Couple of nice articles

Peter im constantly impressed by the stuff you post on here,how do you find time to find it?
I imagine you have an army of employees who delve the internet for you like Varucca salts Dad does in looking for the golden ticket in Charlie and the chocolate factory??
PS Do you own a peanut shelling factory btw?
Alan

Thank you, Uncleskinny.

I enjoy reading stuff of this nature. I think she described her experience listening to V&I better than most articles from "music critics" at that time.

You know, that sounds like something Jealous Of Youth would say.

I may disagree with what JOY has to say but I shall defend his right to say it.

It is better to know the old poster than not be sure of the new one.

Well, I have to tip my hat there, I've been SCOOPED!!!!

BTW, did you phone me earlier, I was out for a feed-up with the missus.

Peter

LOL Either that or we are as daft as each other. Google news, 'Morrissey', sort by date? In-between clicking 'Blogs'? It's either this or prison.

Yeah. A few things on my mind to ask you including, when are you're coming up to Scotland? Also, to give you a chance to talk me out of posting something outside my nature and better-self. I didn't let it ring long, as I had a 'feeling' you were eating. Perhaps that was because I called at Tea time.

Really liked the first one :)

Hooray :)

Wow, that first article was wonderful. I'm keeping that one. Vauxhall was magic and she expressed it beautifully. Have you ever read anything else by this Vanessa? I'm going to print this and give it to anyone who asks me, no questions me! :mad:, about Morrissey ;)

Thanks for always finding these morsels of info, Peter!

Hooray :)

Wow, that first article was wonderful. I'm keeping that one. Vauxhall was magic and she expressed it beautifully... I'm going to print this and give it to anyone who asks me, no questions me! :mad:, about Morrissey ;)

I agree - it's a wonderful article that makes perfect sense to me. I particularly like:

"Morrissey's words are more like a lullaby than the manifestation of a disturbed mind" :D :guitar:

So many people I know truly dislike Morrissey - only a small handful "get" him. I feel like handing out this article (which is so articulate in it's understanding) would be a bit like those Watchtower folks handing out their Bible pamphlets - it's the ravings of a true believer. Still, it's worth a try.

I think "Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning" is one of the most complex, seductive, tragic songs I've ever heard, but to so many people it's like "Morrissey's such a cold-hearted p***k." :rolleyes:

I really like the first article. Good to have found of this forum. I guess this excerpt from the article is very true:

"Listening to Morrissey is a lot like this: you don't realize the full extent of his genius until the last song dies and the album comes to a sudden halt."

Back
Top Bottom