The Smiths added to Trump rally music (January 23, 2024)

Not sure if this is a joke: tweet says Trump added Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want to his pre-rally music in Laconia, New Hampshire.

UPDATE 12:34PM PT:

Surface posted the link:

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s the least Trumpy song I can think of.
He’s a joke that isn’t funny anymore.

View attachment 100847
Just the thought of hearing these words « for once in my life, let me get what I wannt. Lird knows it would be the first time « at a Trump meeting makes me cringe. This bully who can’t even accept defeat in a democratic election because he is used to always get what he wants.

Brief tweet article:
Johnny Marr slams Trump rally using Smiths songs

I'll eventually dig out all Jesse's tweets, but his communications about Trump were very frequent and venomous during the life of his Twitter account - possibly more so than just 'doing it because the boss does'.
FWD.

Johhny's tweet is potentially quite clever - if Moz says nothing, then people think Moz is on Trump's side; if Moz says something similar then it just looks like Moz is following Johnny's lead. Either way Johnny comes out smelling of roses.

Johhny's tweet is potentially quite clever - if Moz says nothing, then people think Moz is on Trump's side; if Moz says something similar then it just looks like Moz is following Johnny's lead. Either way Johnny comes out smelling of roses.
I don't think he did it to outsmart Morrissey. He just speaks his mind as with the David Cameron thing and I'm absolutely here for it. If Morrissey stays quiet, that's his business.

Gash, you're going to be on here insisting the silence means he's pro-Trump. I'll say he isn't. Then SER or Donnie will post something pro-Trump on Central & Morrissey will say something that can can be interpreted as pro-Trump at a gig.

That's how it usually goes.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom