My Deluxe YoR is Missing Items.

It may sound dumb but why don't your order from amazon? Is there something wrong with them? I don't know a lot about such companies but I never had a problem with them.

I never have either. infact, I ordered my deluxe YoR on tuesday, got it on friday. :thumb:

Hope you sorted it out.
Nice to see I'm not the only one who cut the little sticky label off the plastic wrapping and kept it....

I did, too! I cut off the blue sticky label, "Strictly Limited Deluxe CD/DVD" and the "Made in Germany" sticker, attached it to another piece of paper and put it in my collection. Only here can we reveal such things!;)

Same here, got mine from there only arrived today. I thought it was odd no lyric sheet. CD says something about Malaysia on the back so it must be a different issue. Grr.

So either it's a batch problem or the Malaysian factory doesn't have all the components and is churning them out regardless. There's a freepost Uk address for returns, so I'm sending mine back. If you decide to do the same, just be aware that the options on the provided returns form tries to get you to accept vouchers, a replacement or an alternative choice but not a refund:

CDWOW: "I have attached our Returns Form which provides the necessary instructions on how to complete a return with CDWOW! I have also made a 'Return Authorised' note within our system to make sure that our Returns Department are able to process your replacement as quickly as possible.

Please ensure that you return the item within 60 days; after this time the
Return Authority will expire. We encourage you retain proof of the return."

ME: "Hello and thank you for your prompt reply. I would like a refund (as stated as an option in your terms and conditions) but this is not catered for on the returns form. Please tell me how to opt for a refund. Thank you."

CDWOW: "I would request you to enclose a note along with the returns form that you want a full refund for the item.

As soon as the item is received back in our office we will immediately process the refund back to the original form of payment."

I'm also going to print out a copy of that email convo and include it with the disc.

Hope this helps someone.

I would love a Malaysian copy, still sealed though.

So either it's a batch problem or the Malaysian factory doesn't have all the components and is churning them out regardless. There's a freepost Uk address for returns, so I'm sending mine back. If you decide to do the same, just be aware that the options on the provided returns form tries to get you to accept vouchers, a replacement or an alternative choice but not a refund:

CDWOW: "I have attached our Returns Form which provides the necessary instructions on how to complete a return with CDWOW! I have also made a 'Return Authorised' note within our system to make sure that our Returns Department are able to process your replacement as quickly as possible.

Please ensure that you return the item within 60 days; after this time the
Return Authority will expire. We encourage you retain proof of the return."

ME: "Hello and thank you for your prompt reply. I would like a refund (as stated as an option in your terms and conditions) but this is not catered for on the returns form. Please tell me how to opt for a refund. Thank you."

CDWOW: "I would request you to enclose a note along with the returns form that you want a full refund for the item.

As soon as the item is received back in our office we will immediately process the refund back to the original form of payment."

I'm also going to print out a copy of that email convo and include it with the disc.

Hope this helps someone.

Brilliant, I will try this, I don't want vouchers or a replacement - not from CDWow anyway. I recieved my copy today (finally) to find the CD slipcases missing, a discoloured cover and a nasty silver sticker over Morrissey's face that ripped off half of the artwork! Rubbish.

Brilliant, I will try this, I don't want vouchers or a replacement - not from CDWow anyway. I recieved my copy today (finally) to find the CD slipcases missing, a discoloured cover and a nasty silver sticker over Morrissey's face that ripped off half of the artwork! Rubbish.

I'm starting to wonder if these editions are even genuine. :straightface:

Play.com have posted my new copy already.:)

On a similar note could anyone tell me if the vinyl copy is meant to have a lyrics sheet/ any goodies inside? Maybe i'm being paranoid but I don't want to have missed anything! Also quite annoyed that on closer inspection the cover's quite battered, feel slightly let down by my local record shop.

Okay, my Play.com copy of YoR arrived, and it's a different kettle of fish entirely to the CDWOW! copy I sent back yesterday. The packaging on the Play.com version is textured, whereas the other was smooth. The one inner sleeve I did have on the CDWOW version was paper, whilst the Play.com one is card.

CDWOW!
YoR-missingbits.jpg

Play.com
YoR-Playcom.jpg

The CDWOW version has a hologram sticker on the cover and includes a Malaysian address in the licencing info on the back. So watch out for these if you're buying in the shops.

Returns to CDWOW!: Note that they ask you to retain proof of postage. Returns are freepost, but remember you can take the package to your post office counter and ask for a proof of postage slip.

And that, I trust, is that. Unless CDWOW get awkward over refunds. I'll let you know.

Hope that's been of help to someone,

Kate

Last edited:
Got my refund, so all's well etc.

Here's a plan: next time Morrissey puts out an album, we could all pre-order one from a reliable source and one from CDWOW!. The CDWOW! one's bound to be a half-arsed knock-off, so we can all send those back and get refunded, hit CDWOW! in the pocket like they deserve and boost the album sales in the process. Win! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom