70s sitcom 'On The Buses' - Morrissey got an idea?

ALLIE WALLS

Hi i was watching On the buses, a 70s sitcom which follows the exploits of 2 hapless bus drivers starring Reg Varney. It ran through the late 60s and early 70s. There was a scene where they fell out and one turned to the other and said i always met you at the cemetry gates!!
Its plausable the young Moz could have used this as inspiration

Alan

Hi i was watching On the buses, a 70s sitcom which follows the exploits of 2 hapless bus drivers starring Reg Varney. It ran through the late 60s and early 70s. There was a scene where they fell out and one turned to the other and said i always met you at the cemetry gates!!
Its plausable the young Moz could have used this as inspiration

Alan

Oh hell yes - this stuff is right up his street.

Peter

This is nice comment, in a little book I wrote to Morrissey, wrote to him about 'On the Buses' and wrote the lyrics to the film song - I was writing the lines such as . . ,.

' Its so romantic on the Buses, make sure you leave your bird at home, you'll find so many on the buses, you won't be sitting on your own,'

Then they got rather risque, which I hadn't realised before and I had to stop writing them! :)

But I do think he would have watched On the Buses, the films are like the Carry On movies, there is alot of love within the cast, they are like watching a family. Was too young to watch the series.

:thumb:

blakey.jpg

I 'ate you..

I did hear that Morrissey was spotted in hmv once buying on the buses videos. I think it was Danny Baker who recalled the incident on his radio show.

I'll get you Butler....

Back
Top Bottom