Moz's retirement?!!

Wild Oscar

Born-again Atheist
At the risk of upsetting people or being deluged with abuse, I'm making this post.

At the Doncaster gig last week, a fan told me that he had heard Moz is so disillusioned with events this year that he is seriously considering retiring. Can this be so? Has anyone else heard this?

I don't want to start bad vibes without good reason and have pondered over this for a week, partly to see if it came up elsewhere. But the fan mentioned problems with the record company, management, the NME thing, etc. We couldn't chat longer as we were both in the toilets at the time.

Is that fan out there? I suspect not, or this topic would already have been discussed, I think.

I know that the mystery/enigma is one of the great appeals to Morrissey for fans, but my instinct is, why would he consider quitting now when he is riding the crest of a wave in many ways?

Apols in advance to any fans annoyed by me posting this. I did think long and hard...

There are always rumors going around that he'll retire, but I wouldn't believe it unless Moz said it himself. Actually, I might not even believe it then.

Oh I am not annoyed at you sharing your thoughts or convo you had at all.
However we have a new record deal and album in september and he seemed really pleased with the new songs he sang. Of course the legal stuff and that will be a pain in the arse and If the single bombs then he won't be chuffed. However I think its all ok just now.

If his new album is good and well recieved the giving it all up Q will be redundant.

Touring could slow down perhaps, but most important is the music Neil Young still makes

great albums, The Stones still do a good gig , I see a long road ahead.

How does that song go now......?

'Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before'

Trust me, the day Morrissey has had enough, we will hear it from a much more 'authoritive' source than an anonymous fan at a gig in Doncaster.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Trust me, the day Morrissey has had enough, we will hear it from a much more 'authoritive' source than an anonymous fan at a gig in Doncaster.:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

Yes, the word would need to come from a REAL Apostle.
Sorry, I can't help it! :D

Yes, the word would need to come from a REAL Apostle.
Sorry, I can't help it! :D

Thanks, guys, for your reassurance - you're a very positive bunch, most of you.

Sorry for being so gullible...

Mike

At the risk of upsetting people or being deluged with abuse, I'm making this post.

At the Doncaster gig last week, a fan told me that he had heard Moz is so disillusioned with events this year that he is seriously considering retiring. Can this be so? Has anyone else heard this?

I don't want to start bad vibes without good reason and have pondered over this for a week, partly to see if it came up elsewhere. But the fan mentioned problems with the record company, management, the NME thing, etc. We couldn't chat longer as we were both in the toilets at the time.

Is that fan out there? I suspect not, or this topic would already have been discussed, I think.

I know that the mystery/enigma is one of the great appeals to Morrissey for fans, but my instinct is, why would he consider quitting now when he is riding the crest of a wave in many ways?

Apols in advance to any fans annoyed by me posting this. I did think long and hard...

what the hell is this person about???

Yes and indeed it has been discussed in around 814 different threads since this forum started and there is still nothing whatsoever to substantiate these tired rumours. Do a quick search and you'll be enlightened.

can he afford to retire at 49?
lets face it earl greys not cheap, maybe he will be forced in to panto with bobby davro to keep himself in lentils!

Sort of remember a wanky little journo tried to start this rumour about a year ago on this forum???? Think he was from the NME and was trying to do a hatchet job on Mozza. Personally think it would be very hard for him to walk away from what he has tried so hard to build. He is loved and he knows that.

Jukebox Jury

hear, hear. :)

it was high time one of these threads popped up though, it must be oh at least 6 months since the last. :rolleyes:

He'll still be performing when he's got a zimmer and incontinence pants!!!:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom