TTY: Supreme, yet not; Morrissey's second statement on Supreme

Link from an anonymous person:

Supreme, yet not - true-to-you.net
15 February 2016

As a matter of fact, I do not have, do not want, nor do I need, any money from the company called Supreme.

If Supreme have sent money in my name then they could track it down and reclaim it - if they had NOT printed that photograph of me for their 2016 campaign.

By running prints of the photograph they have derailed their own negotiations. This is why they are angry.

The photograph is dreadful and will help neither myself nor Supreme. Who needs it? Nobody.

Supreme were warned by my lawyer and accountant that the photograph should NOT be used. Supreme ignored this advice. Hence this mess.

I write these statements because there is no one else to write them. The joy I receive from such statements is non-existent.

thank you,
Morrissey
15 February 2016.

Related items:

Yes I'm sure more than one of us would do the managerial /agent job greatly and probably for free.
Morrissey has had managers , agents , "helping hands" thru the years. It's just that Morrissey won't listen. He's too stubborn and proud to hear that he is destroying his career.

Yes I'm sure more than one of us would do the managerial /agent job greatly and probably for free.
Morrissey has had managers , agents , "helping hands" thru the years. It's just that Morrissey won't listen. He's too stubborn and proud to hear that he is destroying his career.

if theyre doing it for free then i doubt there ability

sqqK3C5.png

If only he had the wisdom that you seem to be blessed with. Just think of what he could achieve in his lifetime if he were reasonable, manageable and easy to get along with.

In other words if he wasn't Morrissey.

Sheesh, give me a break...

If only he had the wisdom that you seem to be blessed with. Just think of what he could achieve in his lifetime if he were reasonable, manageable and easy to get along with.

In other words if he wasn't Morrissey.

Sheesh, give me a break...

yeah just what im looking for in music and art, a career oriented top priority moz. i cant wait till he does a successful endorsement and my love of his art is complete

i cant help it, i just find it so incredibly derogatory that a person should be in a struggle over the use of their own image.

unforturnately, judging by the attitudes here, supreme is at an advantage, with this erroneous image people have of morrissey being simply one who like to create trouble. because people in general dont think, because they prefer self-complacency to putting themselves out there, it's very easy, when something like this arises, to take the attitude that "oh morrissey is just being morrissey", as though he creates trouble just for the sake of it. in reality, i dont think anything could be further from the truth. sure, he seems to be many times excercising a right or a luxury most of us dont even know we have: to argue, to question, to, in the words of amy gerstler, "protest and remember everything", which in reality should be the duty of all smart, artistic, and individualistic people everytime we seen an injustice being done, any time we see someone acting clod-like or brutish. but to act in accordance with that innermost feeling that a person who doesnt stand up for what they know on principal to be right cant possibly have any real sense of self-respect, is not creating trouble, and that is a harmful judgement to perpetuate.

i get the feeling from morrissey that he likes to be liked. that getting a positive reception is important to him, that he responds to it like a plant that has been watered. i dont think he actually likes having to engage in these struggles. it may be fair to assume that he likes to assert his stance on things (because dont we all when we actually can be bothered?) but i doubt if he likes the backlash that he always invariably and unwarrantedly gets, and that he surely has come to expect, and the unfair reputation it's garnered him, that of being a "troublemaker". i have no doubt also that morrissey suffers to a degree from that thing which has always plagued artists and individuals, that which we call "world weariness": that thing which oftentimes makes the best and strongest personalities give in, become indifferent, complacent, retiring. and yet he never does give in. according to some magnificent moral code, the magnitude of which most people will never possess, he never stops arguing, questioning and protesting, even when it brings difficulty for himself, even when one imagines he must be tired and hurt from it all. and that is something quite incredible, and renders him not the kind of person that should be taken for granted in this world of complacent apathetic lifeless shallow boors--each one exactly like the one before--and brushed aside as being a "troublemaker."

the bias should not be slanted toward supreme simply because morrissey is more of a towering moral figure than most people could ever dream of being and because rather than looking at the things on which his struggles have been spent, those people who are insensitive to nuance, shade and degree, instead boorishly and undiscerningly tote them up like a tally on a chalk board.

The way I see it, If Morrissey liked the Photo's that Supreme where going to use, there wouldn't be a problem.

Morrissey should have asked for a reshoot or done something else on the day to avoid it.

i cant help it, i just find it so incredibly derogatory that a person should be in a struggle over the use of their own image.

unforturnately, judging by the attitudes here, supreme is at an advantage, with this erroneous image people have of morrissey being simply one who like to create trouble. because people in general dont think, because they prefer self-complacency to putting themselves out there, it's very easy, when something like this arises, to take the attitude that "oh morrissey is just being morrissey", as though he creates trouble just for the sake of it. in reality, i dont think anything could be further from the truth. sure, he seems to be many times excercising a right or a luxury most of us dont even know we have: to argue, to question, to, in the words of amy gerstler, "protest and remember everything", which in reality should be the duty of all smart, artistic, and individualistic people everytime we seen an injustice being done, any time we see someone acting clod-like or brutish. but to act in accordance with that innermost feeling that a person who doesnt stand up for what they know on principal to be right cant possibly have any real sense of self-respect, is not creating trouble, and that is a harmful judgement to perpetuate.

i get the feeling from morrissey that he likes to be liked. that getting a positive reception is important to him, that he responds to it like a plant that has been watered. i dont think he actually likes having to engage in these struggles. it may be fair to assume that he likes to assert his stance on things (because dont we all when we actually can be bothered?) but i doubt if he likes the backlash that he always invariably and unwarrantedly gets, and that he surely has come to expect, and the unfair reputation it's garnered him, that of being a "troublemaker". i have no doubt also that morrissey suffers to a degree from that thing which has always plagued artists and individuals, that which we call "world weariness": that thing which oftentimes makes the best and strongest personalities give in, become indifferent, complacent, retiring. and yet he never does give in. according to some magnificent moral code, the magnitude of which most people will never possess, he never stops arguing, questioning and protesting, even when it brings difficulty for himself, even when one imagines he must be tired and hurt from it all. and that is something quite incredible, and renders him not the kind of person that should be taken for granted in this world of complacent apathetic lifeless shallow boors--each one exactly like the one before--and brushed aside as being a "troublemaker."

the bias should not be slanted toward supreme simply because morrissey is more of a towering moral figure than most people could ever dream of being and because rather than looking at the things on which his struggles have been spent, those people who are insensitive to nuance, shade and degree, instead boorishly and undiscerningly tote them up like a tally on a chalk board.

You might be onto something, Rifke.

I see. So we should not let the small matter of the truth of the situation get in the way, but instead bias towards Morrissey because "...morrissey is more of a towering moral figure than most people could ever dream"

Do you realise how completely mad that makes you sound?

"If Supreme have sent money in my name...then...they can reclaim it." Really? Well, I work in the banking/finance industry and...no...they can't reclaim it. Once it is delivered and in his account it is up to HIM to return it. Or he has to authorize it. This was not a mistake or error, but the fulfillment of the signed contract. He is acting like a child here...again. Be a man, stand up and take responsibility for your action. Not evade, side-step and misrepresent the truth.

Exactly. ^THIS!

A contract can be made with a verbal agreement & once funds are lodged or claimed from escrow, the contract is legal & binding.
It was up to Morrissey to negotiate a novation/waiver to negate the original contract.
If his financial affairs are so chaotic that he doesn´t know when contract payments arrive in his corporate account
or is too lazy, stupid or mean to employ a competent person to manage his affairs then his is a fool who is asking for trouble.

Of course, this debacle explains so much from his time as a 25% contributor to the artistic development of The Smiths
through to his near 30 year career as a Smith's Tribute act.

So many paranoid ideation clusters, so many contract balls-ups, so many people to blame other than The Man In The Mirror called "Morrissey"

Of course, the ever-decreasing circle of Cult enablers who populate The List and the first few rows of shows will ignore all until he crashes and burns
beyond reflation. Now I understand why Wolvo Steve breathed a sigh of relief when this prissy hissy-fit Mancunian bitch stropped off into the Century City sunset.
Who now, in their right minds, would enter into complex multi~year contracts to re-launch this absurd singing Troll.
He looks like a Smurf in the photos and the fact that he couldn't even be arsed to research the animal rights issues which stink up the Supreme brand shows his is a total clown.
Who knew?

Another incredibly expected and hilarious testament to The Beclownment Of Trollissey.
Only truly deranged people would defend such a specimen.
He has a beautiful voice, he has some excellent Minor Poet lyrics but he is not one of the greats, never was, never will be.
All along he was spoofing Radical Art for money and he's been exposed as a pseud and a fool.

I will continue to enjoy the late-stage stand up comedy with undertones of tragedy that is his final act as a public figure.

with every good wish
yours, in jubilo

"BrummieBoy"
Lisbon
Portugal
17/2/2016

I agree with your words. Humans who are true to themselves are admirable. If a man can't be true to himself, he can't be true at all. There are a lot of people like Morrissey, but usually they don't reach popularity, because in this world it's hard to succeed without make a lot of concessions.

I think most of the attacks against Morrissey come from people who don't like to compare themselves with him, because they surrendered, they fell silent or they accepted injustice by fear or convenience. When they attack Morrissey they are muting their dirty consciences, their blindness, their silence and their indifference. Morrissey is not the devil: he sings, he makes statemens and he writes. His only sin is to have an opinion. I'd like to see the same hate some people use to insult him thrown off against killers, exploiters and corrupts. Of course I will not live to see that because it's risky and inconvenient.

I can see why some find sport in relishing where Morrissey has ended up. I was a huge fan - for a while, the thought of life without Morrissey was unthinkable for me - but I grew out of it. I retain an interest, but I look back on that time with amusement more than anything else. I do genuinely feel sad about this though. Simply, the tone of these most recent statements is one of defeat, confusion and depression, despite the shards of stubborness. No matter their current view of the man, every single person here would concede they have, at one point or another, loved his work and it's tragic he has ended up so alone and unhappy, despite his money. I wish he could look back on his life with pride and happiness.

I concede no such thing. He has made consumer products and consumer experiences which I have purchased therefore they are now mine.
I can re-interpret his descent into Clown Pariah as comedy.
I love my family, friends, companion animals and life itself but i do not 'love' opportunistic, meretricious capitalist music business entrepreneurs who ransack genuinely subversive Radical Art to parlay to their ludicrous 'fans' as Original when it's just the mechanical skill of a magpie filching from others.

You are entirely confused about the reality of being a 'fan' as opposed to being part of an Audience. A fan is a mentally enfeebled slave, a member of the Audience surrenders nothing other than cash. Any emotional catharsis I have ever experienced from his consumer experiences and products is of the same order as the release i get when I purchase sex off prostitutes or rent boys, just less authentic. He is an artistic whore, a musical lapdancer twerking his saggy arse like a demented pole dancer. Get on your knees and blow me like all the other trash off the streets of Manchester.

BrummieBoy

- - - Updated - - -

Because I must ! BtBB

IMPERFECT LIST II

Adolf Hitler, the dentist, terry @ June, f***ing bastard thatcher, Dubliner cheese, any cheese, duck dynasty bottlers, dog eaters, Steven f***ing Patrick f***ing tosserrey,cat eaters, fame craving pathetic useless nephew, Jimmy f***ing Savile, liars, tax avoidance, the word humasexual, stupid statements, dairy products, cancellations, Martin, rolf harris, fake cancer, high court judgement dodgers, list of the lost, glossy five star hotel magazine popstar performer interviews, David's passing, lawnmowers, closet gays, contract breakers, sexist videos, mikes treatment, Andy's treatment, Paris for profit, cult ultras, people who fail to take responsibility, snot nosed junior high ribbing, VIOLA BEACH RIP
Where were you ?

Benny-the-British-Butcher

your best effort yet!

BB

You know what? None if this is any of our business really. Why do we think it is? Morrissey is a singer who through his lyrics have all touched us and grown to love this man. Many of us have intruded on his life and act as if we should have any say on his comings and goings and business deals. I believe this has had a negative effect on him in many ways and he shuts himself off from the world. This actually makes me incredibly sad. He is a very loyal friend and he has been very loyal to his fans. Have you seen how much he tours? Signs arms, legs, chests,etc. I have posted on this site because i know he reads things here and wanted him to see nice things about him. Morrissey, you are so incredibly interesting and your precious heart is so worth protecting. Sorry to get so sappy but i have my reasons.

Morrissey is not your friend. He is your enemy. And an enemy of all that is worthwhile in human artistic endeavour.
He should be thrown into the sea, ideally. But, sadly, that won~t happen. Though his career is lost at sea. Forever.
Hilarious stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

The taste of ashes in my mouth. It's sadly getting harder and harder for me to separate the music from the witless, self-obsessed boor who created it, or at least, who sang over it. I might just go and take all my Morrissey CDs to the Sue Ryder shop on the High Street.

Why? Just re-frame them as Comedy and LOLalongaMorrissey

Dear Morrissey:

Head out to a local community college and hire a kid to manage your online presence and do your internet forensic work. Explain that you would like him/her to research any company or venue that you are considering having business dealings with. It is amazing what you can dig up on the internet if you know where to look. It is not a long, difficult process. It takes minutes. Have your lawyer draw up a simple ND agreement. There are literally thousands of young people out there whom are more than capable and would love to have an opportunity like this to get some real experience. Needs some research done? Shoot off an email and await your answer. Set up a paypal account and send them $20 every time they look into something for you. A small price to pay to avoid future headaches.

Have him/her also design you a proper website where you can make official announcements and also sell proper merchandise. To design a website with this functionality would literally take a few hours and cost less than a hundred dollars. Have Sam take all the pictures he needs for T-Shirts, mugs, etc. Use a company like Cafepress to do all the printing for you on-the-fly. At least this way you would be in control of your own brand. You would lose out on all the money you would receive by licensing your image but at least you would have complete control over the entire process, from start to finish.

All this could be done by someone in your entourage; Sam would be ideal, but it is pretty clear he lacks the technical knowledge to handle this for you - at present. So send someone down to the local college or put an ad in the newspaper. Must be able to use newsgroups, search forums, snapchat, facebook, instagram, linkedin, old archives, craigslist, and off-the-beaten-path websites. Must have adequate deductive reasoning abilities. Must be mature and take the job seriously. Must be tech-savvy. If there is a picture out there of a future business partner torturing a cat on the internet, this kid will find it. Hire an Asian kid. Problem solved.

Last edited:
I see. So we should not let the small matter of the truth of the situation get in the way, but instead bias towards Morrissey because "...morrissey is more of a towering moral figure than most people could ever dream"

Do you realise how completely mad that makes you sound?
haha im not fussed

'Do you think getting into a public feud with a clothing company is what Gustavo had in mind, when he said Morrissey was looking forward to taking things 'to the next level'?

He should be thrown into the sea, ideally.

I don't know why this is so funny.The drama, maybe. It would probably be easier to just ignore him and let him set an example of how to troll the world so long that you wind up trolling yourself. He might actually enjoy being thrown into the sea. Last words: "glub glub glub"

He accepted money for a job, then he didn't complete the job to the contentment of his employer and as outlined in the contract he signed. Then he said Supreme could reclaim the money, then he said "what money?"

If a builder did that to you you'd take them to court.

He accepted money for a job, then he didn't complete the job to the contentment of his employer and as outlined in the contract he signed. Then he said Supreme could reclaim the money, then he said "what money?"

If a builder did that to you you'd take them to court.
Thanks for posting barleybore, I was in the mood for a little nap and as always your post sent me straight to sleep

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom