Morrissey Central WHY HAS COMMON SENSE BECOME SO … UNCOMMON? (July 4, 2020)

How does that work in America? Everyone is a mass migrant apart from Native Americans?

Not true.
My ancestors technically never immigrated to America. They settled in New France and became American with the Louisiana purchase.
Same deal with the Russians who were already in Alaska where the US purchased it.
Texas was an independent country that was annexed by the United States. So the descendants of those people are technically not immigrants
The South unimmigrated by leaving the Union and were brought back in involuntarily. They would best be described as conquered people.
And are you really going to call black slaves “immigrants”?

And if you really want to split hairs, the Native Americans originally came from Siberia.

Not true.
My ancestors technically never immigrated to America. They settled in New France and became American with the Louisiana purchase.
Same deal with the Russians who were already in Alaska where the US purchased it.
Texas was an independent country that was annexed by the United States. So the descendants of those people are technically not immigrants
The South unimmigrated by leaving the Union and were brought back in involuntarily. They would best be described as conquered people.

And if you really want to split hairs, the Native Americans originally came from Siberia.

You're splitting hairs.

They were in one country & they moved to another.

The Native Americans arrived before anyone else.

Not true.

The later point is of course correct, hence the term ‘Aboriginal’ Americans is now preferred in academia—the term ‘Native Americans’ is seen as a certain indicator of a racist, in some influential circles.

Watch this and tell me that you don't think 'black lives matter' misses the point. Shocking and disturbing as this footage is, what is most shocking about it is that barely anyone has heard of this guy's name. He was white...and mentally ill. 3 officers were indicted...then charges dropped.

Watch this and tell me that you don't think 'black lives matter' misses the point. Shocking and disturbing as this footage is, what is most shocking about it is that barely anyone has heard of this guy's name. He was white...and mentally ill. 3 officers were indicted...then charges dropped.

In truth, there is zero state support for a review of police powers in the US or the UK; once you can accept that, you begin to understand the high-level backing of BLM. Shame on the latter project for falling for the oldest trick in the book: deception through flattery.

Get up off your knees, and stand up for your rights.

Last edited by a moderator:

I could post a lot of links - but the police mishandling situations with mentally ill people is a big campaign issue in the USA & the UK.

It doesn't get a lot of coverage or incite a huge amount of anger because the police don't really deny they mishandle these cases.

I could post a lot of links - but the police mishandling situations with mentally ill people is a big campaign issue in the USA & the UK.

It doesn't get a lot of coverage or incite a huge amount of anger because the police don't really deny they mishandle these cases.

If I went to my employer, and said I’d like their institutional support for a review of police powers, and police brutality in particular, I’d be told to f*** off. The latter fact might be some evidence (together with the endless footage of police abusing and executing people) that such a review is actually needed.

One can judge the sincerity of acceptances of a ‘mishandling’ by the repetition of offences. You just have to talk to any police officer, for about 60 seconds, to realise you’re not dealing with a full ticket—and in that diagnostic moment it also becomes clear that their levels of cognitive disfunction are exactly why they were selected for the job.

Even in Canada, wellness checks go badly. This is recent. Female RCMP officer doing a "wellness check" on an Asian female.

This is another recent wellness check, by RCMP officers, on a white female ex firefighter.

If I went to my employer, and said I’d like their institutional support for a review of police powers, and police brutality in particular, I’d be told to f*** off. The latter fact might be some evidence (together with the endless footage of police abusing and executing people) that such a review is actually needed.

One can judge the sincerity of acceptances of a ‘mishandling’ by the repetition of offences. You just have to talk to any police officer, for about 60 seconds, to realise you’re not dealing with a full ticket—and in that diagnostic moment it also becomes clear that their levels of cognitive disfunction are exactly why they were selected for the job.

I agree it's never easy. Most activism is mind numbing & soul destroying & will get a wee change after consuming years of your life.

Most protests turn out to be more circuses than bread.

There's a lot of progressives openly dragging progressives these days (there wasn't in 2017 when Moz jumped ship) - he could tap back via podcasts like Blocked & Reported... (I used to fight with Jesse all the time, now I'm like ok, MAYBE you have a point).

There's a lot of progressives openly dragging progressives these days (there wasn't in 2017 when Moz jumped ship) - he could tap back via podcasts like Blocked & Reported... (I used to fight with Jesse all the time, now I'm like ok, MAYBE you have a point).

I’m not entirely sure he wants to tap back. Sometimes I feel Morrissey wrote out a tragic story, of stardom, when The Smiths split. His art might now be as much about realising that, as singing and songwriting.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom