tell us about the last Film you saw

Re: tell us about the last Film you saw.

How awesome was that kid Ronnie?

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFzvYWroZ1w&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/fFzvYWroZ1w&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

hahaha, i know! i f***ing DIED when they all came out dressed as KISS and he was Gene Simmons. :lbf:

hahaha, i know! i f***ing DIED when they all came out dressed as KISS and he was Gene Simmons. :lbf:

:lbf: A f***in' riot.

Gayle: Watch your language, Ronnie.
Ronnie: My language is English and this motherf***er tried to grab my junk.

:laughing:

The Heartbreak Kid. Pretty funny.

theheartbreakkid_galleryposter.jpg

Last edited:

Mallrats

"The one time my cousin Walter..."

I just figured out why I hated "The Hangover"...

CLICK

t13166eei6p.jpg

I watched this for the first time last night. I'm on a Bette Davis kick.

Bette rules the roost, but a few scenes seemed overwrought or uneven. I would have loved to see Steve McQueen or Frank Sinatra as Dave the Dude, as Capra had originally wanted. It also features Ann-Margret's first role, though she didn't have much to work with. She sure is pretty, though.

I was most impressed with the supporting cast - especially Edward Everett Horton as the butler Hudgins, he was laugh-out-loud funny. Some of the dialogue between the mobsters was brilliant as well.

Overall, a great way to pass the evening :thumb:

Nice link Scarlet, I think The Hangover is easily this year's most over-hyped film. Not god-awful but just painfully average with a couple of chuckles here and there. I can think of few other occasions where such a mediocre film has received near universal good reviews. The well deserved backlash is imminent though.

'10 Rillington Place' starring Richard Attenborough and John Hurt, just been on BBC2.
Based on the killer John Christie from 1940's London.
Quite a harrowing film, glad i took the time to watch it mind.
He's featured in a display at Madame Tussauds which isn't that much of big thing these days.

'10 Rillington Place' starring Richard Attenborough and John Hurt, just been on BBC2.
Based on the killer John Christie from 1940's London.
Quite a harrowing film, glad i took the time to watch it mind.
He's featured in a display at Madame Tussauds which isn't that much of big thing these days.

I got up to when they were carrying Beryl's body downstairs but being an incurable wimp, I had to give up on that one.
I'd like to keep Richard Attenborough as a sweet old man too.

I watched Volver last night on Film4. It's not brilliant but very nice to look at, very charming and Penelope Cruz looks stunning. Actually, her face alone makes it worth watching.

I watched Volver last night on Film4. It's not brilliant but very nice to look at, very charming and Penelope Cruz looks stunning. Actually, her face alone makes it worth watching.

Totally agree with you, it's good but not THAT good. Penelope's lovely though, as always.

I watched Tropic Thunder the other night. There's two hours of my life I'll never get back. I think it was made for 19 year old boys to enjoy. Blech!

Broken Embraces (Los Abrazos Rotos) dir. Pedro Almodovar 2009

I just saw the latest Almodovar film this afternoon, another brilliant work!

I'm not a fan of Penelope Cruz, but her performance in this film is mezmarising.
It's fun to spot many film references / homages within the story (heroine was working Severine as a call girl etc).

I was gutted when I discovered the death of Fassbinder in 1982, just a year later I managed to watch 'Marriage of Maria Braun'.
However, last twenty years I'm forutunate enough to witness Almodovar's progress.

Last edited:

The last film I watched was a DVD of The Piano Teacher. Not bad, but it sort of seems like a cynical person was told to make the most European film ever. And did. Icewoman, crisis of conscience, classical music, sexual fetishes, uncomfortable silences, natural light, unsexy sex, masochistic power games. ALL CHECK.

"Party Monster"

Drugs and make up!

Tags
film movies
Back
Top Bottom