The One That Got Away

Black Cloud

Case Sensitive
Which single Morrissey or Smiths show that you did not attend do you most regret missing? Why?

I know this probably has already been posted here, so feel free to link the old thread, somebody...

Which single Morrissey or Smiths show that you did not attend do you most regret missing? Why?

I know this probably has already been posted here, so feel free to link the old thread, somebody...

The Smiths at the Hacienda, February 4, 1983. I don't actually know if that was a great show or not (I've read it was a bit flat) but it would satisfy two of my lifelong wishes, seeing The Smiths and standing inside The Hacienda. Can't say I "regret it" because I had no way of being there, but maybe I could say I regret not being born about ten years earlier than I was-- and in Manchester. :)

Last edited:
If I wasn't such a classy broad, I would have liked to have attended Morrissey's gig at the Bowery Ballroom.

Only because it was so intimate.

i regret not going to see him at virgin in 2000 and i regret not buying all those smiths and morrissey tshirts(there had to be 10-15 tshirts, all vintage) in 1998 at the salvation army on delancey and allen st. i wish i had the cash on me that day cause the next day they were all gone! ill kick myself everyday for it. :(

It's early in the thread but I'd like to flip it's on it's head a little bit.
On the Ringleaders tour I went ticketless to Birmingham to meet a friend & hopefully pick up a ticket at a reasonable price from a tout.
I had a nice little afternoon in Brum, saw Simon Callow coming out of the theatre next to the Symphony Hall & managed to purchase a ticket from a tout for 60 quid (on a night when even the touts were struggling to get hold of tickets). Good stuff! But I'd seen Moz already on the tour & one of the people we were with hadn't, so I thought 'sod it' & sold it to them for the 60 that I paid (I needed the money more than the ticket).
So, me & half a dozen other people spent the entrie gig stood in the foyer of the hall, agonisingly close to the door into Moz-dom for the night.
We got booze, had fun with the door staff (yes, such a thing is possible) & listened in through the door.

And do you know what?

I think I enjoyed that more than I would've enjoyed the actual gig.

I also ended up going to London from Brum for a grand total of 33 minutes, but that's another story & I've already bored you enough.

Being a young 'un, I wish I could have seen The Smiths or early Morrissey. I wish I had been at many, many gigs in far-off places, but that's not really a 'regret' since there was no way I could have attended. So I guess 'The One that Got Away' would be Kilmainham last year, just because I so desperately wanted to go but couldn't (I was flying to New York the same night). :( And it irks me that my ex-boyfriend, who firmly believes Morrissey to be a nasty ol' racist, DID attend.

Back
Top Bottom