Message to Morrissey Management

Sorry but it is her fault. She's not so mad that she doesn't know whether she's got a ticket or not, especially as she has been offered one. It's her responsibility to buy her own ticket, not Morrissey's management. From their perspective all they are doing is letting her in early.

it is down to the mamangement here,
but having said that, they will definatly have given her a ticket, in the allocated area for 'guests' whioch in a seated theatre is often the first tier, it is then Julias responsibility to use her seat and not take others, a feat she obviously and shamefully fails at.
:(

Or maybe she just buys any old ticket to get into the venue and just assumes she can have anyone's seat she chooses.

from the basic grasp of the thread .. she sounds like an utter Twat. I would of told er where to go. snob. also comes to mind imagine thinking you av the right to simply feel free to sit anywhere you like. When i was at sunderland you where proded on the shoulder when even daring to stand in the isle yet she was allowed to do that? what the f***

Do you think she will apply for a refund for the three tickets she didn't buy for the Camden gigs? :D

Jukebox Jury

Some...of...us...is...turning...nasty!

But most of us have been nasty for quite a long time, so we've always bought our tickets :p

I thought it was funny that Jane Birkin replies to my honestly inquiring (wasn't trying to stir shite up) message by saying there's more to life than moaning about some fan. Oh no, dear, you haven't heard me moan!

I actually don't have anything against Julia. I would if she ever tried to get in my rightful seat though! Let's see if you talk peace, love, and bollocks if she takes your seat at the next Moz gig.

Mostly, this is a not a problem since they are usually general admission and she is so small that she hardly takes up any space. Another convenience is that she stands off to the right (Jesse's side) instead of taking up prime centre space or on Boz's side (my fave of the band).

Anyroad, I saw from the Edinburgh photo thread that one of my questions is answered -- there appears to be a moat (between the stage and the barrier). So I'm wondering how much space was there between the barrier and the first row of seats. Enough for just the first row or more?

I was in the second row and the front row was right up against the barrier. There was probably about 1 foot between your knees and the barrier if you were in the front row. After a few songs people just started pushing into the front row to squash in.

I was in the second row and the front row was right up against the barrier. There was probably about 1 foot between your knees and the barrier if you were in the front row. After a few songs people just started pushing into the front row to squash in.

Thanks for answering my question!

So it appears that there was only enough room for the first row to comfortably fit. Uncomfortably fit is another matter, I suppose.

It looks all the more reason Julia should've bought the proffered ticket instead of usurping somebody's fair and square purchased seat.

It's fair game for a standing venue, when you can rush the barrier, but to take someone's BOOKED seat - no, that's not on. Impolite.

Peter

my tuppence

yes we did email Julia & offer her 1 of the dozen tickets we managed to buy on row A. She did reply & politely refused our offer. This is why GU was upset to then see her in 1 of those seats. I don't know if she had already purchased a ticket tbh but it obviously wasn't on the front row on the right hand side of the venue. There was space in between the 2 sets of front rows that the aisle runs between & if she had stood there ALL of this would not of been an issue because she could not of been accused of taking anyones seat/space.

That's all I have to say!

love

Grim

my tuppence

yes we did email Julia & offer her 1 of the dozen tickets we managed to buy on row A. She did reply & politely refused our offer. This is why GU was upset to then see her in 1 of those seats. I don't know if she had already purchased a ticket tbh but it obviously wasn't on the front row on the right hand side of the venue. There was space in between the 2 sets of front rows that the aisle runs between & if she had stood there ALL of this would not of been an issue because she could not of been accused of taking anyones seat/space.

That's all I have to say!

love

Grim

It's not right, Garry. Really not. It's basic politeness. I don't care how many gigs she's been to, what about you, Lynne and Hugh, who've spent countless thousands following Moz, and helping fellow fans to get tickets? It's wrong.

Peter

It's fair game for a standing venue, when you can rush the barrier, but to take someone's BOOKED seat - no, that's not on. Impolite.

Peter

Oh, but with standing venues she just arrives minutes before the doors open, goes to the front of the line and then later casually walks to the front and "claims" her spot at the barrier. But everytime someone dares to comment on that here, he/she gets shot down as being jeaulous.

Peter

Actually at a standing venue Julia is always allowed to get in before the people who bought tickets because she's on the guest list.

If she doesn't take someone's seat I won't say anything, but this is not the first time I heard of her misbehaviour.

bored, Brel and my friend witnessed the same incidents in the past which is totally outrageous.

Last edited:
I haven't heard of her doing anything like this before, but I'm very dissapointed that she feels like she has this apparently immature attitude of entitlement. She seemed like a nice lady, but this was totally inappropriate, especially since you offered her a ticket.

I'm very sorry Garry, Hugh, and girlunafraid (I'm really sorry, I don't know your name!). You didn't deserve to have that happen to you.

It wouldn't matter if it was Johnny Marr in my seat, if I walked in and saw someone sitting in it, then they'd have to bloody move!

She did this at the Sheffield gig as well, until the seat holders turned up and made her move.

Guestlists at seated gigs are "Production Holds" and usually at the front of the circle. That is where she should sit, and stop ruining other peoples nights. It's not as if she has to wait long for the next gig is it?

I find her behaviour totally unacceptable. She doesn't deserve any special treatment from me.

The girl's not missed a gig since 1995 or so. Can you imagine how many timess he's had to sit/stand through "How Soon Is Now?" She deserves the entire front row to herself at the next gig for such horrendous torment.

The girl's not missed a gig since 1995 or so. Can you imagine how many timess he's had to sit/stand through "How Soon Is Now?" She deserves the entire front row to herself at the next gig for such horrendous torment.

if she had bought the entire front row, I would agree. But she didn't even buy ONE ticket.

Does she really need to be in the front row at every show? She's seen him hundreds of times, let someone who doesn't stake him have front row seats. Doesn't anyone else give her attention beside Moz. Get a dog, it's cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom