What did make you smile today?

My friend just cat-called Jesse who was walking across the street alone from the venue and he smiled big and mouthed "Thank you." That's totally not like her but I'm glad it turned out well. :sweet:

10325674_10152192140871997_9134478305679432116_n.jpg

Bless the people who gave these dogs a second chance.

Hypnotic and the ending is the best part.

Last edited by a moderator:
10169241_10152813068559746_5779672649963368268_n.jpg

I just bought a kitchen sponge at Target that says "World Peace and No Grease." :p I'm soooo going to clean up with that.

As per my earlier posts, I have a flat! :D Haven't signed the contract yet but the landlady has reserved it for me because there's really high demand for all of the studios in the block. It's just been refurbished and they're about to start furnishing it, so because it's one room I'm given choice of what furniture/storage options I want for no extra cost. Feel pretty damn lucky and happy. :) Will have to downsize though because I have way too much stuff in my current house to move into a studio flat haha.

As per my earlier posts, I have a flat! :D Haven't signed the contract yet but the landlady has reserved it for me because there's really high demand for all of the studios in the block. It's just been refurbished and they're about to start furnishing it, so because it's one room I'm given choice of what furniture/storage options I want for no extra cost. Feel pretty damn lucky and happy. :) Will have to downsize though because I have way too much stuff in my current house to move into a studio flat haha.

Wow, congratulations Girl-with-the-Thorn. I hope everything runs smoothly for you :)

Yay! If I were you I'd go give them a deposit to hold it for you. Verbal promises mean zilch in the apartment industry.

Yay! If I were you I'd go give them a deposit to hold it for you. Verbal promises mean zilch in the apartment industry.

Absolutely the wrong thing to do.
They just get deposits off lots of people and you see neither flat nor money again.
At least if it's just their word you lose nothing when they lying.
Only give money over when you get given the keys and your stood in the place.
This sort of thing happens all the time here in Oxford.
It's because demand is high with the student population.
Never,never,ever hand money over without keys and access.
That's my policy about most things.
Never yet been ripped off in 57 years.

They just get deposits off lots of people and you see neither flat nor money again.

Ohhh, that's massively illegal in the US, in California anyway.

I've always given over the deposit/any other fees on the day of signing the contract, but only once it's signed- that way, their part of the contract is in writing before I pay anything.

10251927_954796711216449_5725240156564380837_n.jpg

I've always given over the deposit/any other fees on the day of signing the contract, but only once it's signed- that way, their part of the contract is in writing before I pay anything.

Do you know what?
I suspected that be the case,you being English and
A street wise sort of person:thumb:
But I posted anyway.
Yes CG your quite right it's against the law here too.
Do you really think that stops some people/company's doing it.
Once your money's gone it's a hard time getting it back.
Even when courts orders are won they still don't pay up.
Good luck "girl with" keep us all up dated.

I don't know if you guys have a small claims court in the UK, but here you can take anyone to court for a debt owed under $2500 and have a judgement placed against them. This curtails things like what you describe happening as landlords like to avoid court at all costs since tenants have more rights than landlords. Here anyway.

Here's some "Dawwwwwwww" for the afternoon. Later that day he probably stunned someone to death. :D I'm KIDDING! I f***ing love you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you know what?
I suspected that be the case,you being English and
A street wise sort of person:thumb:
But I posted anyway.
Yes CG your quite right it's against the law here too.
Do you really think that stops some people/company's doing it.
Once your money's gone it's a hard time getting it back.
Even when courts orders are won they still don't pay up.
Good luck "girl with" keep us all up dated.

Cheers, will do. :thumb: Just eager to get the contract bit sorted now so everything's set in stone!

Tags
attention seeking ep bestest. bloody nuisance dmb ginger balls happiness is for the weak happyhappyjoyjoy i love ep i'm so happy!!11!!!1! ignore button love :) schadenfreude
Back
Top Bottom