Salt Lake City, UT - The Great Saltair (Sep. 28, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

You're Gonna Need Someone On Your Side / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / Girl Afraid / Suedehead / Morning Starship / Wedding Bell Blues / Lady Willpower / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / I Wish You Lonely / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Back On The Chain Gang / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Jack The Ripper // How Soon Is Now?

Setlist courtesy of setlist.fm

Last edited:
Would love to see a vid of Girl Afraid :}

First off, the sound is crap for some reason. It was going in an out, more than just my finger covering the mic. Not sure what was up. I shot a lot of the songs, but only posted the ones that were of decent quality. But since you mentioned Girl Afraid, I just uploaded it.

This is my absolute favorite song by the Smiths. Without going into any detail, the song means a lot to me for a variety of reasons, but it's one of the songs that took me to the next level with this band 30 years ago or so.... anyway.... try and enjoy, I know it's tough. I was so blown away when I heard the first few notes that I didn't even think to start recording until a minute in.

This song alone made this show my favorite of all time because I had never heard it live. I love that Moz mixes up his setlists like this. The core stays the same, but he peppers in some random songs, which makes it an unexpected show. Interpol is another one of my favorite bands and they mail it in night after night, playing the exact same setlist over and over. So boring, (but still so good to me). Just wish they had the balls to really mix it up. Throw in the quirky song 80% of people dont know. Or here's a novel idea, cover a Smiths or Morrissey song. Same goes for Morrissey, cover an Interpol song. Would it kill you two to actually acknowledge each other since you're playing together across the country? Jeez.

BTW, I saw Johnny Marr this year as well. He kills the Smiths as well. I'd go see him if you have the chance. Then you've seen 1/2 of The Smiths :)

What exactly would you expect to see in a post-gig forum for reporting about the events/songs that occurred at a gig?
Especially on a Morrissey site that aggregates stories all in one place?
The fact you don't understand how this forum works is your own thinking issue.
My behaviour won't change because you don't understand how this site has operated for years.
Just remind everyone of your contributions here...
That's right, tedious snipes at people who do actually contribute - well, bore to your heart's content.
As for stealing - um, couldn't give a stuff.
Don't hashtag posts or share publicly on the Internet if you don't want people posting it here - simple.
Is that another concept you can't grasp?
I shall type this slowly so you get it:
I live in England, I collate information about Morrissey gigs to post in threads about Morrissey gigs - who knew!?
It in no way indicates that I was at that gig - despite how you view it.
Feel free to contribute appropriately to a gig thread...
Have a marvellous week,
FWD.
I posted those videos. Not for credit, but to share the music. Who cares who finds the content and posts it on a random website? Just enjoy it. Or try to, since I screwed up so much with the audio. I'll take a proper camera with me next time, don't worry.

Attachments

• moz.jpg
    moz.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 0
  • m1.jpg
    m1.jpg
    371.5 KB · Views: 0
  • m2.jpg
    m2.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 0
  • m3.jpg
    m3.jpg
    453.2 KB · Views: 0

First off, the sound is crap for some reason. It was going in an out, more than just my finger covering the mic. Not sure what was up. I shot a lot of the songs, but only posted the ones that were of decent quality. But since you mentioned Girl Afraid, I just uploaded it.

This is my absolute favorite song by the Smiths. Without going into any detail, the song means a lot to me for a variety of reasons, but it's one of the songs that took me to the next level with this band 30 years ago or so.... anyway.... try and enjoy, I know it's tough. I was so blown away when I heard the first few notes that I didn't even think to start recording until a minute in.

This song alone made this show my favorite of all time because I had never heard it live. I love that Moz mixes up his setlists like this. The core stays the same, but he peppers in some random songs, which makes it an unexpected show. Interpol is another one of my favorite bands and they mail it in night after night, playing the exact same setlist over and over. So boring, (but still so good to me). Just wish they had the balls to really mix it up. Throw in the quirky song 80% of people dont know. Or here's a novel idea, cover a Smiths or Morrissey song. Same goes for Morrissey, cover an Interpol song. Would it kill you two to actually acknowledge each other since you're playing together across the country? Jeez.

BTW, I saw Johnny Marr this year as well. He kills the Smiths as well. I'd go see him if you have the chance. Then you've seen 1/2 of The Smiths :)

One quarter of the Smiths.

I posted those videos. Not for credit, but to share the music. Who cares who finds the content and posts it on a random website? Just enjoy it. Or try to, since I screwed up so much with the audio. I'll take a proper camera with me next time, don't worry.
You did great.... thank you

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom