importantly interesting enough to do so.

You may disagree with my posts, but the things I state are the truth whether you believe in them or not.

Anyways .....

THE IGGY MAN KNOWS .

Posted from the K-hole. Seek help. You’re, fully, undeniably cognitively bent.

Insurance pusher

Sable Star (famous underage groupie) is the subject of this Iggy Pop song with lyrics stating “I slept with sable Star when she was 13” and brags about her parents couldn’t do anything about it. Numerous pics of the two together

As for being a republican he’s done interviews where he’s talked about being conservative in his later years and I believe voted for Reagan. He also
Voted for Clinton, the male one, so this is more ambiguous. It does amuse me some who were aghast at morrisseys interview and spacey comments who loudly say morrissey should follow pops example without any mention of his own terrible actions (and that’s actions not words). Same with Elvis who met his wife at fourteen and people like Jerry Lee Lewis who we all know married his cousin at a tender age. Some might say this used to happen all the time but then they’d sound to much like morrissey in his last interview

that WILL NEVER go out.

Anyways .....

THE IGGY MAN KNOWS .

Uh....hullo Benny and hullo Brummie. Hullo to my apostles who are flying around in the reception room of the insane asylum where i am using the internet. not that i live here, gosh no, one of my apostles works here and i can use the free internet.
Hullo Benny and hullo Brummie....Moz has lost the light. Yes I am tone deaf but even now in this state i know his music has lost its qualche....like a duck without a duck foot. the big duck foot that looks like a wing.
Duck attacked me when i was disco dancing outside where they take us to relax.....i mean where i go to relax.
I am also Jesus and have many apostles.
OK brummie and benny good work and keep it up. god loves everybody except the whiskey. and gay disco ducks. bye bye brummie and benny. good good work going.

Please provide the methods by which and empirically verifiable examples of chart manipulation.

I was thinking if you have, let's say, one dollar million to spend you can make a big difference in chart positions. I'm not saying people do that, but it's possible given the volume of sales. The only empirical verification you need is a calculator and a little knowledge of human nature.

I was thinking if you have, let's say, one dollar million to spend you can make a big difference in chart positions. I'm not saying people do that, but it's possible given the volume of sales. The only empirical verification you need is a calculator and a little knowledge of human nature.

In other words, you’re talking out your ass. You have neither a grasp on how charting systems work, or the meaning of the word “empirical”.

Go back to sleep.

Tags
low in high school info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom