the official "Morrissey post-tour" depression thread

So here it is. The end of another tour. I know many of you are sad, so vent here. Vent all of your sadness, frustration, tears, anger, happiness, joy, exhuberance, elation, exhaustion, illnesses, cuts and bruises, pieces of shirts in Ziploc bags, etc. A sort of suicide hotline if you will, without all of the suicide;). I, for one, am not too bummed this time, because for the first time in my life, I have too many more important things to look forward to. I do know how much of a bummer it can be though, because I have been to many, many shows over the years, and many times, made it a point to go to the last ones. The feeling afterward can be quite intense, especially if you travelled to, or attented many gigs. And I have met quite a few cool people that I have as friends for life because of it. One, definitely for life. It seems that this time, out of the last 7 or so tours I went to, there were far more people that travelled around, or went to multiple shows than I ever remembered seeing before. It was kind of strange seeing so many new faces, but very cool to see that Moz still brings about so many excited newer fans. So, share all of your shit, cause you know you want to....

hey dude. K and i were just talking about this yesterday. but this time i also agree...lots to look forward to in life. (and if the rumors are true i have a feeling i'll be seeing you again sometime this fall).

hope your flight home was painless and hangover free. hello to M for me.

If worse comes to worse, we can all find a Cow or a sheep to worship....

We can all go to the Royal Museum Of Scotland to pay our respects and homage to Dolly!

180px-Dollyscotland.JPG

So here it is. The end of another tour. I know many of you are sad, so vent here. Vent all of your sadness, frustration, tears, anger, happiness, joy, exhuberance, elation, exhaustion, illnesses, cuts and bruises, pieces of shirts in Ziploc bags, etc. A sort of suicide hotline if you will, without all of the suicide;). I, for one, am not too bummed this time, because for the first time in my life, I have too many more important things to look forward to. I do know how much of a bummer it can be though, because I have been to many, many shows over the years, and many times, made it a point to go to the last ones. The feeling afterward can be quite intense, especially if you travelled to, or attented many gigs. And I have met quite a few cool people that I have as friends for life because of it. One, definitely for life. It seems that this time, out of the last 7 or so tours I went to, there were far more people that travelled around, or went to multiple shows than I ever remembered seeing before. It was kind of strange seeing so many new faces, but very cool to see that Moz still brings about so many excited newer fans. So, share all of your shit, cause you know you want to....

Well we all know I'm pissed due to canceling and NON rescheduling of the MSG show. :D

Anyway.....

good thread. I can't believe it was just a little over a month ago that I saw Morrissey @ ventura, riverside, and vegas. I certainly was feeling the post-tour depression for about 2 weeks, I didn't want to get used to the fact that the next time I would see him would be god knows when, i had had the most excitement that ive had in atleast a year, it was a very good thing to have to look forward to...actually, i'm still kind of moping around everyday and bothering my family with my 'i miss morrissey' comments :o it feels very personal, even. alas, he cannot tour forever. whatever he plans to do next, it's bound to lead to another adventure - even if that means being alone in my room dancing/laughing/crying to a new album.

haha, You just described meeeee!!! :D I told my best friend this morning, that I missed Morrissey! and she smiled and me, with the kinda smile that syas, "Man your kinda crazy, but I kinda kow how you feel..." :D And that I miss seeing him, and that I wish he would come back over here!! I have been thinking this since June. And, well to say the least, I hate this feeling....but what's to be done?? I wish I could fly to the UK if Moz tours over there.... but dangit I'm too young to go alone and I know no one would go with me, because well, they don't have the money, and well it's not like I completely do, but I'd scrape for it somehow!!!!

But hopefully the time will fly by and he'll be back in no time at all.....:)

haha, You just described meeeee!!! :D I told my best friend this morning, that I missed Morrissey! and she smiled and me, with the kinda smile that syas, "Man your kinda crazy, but I kinda kow how you feel..." :D And that I miss seeing him, and that I wish he would come back over here!! I have been thinking this since June. And, well to say the least, I hate this feeling....but what's to be done?? I wish I could fly to the UK if Moz tours over there.... but dangit I'm too young to go alone and I know no one would go with me, because well, they don't have the money, and well it's not like I completely do, but I'd scrape for it somehow!!!!

But hopefully the time will fly by and he'll be back in no time at all.....:)

You'll be 18 when he comes back here....that gives you something else to look forward to...

You'll be 18 when he comes back here....that gives you something else to look forward to...

True, true, true!!! Okay see, I'm gettin all excited for next year! Who knows what Moz u'll throiw our way...you never know with Omz! He can be full of surprises! :D Thanks for the reminder.....;) Sept 2008 here I come!!

I miss not knowing where he is... kind of how you would keep tabs on your friends, if a friend was on a trip you would keep them in mind.

"Where in the world is Morrissey?"

I miss not knowing where he is... kind of how you would keep tabs on your friends, if a friend was on a trip you would keep them in mind.

"Where in the world is Morrissey?"

That's the other thing I have been thinking about throughout this whole tour. It was a comfort and made me feel happy to know, "Okay, Moz is over here or over there today...." And then too knowing that he is either near you or just on the same continent as you, well such a little thing, but the difference it makes.......and now, with the tour over, makes me kinda sad not knowing whereabouts he is really. He could be anywhere in the US, or in Europe....tooo far away!! :( *waa* :)

I'm glad I got to see him on Day 3 of Pasadena in February...but originally I was planning on invading the 2 Mass. shows (whether my friend there liked it or not), then my school schedule made that impossible. Then I attempted to go to Knoxville but my son got sick that day. THEN I attempted to go to Myrtle Beach (even bought the tickets ahead of time) and my daughter ended up in the hospital.

I have post-tour depression because I didn't get to go!

True, true, true!!! Okay see, I'm gettin all excited for next year! Who knows what Moz u'll throiw our way...you never know with Omz! He can be full of surprises! :D Thanks for the reminder.....;) Sept 2008 here I come!!

Interesting Drug, Will Never Marry, The Loop, Let The Right One Slip in, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish, Ask, That Joke Isn' Funny Anymore, and I Know It's Over will be on the setlist....

Interesting Drug, Will Never Marry, The Loop, Let The Right One Slip in, I Started Something I Couldn't Finish, Ask, That Joke Isn' Funny Anymore, and I Know It's Over will be on the setlist....

you really think so huh?? Ohhh if only.....:D

He seemed weary of the Smiths songs... perhaps that was why he did them and called the tour "Greatest Hits." It was his way of saying, "Fine, I'll sing them again. Now will you shut up and listen to the other 4/5 of my body of work?"

He seemed weary of the Smiths songs... perhaps that was why he did them and called the tour "Greatest Hits." It was his way of saying, "Fine, I'll sing them again. Now will you shut up and listen to the other 4/5 of my body of work?"

ive always said he should have two day venues everywhere he goes, one day all 18 smiths hits, the other day all Moz hits. it wold be awwwesome!

Ignoring 1994-1997 really was lame...Whatever Happens I Love You is a nice song but doesn't really speak volumes as to represent that era....

He played Trouble Loves Me and Reader Meets Author in The Uk...

Would Have been cool for an encore of

The Boy Racer
Billy Budd
Satan Rejected My Soul
Speedway

i'm really down.

hope he'll tour again, soon :(

Back
Top Bottom