Morrissey haters!!

mozza5426

Just wondered how all of you react when you get a mozza hater. I absolutely love his music, as well as all the smiths stuff passionately to the extreme where i dont think anyone else compares. Iv just recently been on a training course with work and this guy says morrissey is wa@k to keep a story short and depressing. I am the kind of person who gets annoyed with this, and would love to tell them how it is but then i think they clearly dont know anything about music so whats the point. I can appreciate it if they said i have listened to all there stuff but cannot get into them, because that is different to simply saying they are crap when they have no evidence to back up their argument. I was just wondering how all of you reacted to this kind of person, because there are a lot of them around unfortunately!!

Just wondered how all of you react when you get a mozza hater. I absolutely love his music, as well as all the smiths stuff passionately to the extreme where i dont think anyone else compares. Iv just recently been on a training course with work and this guy says morrissey is wa@k to keep a story short and depressing. I am the kind of person who gets annoyed with this, and would love to tell them how it is but then i think they clearly dont know anything about music so whats the point. I can appreciate it if they said i have listened to all there stuff but cannot get into them, because that is different to simply saying they are crap when they have no evidence to back up their argument. I was just wondering how all of you reacted to this kind of person, because there are a lot of them around unfortunately!!

Morrissey is a wack:eek:???

Eeek.

Peter

Just tell the guy that Morrissey is a "talented,successful,goodlooking,much loved wanker" and that's the difference between him and Morrissey.

It doesn't really matter what anyone thinks.We all know you have exceptional taste and class:cool:

Personally, I don't respond to people like that. It's just a waste of energy, and if they hate him (for WHAT?) I think he threatens some people who just simply don't understand what to make of him, and so they put him in a box and label him with whatever they THINK he is. I'd appreciate it as well if the person admitted they'd listen to the Smiths and Morrissey but just couldn't get into it. As we all know, there is no grey area when it comes to Moz. One either hates him with a passion (people hate what they don't understand.) or love him to pieces like we do. When I was much younger (like 25) I was VERY out there about my love and respect for him. But now I feel as if I don't have to justify my feelings. If the ignorant want to label him because they're crass and don't "get it", I am not going to waste my breath trying to convince them how special he is and how they are missing out. They deserve nothing from me.

I used to get really irate about Moz-haters as well, especially when you know the insults are coming from someone who's heard "Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" and nothing else. I don't think it's really worth it, though, in the long run. You'll rarely be able to change a person's mind about him, and I don't think Moz himself could care less what the detractors think. What did he say about it...something about "long may they stay that way / go and listen to Diana Ross records". I actually think there is something rewarding in liking an artist that so many people despise; it breeds a sense of kinship :D

I like Morrissey haters. They give him a reason to keep making records.

Re: Hmmmm

friday mourning also posted a similar thread complaining about someone called Morrissey a racist:

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=86062

I really don't think it's the same thing. Kewp. Most of the people I know that have said something about him have no idea of any of that. They just don't like something about his sound, or read somewhere that he is depressing or something. That's how it is in the US. In the UK, people that don't like him still know more about him. Over here he still lives with the image that journalists gave him in the 80's, when they failed to see his humor.

Re: Hmmmm

I really don't think it's the same thing. Kewp. Most of the people I know that have said something about him have no idea of any of that. They just don't like something about his sound, or read somewhere that he is depressing or something. That's how it is in the US. In the UK, people that don't like him still know more about him. Over here he still lives with the image that journalists gave him in the 80's, when they failed to see his humor.

Thats what i find.Most people think his lyrics are morose because they don't have the wherewithall to see that many of his lyrics or quotes are hilarious.

I tend to look at this way:
Some people hate Morrissey but I don't.
Some people like what is laughingly called r'n'b but I think it's total shit.

Different strokes for different folks innit?

Moz has had a lot of songs about death since his 'comback' though hasn't he?

Most of all, I don't mind people who don't like Morrissey, it's the 'fans' that come onto this site & criticise everything he does (and even things that he hasn't done yet) that really make me angry.

I live with one. :(
My dad.

So I do my best to intersperse Moz into everday conversation to piss him off. It's a success.
He likes to make fun of him, and vegatarienism.

Too which I flip him off say "f*** you" and then tell him to knock it off.
Which he usually does.

until the next time.

I actually don't know anyone else other than myself in my day to day life that likes Morrissey so i get a lot of stick about liking Morrissey. My brother is the worse when ever he sees me he pretends to wave flowers and pretends to cry and says "I'm Morrissey". I ignore him.:cool: Actually my brother and sister made a song that went along to "irsh blood english heart".
It was :"Irish blood , English heart i am miserable". :mad:

My 'ex' mate (split was nowt to do with Morrissey) HATES him, with a PASSION.
He was the 'old manc twat' to him. He used to literally walk out of the bar when he came on the Jukebox. Was kind of hard for me to deal with. I put up with his dancey ravey shite. :sick: And yes, I ask myself why daily.
...all in the past now though....

I find Morrissey fans are 99.9% fantastic people.

EDIT: ...I also find them quite happy people :)

When I was in my teens I used to get so mad at the morrissey haters... I even had some jerk rip the Morrissey sticker off my car... My brother would make fun of me and my parents would tell me to turn that crap off and grow up... I never did back down on what I liked and I learned to not let the haters get to me... Now that I am older (30) I still get get crap from my brother but he thinks it is cute when my daughters sing morrissey tunes to him... My husband could not stand Morrissey when we first got married and now 10 years later he goes to concerts with me and I even found some morrissey songs on his I-Phone.... Just be proud to be a fan and who cares what anyone else says:D

Back
Top Bottom