Morrissey statement on Manchester Attack - Morrissey Official Facebook

Text:

Celebrating my birthday in Manchester as news of the Manchester Arena bomb broke. The anger is monumental.
For what reason will this ever stop?

Theresa May says such attacks "will not break us", but her own life is lived in a bullet-proof bubble, and she evidently does not need to identify any young people today in Manchester morgues. Also, "will not break us" means that the tragedy will not break her, or her policies on immigration. The young people of Manchester are already broken - thanks all the same, Theresa. Sadiq Khan says "London is united with Manchester", but he does not condemn Islamic State - who have claimed responsibility for the bomb. The Queen receives absurd praise for her 'strong words' against the attack, yet she does not cancel today's garden party at Buckingham Palace - for which no criticism is allowed in the Britain of free press. Manchester mayor Andy Burnham says the attack is the work of an "extremist". An extreme what? An extreme rabbit?
In modern Britain everyone seems petrified to officially say what we all say in private. Politicians tell us they are unafraid, but they are never the victims. How easy to be unafraid when one is protected from the line of fire. The people have no such protections.

Morrissey
23 May 2017.

Media coverage:

Last edited by a moderator:
Where are the solutions from the right though? Is a solution even possible. I am not for war but it seems that there is and has been a continuous war going back centuries that is just now taking the form of Islamic State vs the West.
When Trump dropped the MOAB recently on an IS location, although I'd rather see peace negotiated, I had to wonder why this wasn't done sooner. If we know where the Islamic State heads are located what are we waiting for? They will eventually get control of nuclear weapons if they are not wiped out.
On the other hand it seems the more the US gets involved in the Middle East the worse it becomes. Trading Saddam Hussein for IS doesn't really seem like it worked out very well.

Deport anyone with a criminal record, deport anyone found in the Uk illegally. Shut down any mosque in the UK where radicals are found to be attempting to radicalise young men. Sort out your policies around the Middle East. Closer monitoring of your men going to the Middle East where radicalisation occurs all of which is ultimately going to lead to a far bigger defence budget. But most importantly greater interaction with moderate muslim think-tanks to see what ideas they have around the growing problem of radical islam. Pretty much everything I just suggested is a band aid on a gaping wound. The long term solution MUST come from with islam itself. I'll be honest I fear it won't. The day you a mass demonstration of 100,000+ Muslims marching into Pall Mall to denounce radical Islam I think you can say there is hope. But honestly do you think we will ever see such an event?

Mate as I've mentioned earlier whenever you question the merits of mass middle eastern immigration into Europe opponents on the Left just immediately label you 'alt-right' (another term for racist) and consider that that ends the argument right there. It's lazy beyond belief.

It's lazy, and it allows them to virtue-signal and make us look like the bad guys. The thing is, it's getting to the point where people are less worried about looking like a bad person and more concerned about standing against a real threat to our way of life.

yeah isn't it pathetic to be 'breaking up with Morrissey' simply because he questioned the wisdom of political policies around immigration and damned ISIS at the same time! Wow what a horrible human being!! I guess the alternative is to just take the Sadiq Khan ruote and accept it as a part and parcel of everyday life in a big city and just carry on like there are no problems with growing terrorism in Britain. That to me is like the band striking up a tune om the Titanic.

I had my uncle unfriend me from Facebook literally over some memes. But the aversion to facing tough realities is real for some people. It's not easy, and sadly it will take an insane number of attacks before those in denial are slowly and incrementally roused from their stupor.

I get that people don't want to face tough realities, but living in denial helps no one. People who are in denial need to remember that their denial is in part being complicit to the next attack.

Remember the good old days when Moz donated money to Love Music Hate Racism, saying he wasn't racist? That looks now like a shallow business calculation - if I give this, I'll still make it back from my flock. He is nothing more than an appalling racist who loves money.

Deport anyone with a criminal record, deport anyone found in the Uk illegally. Shut down any mosque in the UK where radicals are found to be attempting to radicalise young men. Sort out your policies around the Middle East. Closer monitoring of your men going to the Middle East where radicalisation occurs all of which is ultimately going to lead to a far bigger defence budget. But most importantly greater interaction with moderate muslim think-tanks to see what ideas they have around the growing problem of radical islam. Pretty much everything I just suggested is a band aid on a gaping wound. The long term solution MUST come from with islam itself. I'll be honest I fear it won't. The day you a mass demonstration of 100,000+ Muslims marching into Pall Mall to denounce radical Islam I think you can say there is hope. But honestly do you think we will ever see such an event?
That doesn't sound like a solution, like you said it's a band aid. False identification, forged or obtained through identity theft will mean that the people that are actually dangerous will be very difficult to detect. And every one of those people you want to deport for a criminal record will be entitled to hearings unless you want to radically alter that way government conducts the process. At some point the balance is tipped so that "the terrorists win" as they have in the US because although the attacks are pretty few and far between we are all monitored now and it's the law.
You can't blame the right or the left, the dems or republicans, because Bush and Obama both signed laws that take away our right to trial and allow for a US citizen to be assassinated. Unlimited search without warrant. What the f*** were we fighting for in Afghanistan? It wasn't freedom.

Remember the good old days when Moz donated money to Love Music Hate Racism, saying he wasn't racist? That looks now like a shallow business calculation - if I give this, I'll still make it back from my flock. He is nothing more than an appalling racist who loves money.

And you're a thick-as-shit idiot who can't recognise a parody statement from a non-official "official website", but hey, who's counting?

Well regardless of your opinion it appears the MEN murders have split the country down the middle. Which is exactly the reaction I imagine whomever was ultimately responsible wanted.
Sad divisive times we live in. Where every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks their opinion is worth hearing.
Perhaps we/I should concentrate my distress on those who have died and been seriously injured.

I also feel like some people think he shouldn't be making political statements now as that is using this tragedy as an opportunity to repeat the same old things and shows a lack of respect for the severity of the event. But then if that is the case using Morrissey's statement as an opportunity to attack him for saying the same old things seems even more trivial.

This

And you're still on a website supporting such a person, hypocrite!

Last edited:
But why racist? I dont SEE anything racist in that statement.

Using the term racist og right wing is probably the easiest way to ruin any discussion.

The statement is clearly incorrect anyway. Many Mp's have lost their lives whilst serving in their roles, not least those killed by the IRA in a terror campaign.

Morrissey is just not relevant anymore.

I am surprised that you use the word racist because he's clearly a xenophobe and there is a difference. His comment long ago about how blacks and whites will never get along, or "Obama is white inside" were more racist so if you wanted to compile all he has said you might come up with that view but then you'd have to ignore him saying racism is appalling.
You seem to have been trying to prove he is a racist for years and in my opinion by choosing this occasion to attack him as if the statement of a pop star who was probably drunk at the time is more important than the deaths of young people who were attempting to enjoy an evening of music. You're more angry at him than you are at the suicide bomber.
Once someone said that you have a grudge against Morrissey and want to see him fail or something similar and you challenged them to provide proof. I think your posts on this topic qualify.

Let's just take a moment to remember the fact that Morrissey supported the IRA terrorist Brighton bombing in 1984, when they murdered 5 people. "I feel relatively happy about it. I think that for once the IRA were accurate in selecting their target" (Melody Maker 1984)

When is UncleSkinny going to block Morrissey and leave this website for good? :lbf:
The question is more: When is David T man enough to block KnobSkinny ie release him from his moderator-status? The man clearly needs to be put out of his misery. He is a disgrace to this site. Not only spreading lies about Moz, and continually insulting him, but bullying and berating other users along the way.
He certainly takes out a lot of enjoyment people may be having visiting this site and there's only one way this can stop, David.

Let's just take a moment to remember the fact that Morrissey supported the IRA terrorist Brighton bombing in 1984, when they murdered 5 people. "I feel relatively happy about it. I think that for once the IRA were accurate in selecting their target" (Melody Maker 1984)

Your point?

Well regardless of your opinion it appears the MEN murders have split the country down the middle. Which is exactly the reaction I imagine whomever was ultimately responsible wanted.
Sad divisive times we live in. Where every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks their opinion is worth hearing.
Perhaps we/I should concentrate my distress on those who have died and been seriously injured.

Including you.

Back
Top Bottom