The Smiths added to Trump rally music (January 23, 2024)

Not sure if this is a joke: tweet says Trump added Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want to his pre-rally music in Laconia, New Hampshire.

UPDATE 12:34PM PT:

Surface posted the link:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
He's actually the one candidate that will try and avoid that.
RFK Jr and the Greens as well.

Part of me wonders if Moz supports RFK Jr, considering his environmental activism and the Kennedy's being prominent in the 1960s civil rights struggle. He announced his support of Bernie Sanders in 2016..

Who cares? It's a free country and he can play whatever he wants, doesn't mean that the artist endorses his campaign.

No. Do you? You are the one who said - or not.
He will 'perform' Quarry from first song to last. I have no doubt of that.
I would love to hear Suspicious Minds - but I'm probably clutching at straws with that hope.

‘Or not’ referring to lyric change in that particular song.

No. Do you? You are the one who said - or not.
He will 'perform' Quarry from first song to last. I have no doubt of that.
I would love to hear Suspicious Minds - but I'm probably clutching at straws with that hope.
I doubt he’ll play it in order, but we’ll see.
Looking very much forward to Friday!

Sorry, but my first reaction was to laugh with bemusement at the thought this is the most emotionally sweet experience that gathering - mothers, fathers, citizens, human beings, after all - will be treated to during the rallies.

And there's JM taking the unilateral, full-spectrum dominance approach. A grand chap. Sure let him, for a while, after his belated glory. Since somehow JM alone is now The Smiths, for as long as that lasts, Moz is off the hook.

Nutty world though. No hope in either heavy-hitter, only as Juan D says, in third parties. Thankfully, hAmerica is not the world.

Totally agree. Johnny needs to chill. He will just give Trump more publicity.
No he doesn't? Since when is speaking up against shit something you need to chill about? And I thought, you were totally for free speech and freedom of expression and to stand behind your opinion etc etc ...it's the same like saying Morrissey should stop talking about animal abuse, because it gives it more publicity for example...

In making us pay even more for our protection. Yes, he is the business man that will make the BIG DEAL.
Actually the first President in decades that actually got other NATO members to start paying what they were supposed to for America's protection.

No he doesn't? Since when is speaking up against shit something you need to chill about? And I thought, you were totally for free speech and freedom of expression and to stand behind your opinion etc etc ...it's the same like saying Morrissey should stop talking about animal abuse, because it gives it more publicity for example...
I think speaking up against animal torture or abuse is a tad different. This is just a politician holding a rally.

Actually the first President in decades that actually got other NATO members to start paying what they were supposed to for America's protection.
Western Europe is the last bastion before the US Eastcoast. It's in their own interest too. But he will find ways to make us pay. Fear is a factor. Always.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom