Going to see Morrissey for the first time, help

nickster

I've only recently discovered Morrissey in the last few months. Have been listening to lots of his music ever since. Wow!

I'm very lucky to have a ticket for one of the upcoming Las Vegas shows.

I would like to make a playlist of the most likely songs he will perform so that I can really get those deep down into my psyche and under my skin. That will really help me enjoy the concert more. I am sure he has a set of songs that he often performs live but I have not idea what they would be.

an anyone help me with song suggestions for my pre-las-vegas playlist? Thanks so much!

I've only recently discovered Morrissey in the last few months. Have been listening to lots of his music ever since. Wow!

I would like to make a playlist of the most likely songs he will perform so that I can really get those deep down into my psyche and under my skin. That will really help me enjoy the concert more. I am sure he has a set of songs that he often performs live but I have not idea what they would be.

an anyone help me with song suggestions for my pre-las-vegas playlist? Thanks so much!

You can find his last setlists here: https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=Morrissey

just listen to everything between now and the concert,every album is on youtube.you will love it,just take it all in and it will be a memory for life.

Expect a more varied set list than perhaps previously - probably more Smiths songs than usual and songs from 'Bonfire of Teenagers' being debuted. Are you coming to the UK tour?

Expect a more varied set list than perhaps previously - probably more Smiths songs than usual and songs from 'Bonfire of Teenagers' being debuted. Are you coming to the UK tour?
No, I am going to Caesars Palace for 2 nights running (July 1 & 2). Why do you think he will play more Smiths songs? (personally, and I know I am probably in a minority here, I prefer his solo work). Excited that there might be some new songs from the new album which never seems to be released!

It's unlikely to be much different (three or four other songs max) from the shows a few weeks ago so prob best to familiarise yourself with those.

No, I am going to Caesars Palace for 2 nights running (July 1 & 2). Why do you think he will play more Smiths songs? (personally, and I know I am probably in a minority here, I prefer his solo work). Excited that there might be some new songs from the new album which never seems to be released!
Hi, his solo stuff is more popular amongst new fans and I prefer it too. At his recent performances in America, he has played more Smiths songs and also, he is playing 5 nights at Caesars Palace so will probably shake it up a bit, particularly on the second show you are going to - the 1st July is the opening night, so the set list may be more mainstream.

I have confidence the new album will be released soon - he has released an official clip of the new single 'I am Veronica' (sounds great) and would not normally play new songs without the knowledge they will be released.

Best three albums for me are 'Vauxhall and I', 'You are the Quarry' and 'Ringleader of the Tormentors' (in that order) - make sure you listen to those in full and enjoy witnessing Moz for the first time!

i have always preferred his own stuff,

Only Morrissey (and then his band) knows what songs he will sing. He has said in interviews that for his setlists he simply chooses the songs that mean most to him at the time of each tour/gig. He knows that the audience might want to hear certain songs, but if Morrissey himself isn't feeling it then they won't be played.

He has been recording for 40 years now, with The Smiths and then solo, so there's a huge number of songs to choose from.

Probably the only sure fire bet is that he won't be singing anything from his 1991 "Kill Uncle" album. He has said on several occasions that he isn't very proud of it and thinks it's his weakest album, although he does sometimes perform "The Loop" which was a b side from that era.

Best thing to do is to give each of his solo albums a listen. Try one a day. They should all be on Youtube. You might like some songs more than others, but at least this way you'll be somewhat familiar with each song, so no matter what he sings when you see him you'll recognise it (with the exception of any songs he performs from his new album).

Enjoy the occasion. He's a very special artist.

If you are standing, and near the front,you may be compelled to get on a mate's shoulder and be thrown forward and with help from audience members get one knee planted on the stage then end up in the pit with the help of a staff member but proud that it was a good effort. Enjoy. You will be awestruck.

Would love to be in Vegas watching Morrissey. But,you have never been in love, until you've seen the dawn rise,behind the home for the blind.N'mind. We will always have t'North West. Listen out for a more pronounced, accent on certain words. Especially his R's.

Back
Top Bottom