Message to Morrissey Management

I am not against Julia always having to be front centre stage at every single gig, but I would mention that this should not be done at the expense of somebody else's seat.

I do not have the money to travel around the world and when the Edinburgh date was announced, I was determined to get the best seat possible. Despite trying on the internet presale, I was not able to get the seat I wanted, so I made the effort to be first in line at the Edinburgh Playhouse the next day. Success! I was allocated four front row central seats. I was so happy! Between me, Garry and Hugh, we managed to get 12 front row tickets which were allocated to the die-hard fans, and some from overseas and Aberdeen. We e-mailed Julia (knowing that she always has front row seats) and offered her a ticket, but was told that she didn't need it.

You can imagine my surprise when I turned up at the Playhouse and went to my seat to find Julia already sitting there in Garry's seat. When I said to her, "You were offered the chance to BUY this seat, why did you not do this?" she explained that she would move when Garry turned up. I went outdoors to have a cigarette and to tell Garry that somebody was sittingin his seat. When I returned, she had moved, but to Hugh's seat!

Could the Management not have bought Julia a ticket, this means I would not have gotten angry at her. The thing is, she was offered a front row ticket, but refused to buy it. She never did move out of our seats, but we simply had to squeeze together. Obviously, those who had a front row ticket were using it, but there was available seating in the Royal Box, which is not sold, but used for incidents like this when seats are double booked or whatever.

This whole episode left me with a nasty taste in the mouth. Perhaps this explains how Julia can "afford" to go to each and every gig.

Message to Julia

could I please have £35 for MY seat which you used.

Sounds like you gave an inch and she took a mile . . . however. . . i'm sorry, but regardless of who was sat in a seat i had paid for i would have forced them out of it or called security or the management of the venue to do so. you would have had me shifted if i was sat in your seat - why not her????

Sounds like you gave an inch and she took a mile . . . however. . . i'm sorry, but regardless of who was sat in a seat i had paid for i would have forced them out of it or called security or the management of the venue to do so. you would have had me shifted if i was sat in your seat - why not her????

sigh..this is Julia we're talking about. what she wants, she gets. My only consolation was that he did not hand the mic to her, don't think he even looked at her anyway. LOL!

maybe you should only charge her half the 35? You got to use the space too... and I bet it was still more space than I had in the front at Roundhouse... where some bastard was grinding me down the whole time... he actually shifted into my arse... at which point I realized it was no error and threatened to knock his teeth in - at which point security took over - with incredible speed and style I might add... what amazing security we had!

Oh, I've had a very similar experience with her. She completely blanked me, when I asked for her to "excuse me" in order to reach my seat along the row. Eventually she stood up, and let us past. Everyone else sat near me got the same treatment. Then we had the unpleasant scene of the person turning up for their own seat.

She would be the last person I would offer a ticket to.

I don't understand why you feel you need to defer to her. If she's sitting in your seat call the management and get her out of it! She's not royalty or anything, and even if she was, she should buy a ticket.

Oh, I've had a very similar experience with her. She completely blanked me, when I asked for her to "excuse me" in order to reach my seat along the row. Eventually she stood up, and let us past. Everyone else sat near me got the same treatment. Then we had the unpleasant scene of the person turning up for their own seat.

maybe she can't deal with stuff. maybe it is like tunnel vision. I hesitate to condemn somebody with a single pointed expression especially when it is one that revolves around that of another...

One has to be ambitious to be so bold... it seems that she is single pointed with her energy - that can be a great thing you know... a path to enlightenment even... but it can also be quite mad and delicate and intense... Nobody knows - we could not possibly know the deal. But whatever it is, I bet it is sensitive.

If you have a problem with her, I would say just avoid the public forum with her and don't start threads like this. If you want to address her or the situation I would write it out in private. I am not sure why I say this but I somehow feel to say it. Deal with it in private... don't feed the energy around her - let Morrissey deal with that I would say. I really wouldn't feed any energy in the public forum. Say what you have to say and do what you have to do - but somehow I have a feeling you should do so in private. just this feeling I get when I read it - it could be nothing... but I just thought to write it somehow.

yeah, the reason I offered her a ticket is that I didn't want her to be sat in my seat. Go figure! She really needs her own seat,especially at an all-seated venue.

omg, how flipping soft are you?
she would have been forcibly removed...
and none of this crap about her not having tickets, she would have been GIVEN a perfectly adequate royal box ticket, she just chooses to dominate and think that she has the right to be front and centre everytime,...without working for it.

:(

she would have been forcibly removed...

Well, she is a tiny little sucker. I'm little, but I think even I could throw her over my shoulder and toss her out. Or at least a few rows back! I understand the lady has paid her dues or whatever, but she should realize other people have to go through a lot of effort to get their seats/tickets/position in front of the stage. And not everyone gets to go to 8 million shows a year. I'd be really pissed too.

maybe she can't deal with stuff. maybe it is like tunnel vision. I hesitate to condemn somebody with a single pointed expression especially when it is one that revolves around that of another...

One has to be ambitious to be so bold... it seems that she is single pointed with her energy - that can be a great thing you know... a path to enlightenment even... but it can also be quite mad and delicate and intense... Nobody knows - we could not possibly know the deal. But whatever it is, I bet it is sensitive.

If you have a problem with her, I would say just avoid the public forum with her and don't start threads like this. If you want to address her or the situation I would write it out in private. I am not sure why I say this but I somehow feel to say it. Deal with it in private... don't feed the energy around her - let Morrissey deal with that I would say. I really wouldn't feed any energy in the public forum. Say what you have to say and do what you have to do - but somehow I have a feeling you should do so in private. just this feeling I get when I read it - it could be nothing... but I just thought to write it somehow.

Well I didn't start this thread, I am responding to it, just like you!

I refuse to force myself into empathy for anyone. I just treat people as I find them. I don't quite know what to make of you though?

I've stuck up for Julia in the past, because she's always been a nice person whenever I've met her, but this is totally out of order. Hugh told me just how much Garry had helped getting the money together, helping out other fans getting a front row seat, and then an interloper, who feels shes has a right, well, interlopes. It's not fair, and it's not on. Come on chaps, what are you going to do for Garry, Lynne & Hugh?

Peter

She does not want to pay one ticket for Morrissey? And she is a fan?:rolleyes:

Well I didn't start this thread, I am responding to it, just like you!

I refuse to force myself into empathy for anyone. I just treat people as I find them. I don't quite know what to make of you though?

I understand. I don't know quite what to make of me either. I suppose I should just be quiet as I don't understand it myself :confused: Grim sounds and seems like a very sweet and flexible guy and the situation came to him. And I agree with your attitude about treating people as you find them and I think perhaps he should have dealt with it then and there, but I can understand that he didn't. I think the best way would be to write to the management privately. Maybe because when I see threads regarding Julia there seems to be a lot of energy around it and I don't think she deserves a lot of the negativity and positivity from people who don't know her. If I stole his seat there would be no thread about it... and for some reason I feel a strange energy around the whole Julia thing that makes me feel to avoid putting pressure or energy on the situation... not to feed it and just let it run its course. I think perhaps I might find it a little bit too strange that somebody attends so very many shows for so long and it makes me feel hesitant to put energy in that direction... some things and people should just be left alone - of course Grim didn't ask for it and I sympathize... but then perhaps better to deal with it privately, just because I sense a shakiness and intensity and strangeness that might prevent one from simply enjoying the shows if you give it much energy. thats all.

I am not against Julia always having to be front centre stage at every single gig, but I would mention that this should not be done at the expense of somebody else's seat.

I do not have the money to travel around the world and when the Edinburgh date was announced, I was determined to get the best seat possible. Despite trying on the internet presale, I was not able to get the seat I wanted, so I made the effort to be first in line at the Edinburgh Playhouse the next day. Success! I was allocated four front row central seats. I was so happy! Between me, Garry and Hugh, we managed to get 12 front row tickets which were allocated to the die-hard fans, and some from overseas and Aberdeen. We e-mailed Julia (knowing that she always has front row seats) and offered her a ticket, but was told that she didn't need it.

You can imagine my surprise when I turned up at the Playhouse and went to my seat to find Julia already sitting there in Garry's seat. When I said to her, "You were offered the chance to BUY this seat, why did you not do this?" she explained that she would move when Garry turned up. I went outdoors to have a cigarette and to tell Garry that somebody was sittingin his seat. When I returned, she had moved, but to Hugh's seat!

Could the Management not have bought Julia a ticket, this means I would not have gotten angry at her. The thing is, she was offered a front row ticket, but refused to buy it. She never did move out of our seats, but we simply had to squeeze together. Obviously, those who had a front row ticket were using it, but there was available seating in the Royal Box, which is not sold, but used for incidents like this when seats are double booked or whatever.

This whole episode left me with a nasty taste in the mouth. Perhaps this explains how Julia can "afford" to go to each and every gig.

Message to Julia

could I please have £35 for MY seat which you used.
Julia - who does she think she is! and why does Morrissey humour her so? Is she always alone? So many questions ..... some people think she is 'a lovely person' but how can she be? Selfish cow!

oh I am not enlightened. I think it is a compliment to those particular line crashers that I would get involved. I think they can take it... Julia however... she seems a different matter that I hesitate to even deal with. I think plenty of people can laugh and enjoy a good fight and a bit of Ramones... but I don't seem to feel that way about some others... I don't know why.

Julia however... she seems a different matter that I hesitate to even deal with. I think plenty of people can laugh and enjoy a good fight and a bit of Ramones... but I don't seem to feel that way about some others... I don't know why.
Well, the situation would have been simple if Julia had just bought the ticket. I think that's what a nice mature person would have done, especially when offered directly and knowing it was a seated venue. Am I wrong? :confused:

Julia - who does she think she is! and why does Morrissey humour her so? Is she always alone? So many questions ..... some people think she is 'a lovely person' but how can she be? Selfish cow!

She often has about 2 or 3 clinger-on's. In the incident I mentioned, they cleared off as soon as the seat holders came to claim their seats. But not her, she stayed.

DO NOT FEED THE NEGATIVE ENERGY

Last edited:
Well, the situation would have been simple if Julia had just bought the ticket. I think that's what a nice mature person would have done, especially when offered directly and knowing it was a seated venue. Am I wrong? :confused:

no I think you are right.

Okay I am just going to come out and say it in plain english... and it is not an insult really - esp because I have been mad and crazy and off balance at many times in my life... there and back again . . . and back once more... sometimes more than others... but I think at the moment she is a bit crazy. Nothing wrong with it... but I know it can be really sensitive. Maybe I am totally wrong and she is "lovely" or a "total bitch" but I think she is a bit crazy... and I find that to be a category that deserves a certain amount of delicate consideration of how to deal with the situation. Call me a sucker.

Back
Top Bottom