Shaking Moz's hand....

Yeay! We have a similar story. I agree, don't give up hope. I hope these venues allow for some movement. If you're within 2-3 arms lengths away from touching him, go for it... STRETCH!!!!! :D You never know if you'll see him again - so get it while the gettins good :p I'm older and ballsyer -and thought it might be my last chance... I got what i went for!

LOL! And I'm sure he did, at you. You silly boys.

At the show in Royal Oak, leaned forward as far as I could, almost fell, stepped on some feet, pushed the idiots in front of me and got a shake during I Like You, which was cool.

That night I was also sick and really tired and a bit jet lagged still. Had to work the next morning at 8am. That was rough, the things I do for Moz.

That night I was also sick and really tired and a bit jet lagged still. Had to work the next morning at 8am. That was rough, the things I do for Moz.

I got home at 12:30am that night and went to bed at 3:30am. I was on solo. Freaking out.

I shook his hand twice in Salt Lake, UT and I could have probably done it a third but there was a shorter girl next to me and I directed his hand towards her. I shook his hand twice in one Las Vegas show and once in Las Vegas show a few months later. Thing is, I'm pretty tall.

I shook his hand twice in Salt Lake, UT and I could have probably done it a third but there was a shorter girl next to me and I directed his hand towards her. I shook his hand twice in one Las Vegas show and once in Las Vegas show a few months later. Thing is, I'm pretty tall.

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! One of the few occasions that it is good to be tall.....and I know, from personal experiences.

I got home at 12:30am that night and went to bed at 3:30am. I was on solo. Freaking out.

I got home at 3am, went to bed soon after and woke up at 6:30am. Was ontime for work though. Dead tired but really happy and sad that my year of Moz was offically over.
I'm glad to be the height I am, not too tall but not short either.

I got home at 3am, went to bed soon after and woke up at 6:30am. Was ontime for work though. Dead tired but really happy and sad that my year of Moz was offically over.
I'm glad to be the height I am, not too tall but not short either.

Yeah, the next day was ruff but I was on a Moz high. Two nights later, my day after was a Sunday. Much more doable.

Where in OH are you? My step-sisters grew up in Medina. Are you anywhere near there? The one lived in Cinci for awhile -moved to SF- and the other one lives near Columbus.

Yeah, the next day was ruff but I was on a Moz high. Two nights later, my day after was a Sunday. Much more doable.

Where in OH are you? My step-sisters grew up in Medina. Are you anywhere near there? The one lived in Cinci for awhile -moved to SF- and the other one lives near Columbus.

I'm in Cleveland, Medina is about a 1/2 hr away. I even called in sick to work that day, wasn't a total lie I really was. So I couldn't tell anyone about it. Not that my co-workers wanted to hear about Moz again.

I'm in Cleveland, Medina is about a 1/2 hr away. I even called in sick to work that day, wasn't a total lie I really was. So I couldn't tell anyone about it. Not that my co-workers wanted to hear about Moz again.

Awesome, sick day. Sick with love.
I have one co-worker who knew and gets it and thankfully he let me talk his ear off ~whew~

Awesome, sick day. Sick with love.
I have one co-worker who knew and gets it and thankfully he let me talk his ear off ~whew~

Yeah it was an amazing night as were the other shows I saw. Have a few who will listen, don't get it though.

I've had 2 handshakes...he went back & forth between my partner & I...even though it was about 4 years ago, I can still remember how it felt.

I've been lucky enough to shake his hand probably a dozen times through the years @ shows I've attended. 2 times in the same night, his last visit to the Palms in Vegas.:) He's very kind.

At Glasgow in December 2006 he bent down to shake hands and I was that overwhelmed at him being 2 feet away from me that I screamed "oh my god!" right in his face and just stood there, so he shook the hand of the guy standing next to me! lol, if the opportunity arises again i'll need to pull myself together :eek:

Has anyone shaken his hand in an off-stage setting? As in meeting him backstage or bumping into him in the supermarket.

I'd like to know what his 'official' handshake is like, rather than the reaching-for-the-fans sort of handshake, if that makes sense. They say you can tell a lot from a person's handshake!

27th Feb' 1985, 1st gig of the MiM tour. Got in early and was directed upstairs by mistake but got back down in time to be at the front. James came and went and by the time the smiths took the stage i'd been pushed a bit to the side. i held my ground though as i managed to get a good firm grip and a shake. What a night!

Back
Top Bottom