Morrissey's Vegetarianism

I will admit that I am a little disappointed in the fact that he isn't vegan. But even though I wish he was, I still do feel he does some good with in getting a general idea of not eating animals or their by products out there. I love how he isn't afraid to express how he feels. Like at the Coachella show with his remark about the smell of meat and the hope that it was human's. I love it! And reading this interview, http://foreverill.com/interviews/1985/murder.htm, gets me excited. I love how he supports more militant groups such as the ALF and such. Or at least he did then, and I would assume now as well. But I must say, the interviewer really does get on my nerves with his pointless and childish questions. Moz's responses make up for it, though.

Oviously Morrissey is a vegie, but he drinks alcohol wich has been filtered using animal extracts, does this mean he contradicts himself or what. Im not having a go at him as im a veggie myself and still drink alcohol, any1 else?

Most of the German beers are vegan! And there's also a list of a bunch o vegan beers!

as of the last tour he was NOT vegan.
as per his rider last year:

250g quality vegetarian cheddar cheese from Ireland or New Zealand.
Organic milk, 2% fat.
Kerrygold Salted butter
one pack of Cheez-It crackers, red or white cheese

i dont see why he doesn't go vegan.
moz please go vegan, you wont get beat up like moby did, i promise.

lol CHEEZ-ITS?!

christ moz, get a better diet

I get the feeling hes on the vegeterian junk food diet. The kind you do the first month your a vegeterian. Eating soy/gluten based anything. That stuff is so bad for you. I could definitly see him microwaving a boca burger with a glass of wine.

Well I dont know about Moz,but my life was shattered today by an article in a freebie newspaper that said most bread, white and brown, has some part of pigs intestines in it, but this is never put on the label as they feel it is 'cooked out' in the process.

This is diabolical, and the thought of no more Warburtons toastie bread makes me quite sad. On the plus side though, I did eat far too much bread so I'm starting to think this is a good bit of news for me (as long as I dont dwell on my last 30 years of bread consuming :o:o).

Well I dont know about Moz,but my life was shattered today by an article in a freebie newspaper that said most bread, white and brown, has some part of pigs intestines in it, but this is never put on the label as they feel it is 'cooked out' in the process.

This is diabolical, and the thought of no more Warburtons toastie bread makes me quite sad. On the plus side though, I did eat far too much bread so I'm starting to think this is a good bit of news for me (as long as I dont dwell on my last 30 years of bread consuming :o:o).
I didn't know about this so looked up the story on the Metro site... Here it is.

It says that Warburtons, Hovis and Kingsmill customers "need not worry". Not sure if I believe that or not though...

you WHAAT?!! :mad:

WHAT????

omg thats it, im going back to baking my own, and to think i was just getting a taste for that seed sensations stuff.. :mad:
(mind you i could live without bread, one of those foods i like for a while then get sick of.)

as of the last tour he was NOT vegan.
as per his rider last year:

250g quality vegetarian cheddar cheese from Ireland or New Zealand.
Organic milk, 2% fat.
Kerrygold Salted butter
one pack of Cheez-It crackers, red or white cheese

i dont see why he doesn't go vegan.
moz please go vegan, you wont get beat up like moby did, i promise.

I understand it is practically impossible to get cheese from new zealand that is veggie. :mad:
good to see he has skimmed organic milk though, he'd be ok living with me. ;)

lol CHEEZ-ITS?!

christ moz, get a better diet

I get the feeling hes on the vegeterian junk food diet. The kind you do the first month your a vegeterian. Eating soy/gluten based anything. That stuff is so bad for you. I could definitly see him microwaving a boca burger with a glass of wine.

I have the same feeling. Of course, I don't know if that is true, and I don't know what he's eating every day. But he puts on a lot of weight, so eating vegeterian junk food could be true.

Same reason as other vegetarians have:
No determination to do all the things to be a vegan. I bet it's not easy to be one, all the special food preparing and such..
I forgive him, I'm not going that far either.

It's not that difficult as it sounds. Especially for a person who has enough money, personal staff and the possibilities to chose.

I have the same feeling. Of course, I don't know if that is true, and I don't know what he's eating every day. But he puts on a lot of weight, so eating vegeterian junk food could be true.

he said in a recent interview that the anti depressants he takes bloats him. also at a recent concert at the House of Blues he requested brown rice and peppers which is as healthy as you can get.

I understand it is practically impossible to get cheese from new zealand that is veggie. :mad:
good to see he has skimmed organic milk though, he'd be ok living with me. ;)

There's a few companies in NZ that have cheese suitable for vegetarians (Livingstone, Island Stream, some others), mind you I'm lactose intolerant so I avoid the stuff altogether :p.

Didn't The Smiths all live off egg and chips from motorway service stations?

Dave

on the subject of bread - NO one should be eating it regardless of your diet, white, whole wheat, pumpernickle. It's all garbage, and you dont need it. If you do need something to spread jam on, try Ezekiel Sprouted Bread, it actually has nutritional value, and is gluten free! haha

Back
Top Bottom