Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

SwordsSuedeheadMeat.jpg

Suedehead - Promo
Meat Is Murder - Rough Trade
Swords - US single CD

Could someone please just remind me why I bought this, for £75 :)eek:)
attachment.php

I know that I really wanted it, but I just can't remember why...:confused:

Could someone please just remind me why I bought this, for £75 :)eek:)
attachment.php

I know that I really wanted it, but I just can't remember why...:confused:
Did you buy it from warren? He got one from eil for 75 gbp didn't he?

Yes,that's mine,Eil must have had another one in since,still a great price.
Sorry, couldn't find a decent pic on-line. Eil screwed up last time, as I had it on request but they didn't let me know they had that copy in. Said they'd get their team to look for another one for me. Didn't hold out much hope seeing as how that was the first they'd had in 4 years, but lo and behold, they were as good as their word ~ 6 weeks later and they found one. :thumb:

I'll buy it from you if you don't want it
Nice try Flavio! Nah, I do want it really. It's just £75 for one track, and not even an unreleased one, is bringing me out in a bit of a sweat!
But I can send you a very nice scan if you need it for VP. :)

I want to share October's madness with you...

I've focussed on collecting Smiths items for the last few years. I've got copies of most Morrissey releases but never gone to town in completing the collection. Given that there are so few Smiths items for me to collect, I decided to put together a Morrissey wanted list... and then started buying... and buying... and buying. Far more than is on the wanted list. And there are loads left on the list.

And then stuff started arriving... and arriving... and arriving. Until, by the end of the month I feel incredibly... Guilty? Greedy? Empty? Happy? Decadent? The thrill of opening the packaging is short lived, I'm live an addict looking for a new fix. Unsure that I want to be this kind of collector...

For the very first time, I've put it all together, listed it and photographed it... if only as a cautionary tale (to myself) to not do it again. It stick to the wanted list. To stick to a budget. Only bid on / buy things that I want, rather than every thing that catches my eye.

Morrissey

You have killed me - promo
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy – UK Promo with no artwork-
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy – UK Promo with standard artwork and white border
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy – 12”
Youngest was the most loved UK Promo with no artwork
Youngest was the most loved UK Promo with no artwork (yes, bought two, oops)
Let Me Kiss you – promo with purple text
Let Me Kiss you – promo with artwork and white border
I Have Forgiven You Jesus – promo
Boy Racer 7”
Boy Racer – Orange Promo
Boxers – Promo CD
Boxers 12”
Boxers 12” (yes, I bought two, but the first had damage)
Boxers 12” – Shop display / flat
Satan Rejected My Soul - 7"
Alma Matters – 7”
Alma Matters – US CD with Jewel case
Alma Matters – Mercury one track promo with jewel case
Alma Matters – Mercury one track promo in digi pack
Alma Matters – Island one track promo
Sunny 7”
Sunny 7” (no idea why I bought two!)
Sunny 12” – shop display / flat
You’re the one for me fatty – CD
Roy’s Keen – CD
Glamorous Glue – US promo for Your Arsenal
Rare Tracks with OBI​

The Smiths
This Charming Man – US Digi pack double set
William it was Really Nothing 7” – with sheet music
Queen is Dead under review - DVD
There is a Light… Publishing Promo – Double CD of Smiths and Morrissey -​

Plus, Royal Albert Hall & Leeds tickets, t-shirt and a key ring.

I've deleted the prices I paid for things - it's over £500, in one month, it's obscene, it's far too much... and it wont happen again.

Dave

Having said all that, there are things still on the Morrissey wanted list... so anyone has these for sale, let me know ;)
Note Wrong 3”
Our Frank Promo
Pregnant 7” & Promo
Certain People – 7” & 12”
Interlude 7”
Alma Matters 12”
Maladjusted Vinyl
Roy’s Keen 12”
Satan 12”
I have forgiven Jesus Promo (stock artwork or no one can hold a candle)
In the future Promo​

received the HMV/Parlophone Singles today:
2009-11-04150357.jpg

ebay from feelgoodinc

I've focussed on collecting Smiths items for the last few years. I've got copies of most Morrissey releases but never gone to town in completing the collection. Given that there are so few Smiths items for me to collect, I decided to put together a Morrissey wanted list... and then started buying... and buying... and buying. Far more than is on the wanted list. And there are loads left on the list.

And then stuff started arriving... and arriving... and arriving. Until, by the end of the month I feel incredibly... Guilty? Greedy? Empty? Happy? Decadent? The thrill of opening the packaging is short lived, I'm live an addict looking for a new fix. Unsure that I want to be this kind of collector...

I know the feeling. I am taking this month off. The past two months was a rip in the bank. I got to the point where I would bid, win, buy and buy and buy and then tell my wife (not a good idea I mind you). I got out of control.The feeling of checking for the package in the mail everyday, what a rush.:clap: But I still today find myself stalking the sites, ebay, ebay uk, eil, vinyl exchange etc... everyday looking for "that one" the find and deal of the century. It would be like coming across some no name online record shop and finding the pregnant puzzle, southpaw listening bag, interlude 3" or the negative Hand in Glove for $20.00. I think I need treatment. Anyway sorry to rant on. I know how you feel.
Take care
Roky

just received another one of these in the mail. still sealed as well! :eek:

img0518y.jpg

That is really nice! Besides the other one you posted a picture of ages ago I've never seen a still sealed one, that sticker is almost as nice as an obi.

For the very first time, I've put it all together, listed it and photographed it... if only as a cautionary tale (to myself) to not do it again. It stick to the wanted list. To stick to a budget. Only bid on / buy things that I want, rather than every thing that catches my eye.

Morrissey

You have killed me - promo
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy – UK Promo with no artwork-
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy – UK Promo with standard artwork and white border
I Just Want To See The Boy Happy – 12”
Youngest was the most loved UK Promo with no artwork
Youngest was the most loved UK Promo with no artwork (yes, bought two, oops)
Let Me Kiss you – promo with purple text
Let Me Kiss you – promo with artwork and white border
I Have Forgiven You Jesus – promo
Boy Racer 7”
Boy Racer – Orange Promo
Boxers – Promo CD
Boxers 12”
Boxers 12” (yes, I bought two, but the first had damage)
Boxers 12” – Shop display / flat
Satan Rejected My Soul - 7"
Alma Matters – 7”
Alma Matters – US CD with Jewel case
Alma Matters – Mercury one track promo with jewel case
Alma Matters – Mercury one track promo in digi pack
Alma Matters – Island one track promo
Sunny 7”
Sunny 7” (no idea why I bought two!)
Sunny 12” – shop display / flat
You’re the one for me fatty – CD
Roy’s Keen – CD
Glamorous Glue – US promo for Your Arsenal
Rare Tracks with OBI​

The Smiths
This Charming Man – US Digi pack double set
William it was Really Nothing 7” – with sheet music
Queen is Dead under review - DVD
There is a Light… Publishing Promo – Double CD of Smiths and Morrissey -​

Plus, Royal Albert Hall & Leeds tickets, t-shirt and a key ring.

I've deleted the prices I paid for things - it's over £500, in one month, it's obscene, it's far too much... and it wont happen again.

Dave

Having said all that, there are things still on the Morrissey wanted list... so anyone has these for sale, let me know ;)
Note Wrong 3”
Our Frank Promo
Pregnant 7” & Promo
Certain People – 7” & 12”
Interlude 7”
Alma Matters 12”
Maladjusted Vinyl
Roy’s Keen 12”
Satan 12”
I have forgiven Jesus Promo (stock artwork or no one can hold a candle)
In the future Promo​

Did you get any good deals though? If I was to publish a monthly list like this of mine I'm sure my sanity would be questioned :)

I know the feeling. I am taking this month off. The past two months was a rip in the bank. I got to the point where I would bid, win, buy and buy and buy and then tell my wife (not a good idea I mind you). I got out of control.The feeling of checking for the package in the mail everyday, what a rush.:clap: But I still today find myself stalking the sites, ebay, ebay uk, eil, vinyl exchange etc... everyday looking for "that one" the find and deal of the century. It would be like coming across some no name online record shop and finding the pregnant puzzle, southpaw listening bag, interlude 3" or the negative Hand in Glove for $20.00. I think I need treatment. Anyway sorry to rant on. I know how you feel.
Take care
Roky

I remember while I was in London going to those lovely second hand cd shops nearly every day hoping to find the latest promo and so on, it was a beautiful feeling entering those shops and immediately going to the beloved music sections. Wow...
Cheers Moz

just received another one of these in the mail. still sealed as well! :eek:

img0518y.jpg

Unfortunately my sealed one arrived with a cracked jewel case.

PS Mikael, I'm sorry to report I finally dug out my box of cassettes and had only one "7/28/92". Must have traded it to someone and I can't remember who or when. Senility at 35.

Did you get any good deals though? If I was to publish a monthly list like this of mine I'm sure my sanity would be questioned :)

The Boxers and Sunny promo flats were only £1.99 each - so they were a bargain. And the There's a Light publishing promo was $79 - I've seen it go for $150 - so that was a good buy.

Everything else was about the going rate. Although there were a few things where my highest bid was a lot higher than the winning price - which is always a bonus!

Thanks for helping me out with some of the non ebay stuff. You now know what's on my shorter wanted list - so keep up the good work :)

Dave

PS Mikael, I'm sorry to report I finally dug out my box of cassettes and had only one "7/28/92". Must have traded it to someone and I can't remember who or when. Senility at 35.

Oh rats! Well, having reached the tender age of 35 myself senility is beginning to set in.

Info on PJLM:
For the 1998 Christmas season EMI France released a budget triple cd-set by packaging together the albums "Viva Hate", "Bona Drag" and "Vauxhall & I". France EMI, 3-CD: 496679-2.

Listed on eBay with all the mistakes you can make with Morrissey's name.

Take care, Marcel

Marcel you lucky devil! Oh how I would want that, you don't have a spare do you?:)

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom