The Smiths added to Trump rally music (January 23, 2024)

Not sure if this is a joke: tweet says Trump added Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want to his pre-rally music in Laconia, New Hampshire.

UPDATE 12:34PM PT:

Surface posted the link:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
I live in the US. Just a note - I only get my news from face-to-face reality, interacting with the public - never from big news outlets. To be brief, T's term in-office may have been good for fuel prices, but frustratingly caused hatred and strong dislike/distrust among huge groups of Americans (it seemed intentional to boot) - which we are still dealing with today. I also rarely, if ever, speak about US politics. Honestly, I'm tired of all the crime. American citizens for this upcoming presidential election have an impossible choice, for certain if they vote mainstream.

Americans, PLEASE VOTE THIRD PARTY. It's never been the time for that more than now.

I appreciate your opinion here, all the same.
two party systems destroy countries,its you have a shot at it then you have a shot at it,new parties dont stand a chance,its the fear of not knowing,its a game of who will empty your wallet the fastest.

Watch Trumpers try and paint him as a Biden supporter now lol
That was 2019 though. I wonder would Moz still say f*** Trump in 2024? Especially if the choice is between Trump and Biden? My guess is Moz would probably say both sides could offer a better choice?

I guess we’ll hear Friday when he sings America is Not the World. Or not.

two party systems destroy countries,its you have a shot at it then you have a shot at it,new parties dont stand a chance,its the fear of not knowing,its a game of who will empty your wallet the fastest.
Totally agree, Gordy, the 2 party system has destroyed real political choice in both the US and the UK

I guess we’ll hear Friday when he sings America is Not the World. Or not.
He will definitely sing America Is Not the World though? He is going to sing Quarry from first song to last. My guess it will be Quarry plus some regular numbers from previous shows. And maybe a new song off Without Music?

He will definitely sing America Is Not the World though? He is going to sing Quarry from first song to last. My guess it will be Quarry plus some regular numbers from previous shows. And maybe a new song off Without Music?
Has he ever done that live? Or any other Quarry song that he’s never done live? Camden?

We shall see.

I remember the days of checking this site for the setlist from the gig the night before and being pleasantly surprised to see him dust off some Smiths song never performed solo before, or something from his early solo days.

Sadly, such setlist surprises are few and far between now. I think the last one to shock me was when he brought back Our Frank, but even that has gone stale now.

Just wondering in context of this incident what the lyric change might be? Also, we did have a black president, though I think Morrissey had his own particular take on that, lol.

In celebration of the 20th anniversary of his album, You Are The Quarry, Morrissey will perform the album in its entirety plus fan favorites at Honda Center.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom