Salt Lake City, UT - The Great Saltair (Sep. 28, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Suedehead / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Wish You Lonely / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Back On The Chain Gang / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
Great show last night from Morrissey. The crowd was great, and Moz's singing was strong.

Salt Lake City loves you, Morrissey! Come back soon.

Some random observations:

-The venue took cash only (!) at the door for tickets, and people could not bring any bags in.
-The Saltair venue sits next to the Great Salt Lake and is in the middle of nowhere. Morrissey made a comment about how useful it must be to live next to so much salt.
-Morrissey threw two shirts into the crowd. There was a big fight in the crowd over the first shirt, and security ended up having to cut it into three pieces to placate those involved.
-Morrissey signed three records from the crowd in between songs.
-This was the first Morrissey concert I have been to where a fan did not make it on stage. There was a wide barrier in front of the stage and lots of security. There is no way anyone would have made it over the barrier unless there was a mass invasion of fans. Morrissey really stretched to be able to grab some hands in the front row.

Thanks for this honest review, really pleased everyone enjoyed it so much. Such a nice change to read something pleasant & so positive.
Love Moz, what an artist!

Thanks lantern for these & all the others...even the ducks look good, love 'em. :)

Froze my ass off waiting in line.
Flew from Hawaii on my 40th birthday.
I made a sign that said "I made the Bullfighter Dies video" but I was too shame to hold it up.
Audience was polite, no pushing and space between people.
Interpol has a perfect set.
Morrissey and the band just kinda left without saying goodbye or introducing the band which was odd.
Mahalo MorrisseyView attachment 52780View attachment 52782 View attachment 52781
The photos are great and it looks like a good crowd turnout from the first one. A great way to spend your 40th, and many more to come. Thank you for posting.

What on earth was he wearing?

Did he rob a peacock couple when they were having sex?

Those shoes are awful and why do men in 2019 wear shoes from the 17th century or older?

Like walking on a plank making a click sound worse than a slapper in flip flops on holiday.

The only air disaster is him flying around the world and f***ing up Greta's weather.

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that useless people on this board who were not at the gig post videos from gigs others recorded.

Like way me I can steal a video from social media and post it here and make it look like I was there.

When will FWD and Lanterns try and have a baby?

More you ignore me hasn't been played in like 20 years and it's off the set list already?

Is it just me or does anyone else feel that useless people on this board who were not at the gig post videos from gigs others recorded.

Like way me I can steal a video from social media and post it here and make it look like I was there.

When will FWD and Lanterns try and have a baby?
What exactly would you expect to see in a post-gig forum for reporting about the events/songs that occurred at a gig?
Especially on a Morrissey site that aggregates stories all in one place?
The fact you don't understand how this forum works is your own thinking issue.
My behaviour won't change because you don't understand how this site has operated for years.
Just remind everyone of your contributions here...
That's right, tedious snipes at people who do actually contribute - well, bore to your heart's content.
As for stealing - um, couldn't give a stuff.
Don't hashtag posts or share publicly on the Internet if you don't want people posting it here - simple.
Is that another concept you can't grasp?
I shall type this slowly so you get it:
I live in England, I collate information about Morrissey gigs to post in threads about Morrissey gigs - who knew!?
It in no way indicates that I was at that gig - despite how you view it.
Feel free to contribute appropriately to a gig thread...
Have a marvellous week,
FWD.

More you ignore me hasn't been played in like 20 years and it's off the set list already?
He sang it in May this year during the Broadway stint.
Regards,
FWD.

What exactly would you expect to see in a post-gig forum for reporting about the events/songs that occurred at a gig?
Especially on a Morrissey site that aggregates stories all in one place?
The fact you don't understand how this forum works is your own thinking issue.
My behaviour won't change because you don't understand how this site has operated for years.
Just remind everyone of your contributions here...
That's right, tedious snipes at people who do actually contribute - well, bore to your heart's content.
As for stealing - um, couldn't give a stuff.
Don't hashtag posts or share publicly on the Internet if you don't want people posting it here - simple.
Is that another concept you can't grasp?
I shall type this slowly so you get it:
I live in England, I collate information about Morrissey gigs to post in threads about Morrissey gigs - who knew!?
It in no way indicates that I was at that gig - despite how you view it.
Feel free to contribute appropriately to a gig thread...
Have a marvellous week,
FWD.

Thank you FWD for saving me the time of responding to this misguided attack on yourself, Lanterns, and others that take the time to search the internet for clips that add color, and first hand visual accounts of those in attendance at each concert and bring them here for us to enjoy.

The creator of the content is clearly listed at the top of each Instagram post and you can click through on View Profile to see more images taken by these individuals. Since when has sharing become such an evil en devour?

Without your efforts and those of a select few this site would hold no value whatsoever.

Thank you FWD for saving me the time of responding to this misguided attack on yourself, Lanterns, and others that take the time to search the internet for clips that add color, and first hand visual accounts of those in attendance at each concert and bring them here for us to enjoy.

The creator of the content is clearly listed at the top of each Instagram post and you can click through on View Profile to see more images taken by these individuals. Since when has sharing become such an evil en devour?

Without your efforts and those of a select few this site would hold no value whatsoever.

The person who made the misguided attack is Urban from Sweden, you can tell which posts are his from his inability to use commas and most other punctuation in his rambling sentences. Replying to him would be a waste of your time, this is what he does all day and any reply is a delight for him because it allows him to fill another couple of minutes of his pointless and empty days.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom