the official "Morrissey post-tour" depression thread

So here it is. The end of another tour. I know many of you are sad, so vent here. Vent all of your sadness, frustration, tears, anger, happiness, joy, exhuberance, elation, exhaustion, illnesses, cuts and bruises, pieces of shirts in Ziploc bags, etc. A sort of suicide hotline if you will, without all of the suicide;). I, for one, am not too bummed this time, because for the first time in my life, I have too many more important things to look forward to. I do know how much of a bummer it can be though, because I have been to many, many shows over the years, and many times, made it a point to go to the last ones. The feeling afterward can be quite intense, especially if you travelled to, or attented many gigs. And I have met quite a few cool people that I have as friends for life because of it. One, definitely for life. It seems that this time, out of the last 7 or so tours I went to, there were far more people that travelled around, or went to multiple shows than I ever remembered seeing before. It was kind of strange seeing so many new faces, but very cool to see that Moz still brings about so many excited newer fans. So, share all of your shit, cause you know you want to....

yay good thread!

I'm not quite as depressed as I thought I would be. but maybe thats cuz I haven't quite come down from my post-show high. it might hit me next week! I really can't justify being depressed quite yet since Tuesday night was one of the best nights of my life, and best show I've ever seen by far.

plus, if these rumors of a UK tour end up being true, i would SERIOUSLY consider making the trip. so...i sorta have that to look forward to, if it does happen. *crosses fingers* :)

Oh cuts and bruises I have.
Well they are scars now. Two little ones on my right arm from being clawed by someone who wanted my spot at the very front of the stage. At the time I was very disheartened, because most of the people that were at the show I went to were mean and violent. But I now see these scars as something to always remember my Moz concert experience.

I must say, because of said violence and the overall crowd, I was a little disappointed afterward. It wasnt what I had expected it to be, but it was Spokane, and I realize that every night cant be magic.

I hope to see him again, and am glad in the end that I went, seeing him sing The Queen is Dead was worth any bodily harm I was dealt.

Other than "Jabba the Hut"(or should i say "Pizza da HUT"), and her friend "the Ewok", (those 2 annoying f***s from the Vegas show), and the shitty security @ the Palms(minus the head Security dude who is good people), and the venue itself, which is a pile of useless dogshit, I had a f***ing ball on this tour. Went to a total of 3 shows, and his PIMPship ruled all 3 times. People bahaved themselves, and there were no shows ended abruptly.

All in all, great f***ing tour. Mucho Kudo's go out to his PIMPship for playing the new jams throughout.

Also, mucho kudo's go out to all the hot wimmens I saw wearing thongs, who wanted to meet the PIMP of the nation(Esp.Tamara from Minnesota). Thank you for a great tour ladies.

Oh yeah, to that fat f*** @ the show in Detroit, f*** OFF SLOB!! You're lucky you didnt get a beating that night. His Majesty is far more important than someone like you, who cant see their feet.

Last edited:
Other than "Jabba the Hut"(or should i say "Pizza da HUT"), and her friend "the Ewok", (those 2 annoying f***s from the Vegas show), and the shitty security @ the Palms(minus the head Security dude who is good people), and the venue itself, which is a pile of useless dogshit, I had a f***ing ball on this tour. Went to a total of 3 shows, and his PIMPship ruled all 3 times. People bahaved themselves, and there were no shows ended abruptly.

All in all, great f***ing tour. Mucho Kudo's go out to his PIMPship for playing the new jams throughout.

Also, mucho kudo's go out to all the hot wimmens I saw wearing thongs, who wanted to meet the PIMP of the nation(Esp.Tamara from Minnesota). Thank you for a great tour ladies.

Oh yeah, to that fat f*** @ the show in Detroit, f*** OFF SLOB!! You're lucky you didnt get a beating that night. His Majesty is far more important than someone like you, who cant see their feet.

You just alienated every fat person who peeks at this thread. Good going!
How is it that people like you are even Morrissey fans? Can you explain what it is that you see in him? I think you're missing the point of his music. "Hot wimmins"??? Oh, surely you're putting on. Please say you are.

Last edited:
You just alienated every fat person who peeks at this thread. Good going!
How is it that people like you are even Morrissey fans? Can you explain what it is that you see in him? I think you're missing the point of his music. "Hot wimmins"??? Oh, surely you're putting on. Please say you are.

1st off sunshine: Settle down! I've done no such thing! The fatty I'm talking about knows who he is, and what he did. Unless it's you(which I doubt ms."you hurt my feelings"), then shut your sewer. If you're a large sized person? so be it. But, don't talk shit(as many do), and not expect some type of response. If I've "offended you"?(which apparently I have), then so be it. Maybe try to change your eating habits? maybe stop taking everything so personal and offensive? I will say, I dont like it when I see a large person try to "squeeze" into a medium or large shirt, when they're clearly too big to do so? Why "offend" me or others when you do this?

"How is it that people like you are even Morrissey fans?" Aren't you alienating people as well? "people like me"? what people?

I "see in him" many things, and I can almost bet it'd be different things than what you see in him?

What does me saying something about some dickwrinkle who did something douchey to someone else @ one of his shows have to do with me "missing the point of his music"? I'm not talking about his music,(which I love) I'm talking about thing's I've observed.

"Wimmens"(I know it's spelled incorrectly genius), was a joke by me, and you weren't supposed to get it. I wasn't "putting you on", as there were SEVERAL hot women I met on this tour. You obviously are/were not one of them.

The poor girl DID look like Jabba the Hut and/or Grimmace(sorta smallish top half/sorta large midsection-almost looks like a pear), why lie? her friend was almost as tiny as an "Ewok", and kinda/sorta looked like one, so I think I nailed it.

Look, if you want to eat yourself into oblivion, then more power to you I say, just dont bug me about it. How many hamburgers you can down is of no consequence here, I was simplay talking about 2 extremely annoying f***tards who made it almost unbearable for folks in Vegas to enjoy his majesty's music. Maybe you haven't seen your feet as well? I dont know.

So, Unless you were there,(which I take by the tone of your post,you weren't), and know what happened, & are a "Large Marge", then I suggest you shut your piehole. Whoops! I've surely "offended you" now huh? (Rollseyes)

Last edited:
1st off sunshine: Settle down! I've done no such thing! The fatty I'm talking about knows who he is, and what he did. Unless it's you(which I doubt ms."you hurt my feelings"), then shut your sewer. If you're a large sized person? so be it. But, don't talk shit(as many do), and not expect some type of response. If I've "offended you"?(which apparently I have), then so be it. Maybe try to change your eating habits? maybe stop taking everything so personal and offensive? I will say, I dont like it when I see a large person try to "squeeze" into a medium or large shirt, when they're clearly too big to do so? Why "offend" me or others when you do this?

"How is it that people like you are even Morrissey fans?" Aren't you alienating people as well? "people like me"? what people?

I "see in him" many things, and I can almost bet it'd be different things than what you see in him?

What does me saying something about some dickwrinkle who did something douchey to someone else @ one of his shows have to do with me "missing the point of his music"? I'm not talking about his music,(which I love) I'm talking about thing's I've observed.

"Wimmens"(I know it's spelled incorrectly genius), was a joke by me, and you weren't supposed to get it. I wasn't "putting you on", as there were SEVERAL hot women I met on this tour. You obviously are/were not one of them.

The poor girl DID look like Jabba the Hut and/or Grimmace(sorta smallish top half/sorta large midsection-almost looks like a pear), why lie? her friend was almost as tiny as an "Ewok", and kinda/sorta looked like one, so I think I nailed it.

Look, if you want to eat yourself into oblivion, then more power to you I say, just dont bug me about it. How many hamburgers you can down is of no consequence here, I was simplay talking about 2 extremely annoying f***tards who made it almost unbearable for folks in Vegas to enjoy his majesty's music. Maybe you haven't seen your feet as well? I dont know.

So, Unless you were there,(which I take by the tone of your post,you weren't), and know what happened, then I suggest you shut your piehole. Whoops! I've surely "offended you" now huh? Rollseyes)

Wihtout wishing to fan the flames... Great post. "Maybe try to change your eating habits?" HA HA HA.

All over Battersea....

Anyway.....

good thread. I can't believe it was just a little over a month ago that I saw Morrissey @ ventura, riverside, and vegas. I certainly was feeling the post-tour depression for about 2 weeks, I didn't want to get used to the fact that the next time I would see him would be god knows when, i had had the most excitement that ive had in atleast a year, it was a very good thing to have to look forward to...actually, i'm still kind of moping around everyday and bothering my family with my 'i miss morrissey' comments :o it feels very personal, even. alas, he cannot tour forever. whatever he plans to do next, it's bound to lead to another adventure - even if that means being alone in my room dancing/laughing/crying to a new album.

Anyway.....

good thread. I can't believe it was just a little over a month ago that I saw Morrissey @ ventura, riverside, and vegas. I certainly was feeling the post-tour depression for about 2 weeks, I didn't want to get used to the fact that the next time I would see him would be god knows when, i had had the most excitement that ive had in atleast a year, it was a very good thing to have to look forward to...actually, i'm still kind of moping around everyday and bothering my family with my 'i miss morrissey' comments :o it feels very personal, even. alas, he cannot tour forever. whatever he plans to do next, it's bound to lead to another adventure - even if that means being alone in my room dancing/laughing/crying to a new album.
I was/am too. I wish he were still on tour in the US, but we can't always have what we want? I'm hoping another wonderful album's in our future, and a tour to follow.

I was/am too. I wish he were still on tour in the US, but we can't always have what we want? I'm hoping another wonderful album's in our future, and a tour to follow.

I reckon 2008/2009....but may be not a tour as big as this one.

Sharron Needles, that is one heck of an avatar.

At the last show in AC, we were already making plans to fly off to wherever he is going to be appearing next. This is despite the fact that several of our shows were cancelled this tour. We are happy junkies, always looking forward to the next fix. I fear he may be winding things up, though, and this does make me a bit anxious.

However sad we may be feeling, I think Kristeen Young is feeling worse. She looked like she was going to break down and cry at AC. I mean, I thought she wouldn't make it through her set. I don't know much about her (and I'm not curious) but that woman is so obviously smitten with Morrissey, and had access to him for so long (and in such an intense way) that I can only imagine how terrible her withdrawal is going to be.

As for me, I'm OK - for now anyway. ;)

yay good thread!

I'm not quite as depressed as I thought I would be. but maybe thats cuz I haven't quite come down from my post-show high. it might hit me next week! I really can't justify being depressed quite yet since Tuesday night was one of the best nights of my life, and best show I've ever seen by far.

plus, if these rumors of a UK tour end up being true, i would SERIOUSLY consider making the trip. so...i sorta have that to look forward to, if it does happen. *crosses fingers* :)

im still frickin high as well! Its never going to end, and thank god for who put the M in manchester...

i hope he does London in october im thinking of changing my plans form FL to england

At the last show in AC, we were already making plans to fly off to wherever he is going to be appearing next. This is despite the fact that several of our shows were cancelled this tour. We are happy junkies, always looking forward to the next fix. I fear he may be winding things up, though, and this does make me a bit anxious.

However sad we may be feeling, I think Kristeen Young is feeling worse. She looked like she was going to break down and cry at AC. I mean, I thought she wouldn't make it through her set. I don't know much about her (and I'm not curious) but that woman is so obviously smitten with Morrissey, and had access to him for so long (and in such an intense way) that I can only imagine how terrible her withdrawal is going to be.

LOL, good post. Though I must say< I couldn't care less about Kristeen Young. The less we see of her, the better.

winding things up? with this tour you mean? and i dont think KY will be suffering withdrawals, the man obviously likes her too so she'll most likely be seeing him again after touring, atleast for recording That's How People Grow Up, and who knows, maybe he'll add her in on some other songs too...

LOL, good post. Though I must say< I couldn't care less about Kristeen Young. The less we see of her, the better.

i dont like your rant from before but i can certainly agree with you on Kristeen. and she just had a tour w/MORRISSEY i dont feel bad for her one blinking bit!

After the AC show, I've never felt more happier to be alive.

If those three new song are any indication of what the next album will sound like, I think we may be in for a great back-to-basics Morrissey pop album.

im still frickin high as well! Its never going to end, and thank god for who put the M in manchester...

i hope he does London in october im thinking of changing my plans form FL to england

You & Nugz in london.....heaven help us:p

oh snap! panic on the streets for sure! ;)

you're comin out with us explory!...first rounds on me! :D
if i can go, i will go.....and have a soda with you:)

I dont even want to imagine it, I want it to be a surprise!!

polecats august 4th london btw
too bad i cant go ive got a wedding. oh yeah and I dont have $2000

have the wedding outside the venue when Morrissey is playing!

Back
Top Bottom