OK to take 10 year old son to see The Moz?

scooter

I am seriously thinking about seeing Moz for the first time live on tour and my 10 year old son wants to go with me. What do you all think, would it be safe to take a 10 year old to the concert? I will be in Columbus, Ohio.

I think it would be cool but never actually been to see Moz and wanted to double check with you all.

Thanks,
Scott

totally. i assume you'll be seated? if not just don't get too close to the stage. that's where the crazies stand.

totally. i assume you'll be seated? if not just don't get too close to the stage. that's where the crazies stand.

Actually now I am really glad I asked. I was going to be extremely close to the stage. So it sound like I need tickets to be a little bit back from the front row?

You'll be fine. I'm not normally a fan of kids at shows but I went to see Moz in Lille, France, last year and some guy had his son on his shoulders down in the pit for the whole show. The kid was singing along to every word and everyone around was really considerate. He even got a handshake from the great man himslef. That was France though, can't speak for Ohio!

I'd be more concerned with hearing loss, especially as they are still growing. I would call their doctor and ask his/her advice. The few people I see at shows wearing hearing protection are often wearing them wrong (not seating them in deeply enough), and smaller ears are harder to fit correctly. Any noise over the sound of a normal conversation damages hearing.

You'll be fine. I'm not normally a fan of kids at shows but I went to see Moz in Lille, France, last year and some guy had his son on his shoulders down in the pit for the whole show. The kid was singing along to every word and everyone around was really considerate. He even got a handshake from the great man himslef. That was France though, can't speak for Ohio!

The same thing occured at the 5th Hammerstein show in 07. The little boy handed him flowers [I think]. Everyone was considerate but after about 10-15 songs the father took the boy towards the back. I spoke to him, and it was the boy's 6th show!

Thanks for the responses. I will find out if the tix have an age restriction (didn't think about that) and I will get him used to wearing earplugs. I think my son's chances of getting a handshake from the Moz is definite if we are up on the front row seats. I am stoked!!!

Thanks for the responses. I will find out if the tix have an age restriction (didn't think about that) and I will get him used to wearing earplugs. I think my son's chances of getting a handshake from the Moz is definite if we are up on the front row seats. I am stoked!!!

I wish my dad was as cool as you, scooter. ;)

I'll be at this show too. No there are no age restrictions. So yeah bring your kid. I agree on the earplugs he'll need them. I believe the pit was only 3 rows then the rest were seats. The pit was seperated am trying to think back to last show there. Your son is lucky to have such a cool dad.

I took my girls to the Move Festival in 2004 when they were aged 12 and 10. They loved it:cool:

Think the comments about the ear plugs etc etc is a bit over the top though (or is that part of the American sue culture?:rolleyes:)

Did anyone here go to Grimsby in 2006 and remember the very young lad who was on his dad's shoulders near the front for the entire gig and singing away to every song?
Morrissey kept going over to him and asking if he was OK. At the end, Matt came over and gave him the drum sticks:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I've been taking my son to shows since he was 5. I would highly recommend ear plugs as hearing loss can be permanent, not because I am a litigation-happy American. :rolleyes:

My mom took me to see KISS when I was 10. I was the hardcore fan, however.

:guitar:

The tix were on ebay and I just bought them so I will be on the front row with my son. This will be something we remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you everybody for giving your input. This made me feel more comfy taking him.
:thumb:

Scott "Scooter"

My mom took me to see KISS when I was 10. I was the hardcore fan, however.

:guitar:

You won't believe this but I went to KISS at 12 and was my first concert. It was awesome. This was back in early 80s in Norman, OK. What a blast. I think Morrissey will be probably the best I have ever been to and will always be the best.

I took my girls to the Move Festival in 2004 when they were aged 12 and 10. They loved it:cool:

Think the comments about the ear plugs etc etc is a bit over the top though (or is that part of the American sue culture?:rolleyes:)

Did anyone here go to Grimsby in 2006 and remember the very young lad who was on his dad's shoulders near the front for the entire gig and singing away to every song?
Morrissey kept going over to him and asking if he was OK. At the end, Matt came over and gave him the drum sticks:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I think your mate worked at that gig if i'm not mistaken. Always best to have a young kid at the back if standing, just to be on the safe side:thumb:

I'll take mine one of these days.

For now though, I don't want them to see Mommy try to jump the stage, get in a fight, and go to jail. :thumb:

I asked this same question when Moz came to Greenville, SC. I ended up taking my kids and had some great seats...but one of my children decided she needed to not be where she was because it was loud and crowded. Thankfully I had a friend in the balcony and sent my daughter up there.

My children really enjoyed the show but I have to say I spent a lot of time watching my children to make sure they were OK with everything going on.

My advice: Take him but be aware of his body language and be prepared to move if necessary.

my uncle is taking his kids with him and me to Coachella for the 1st day
his little girl is 11 i think :confused: & i told him i thought it would be alrite for her to go :straightface:
i was not wrong, was i? :eek:
&
hiya bysshe :guitar:

I am glad to see you are going to take him. Carnegie Hall in NYC will be my sons 6th. show and then it is on to Foxwoods! He has been going since he was 5 and now he will be turning 8. It is a great time and Morrissey has always been very nice to my son! Have a great time it will be a night to remember.:thumb:

He did give Morrissey flowers at the Hammerstein.

Back
Top Bottom