The Official NME Story Coverage Thread

Kewpie

Subscriber
Last edited:
Smart move - thanks

When I write a short calm response to Love Music Hate Racism, the server has an internal error and my request can't be processed. But when I click on merchandise it's working fine.

Did Rock Against Racism evolve into this or is it a new thing?

well done, 1 thread where the NME backstab story get mentioned in
the media in general

personally I enjoyed the news that Morrissey signed a new deal more
than again being fooled by the eNeMEy
cuase whose fooling who?

Howdy folks/ettes. May I just upload this new diary entry I wrote this morning.... it gets my views accross about the NME article. I had to vent it somewhere!!
Thanks!

(taken from www.kiria.co.uk - please feel free to comment - I'd love some feedback - good or bad!)

Enemy of the N.M.E. - Thursday morning's soapbox....

N.M.E. Love or hate? What's it to be people? The magazine that was once THE magazine. Anybody still an avid fan? Remember practising to be a teenager and rushing to the shop before school trying to get the damn thing a day early so you could find out what was going on? Maybe not - I was a total music nut from an early age....

Well bugger me sideways (ahem), the "NEW" - I think I'll dub it "OLD" music express has well and truly seen it's days. I've kinda thought that for a long while now but today's offering has convinced me that it seriously needs a re-vamp before I waste £2.10 on that pile of biased old rubbish again....

Why? Because the magazine is trying so desperately hard to retain some kind of musical identity stamp that it only writes about bollocksy old disposable "cool" music that is mostly flash in the pan gone in sixty seconds shoe gazing un-inventive unimaginative and most importantly un enjoyable crap that THEY have decided to bestowe upon you as "cooooool" because it's "different".

And by "cool" I'm talking let me see - dodgy side partings, crud trainers, shoe gazers, crap lyrics, tank tops, nothing sounding miserable samey old duff-cack that goes in one ear and out the other.

The only reason I bought it today was because I knew Morrissey was on the cover - whose comments were taken all out of context YET again - in yet another dire attempt at making one of the few interesting characters still in the game to look a prick for speaking his mind. (It's not allowed you know - everything in the NME has to be regimented like everything else that sucks) by some whiny ed going "These are sensitive times and Morrissey's comments simply cut directly across the 'spirit of unity' we are trying to promote". I mean P*** OFF! Please spare me! Morrissey's comments about England having lost it's identity were a personal statement about how he feels about the country he hails from today - NOT at all to my mind a racist nod to the BN bloody P. What an insult! The NME itself has lost it's identity and dwindled into an unworthy, small minded music magazine that is best left for dead.
???????? F***ing hell man. And exactly WHAT spirit of unity? The "spirit of unity" we feel living in this messed up modern day life? The spirit of unity we feel when we all go and watch Amy Winehouse torture herself on stage when she is obviously not up to it and needs help for the sake of a few more record sales or column inches? Well I certainly wasn't feeling any "spirit of unity" after flicking through the pages of an up it's own arse narrow minded advert stacked musically biased waste of precious tree........

Erm, dear ed, I am promoting a new single....can I have a cover please? Sod it. And yeah, I have been pre-warned about shooting my mouth off at those supposedly in a position to offer me "help" - but so what. I don't care "a" less. (another Kiria mistake apparently). If you don't say what you think then it festers, so get it out folks, that's what I say. Better out than in. Always speak your mind! Back in a bit. Bigmouth Strikes Again eh, ;-) - time to dig that wonderful old record out methinks....and, Moz, carry on being you because the world would be mighty dull without ya.

Non Musical Entity.

well,i have just got a copy of the "rag"(NME),and i am so pissed off with the obvious backstabbing to MOZZER! i am english,although my mother's parents were INDIAN,and my father's IRISH,so i have some foriegn blood in my veins,BUT i am a big fan of MORRISSEY,and have been since the first SMITHS album.AND I always will admire whatever he does,and says! if he didnt say what was written in the "rag" then they need to apologise publicly as soon as possible! he may have said something about immigration but was taken out of context,again,just like 1992 all over again.when MOZZER didnt justify the UNION JACK FLAG "incident" at FINSBURY PARK,LONDON. when the "rag" made him out to be racist! so by carrying or holding the flag of your country you are a "racist"!! that to me is pathetic! okay,MADNESS have always had a small minority of fans from the right wing,still do to this day.but i cant recall THE JAM being labelled "racist",for their use of the UNION JACK flag. i have a UNION JACK flag hanging on the wall in my house,does that make me a racist? NO, i am patriotic of the country i was born in and brought up to respect the values of my country. but the story hit a point to me to,as alot of british people feel that this country is losing its identity,but if you talk about it,you are considered "racist".no,we should be considered to be "realist"! back to the "rag" who have backstabbed our MOZZER. should NO apology be made to him from them,then it just shows that they performed a stunt to sell it,by setting out to try and destroy the most influencial person in modern music today! there,i have given my opinion on the subject.

Seems to me NME have got exactly what they wanted out of this:

Nationwide coverage.

This story is everywhere which can only mean more people pick up the rag to see what the fuss is all about.

Thankfully with only a couple of exceptions the reporting is generally favourable to Morrissey.

Sadly i dont think more people are going to go out to buy Morrissey albums.

My fear is that to the casual reader who may just glance at the stories -Morrissey = Racist will be the impression they are left with.

Back
Top Bottom