Mozzer's 1994 wish finally comes true

Bluebirds

Tonight 10:35 BBC1 Question Time

From Passions:

"Well, every time I do I get bottled. You can't really talk about those things in this country. For instance, there was a spate of television programmes at the end of last year about the BNP and it was very noticeable to me how the National Front are never ever ever given a clear voice or platform. They never are. Which baffles me."

What do you say to the argument that it's right that the National Front and the BNP should be denied access to the news media if they pursue their political goals through violence, and that you're being irresponsible?

"Well, I think that if the National Front were to hate anyone, it would be me. I would be top of the list. But I think it opens the debate. If the BNP were afforded television time or unbiased space in newspapers, it would seem less of a threat and it would ease the situation. They are gagged so much that they take revenge in the most frightening way by hurting and killing people. But part of that is simply their anger at being ignored in what is supposed to be a democratic society."

hmmmm

:rolleyes:

Yeah, but most of us are intelligent enough to know what is right and wrong, BNP is made of the scums.

Last edited:
Re: hmmmm

bb,

Can you post a link to what has happened to make his 1994 wishes come true?

Is it just me, or was moz slighty obsessed with the BNP back then? Nothing wrong with that as we all know his fascination with violence and patriotism.

"Nothing wrong with that"

Yes right whatever....

Anyway its a real furore here in the UK that the BNP are going to be given a platform tonight to express thier bile and hatred due to "British democracy."

A watershed moment in British broadcasting.... alllegedly when Jean Marie Le Pen appeared on the French equivalent of Question Time in 1984 the National Front's support in France increased by double.

I can't wait to watch it, nick is a hero of mine. lol joke

thing is though, why shouldnt they be given time tonight, would it really hurt people to just listen to what they have to say for an hour. If you disagree with them then its no trouble is it? We listen to all the other parties and rarely agree with them so why should the BNP be any different?

"Nothing wrong with that"

Yes right whatever....

Anyway its a real furore here in the UK that the BNP are going to be given a platform tonight to express thier bile and hatred due to "British democracy."

A watershed moment in British broadcasting.... alllegedly when Jean Marie Le Pen appeared on the French equivalent of Question Time in 1984 the National Front's support in France increased by double.

Hopefully UK voters won't make the same mistake.

Will you stop stalking me in the forums, please?
I have difficulty remembering the correct spelling. :(

thing is though, why shouldnt they be given time tonight, would it really hurt people to just listen to what they have to say for an hour. If you disagree with them then its no trouble is it? We listen to all the other parties and rarely agree with them so why should the BNP be any different?

the argument is (according to Livingstone who was interviewed on the radio this morning) that when the BNP get massive amounts of publicity, it leads to a 'spike' in violent racial attacks.
I can't imagine that violent racist thugs tend to watch Question Time but there's been so much furore about the BNP's appearance on the programme tonight that awareness of the party and its policies has increased massively in recent days.

Apparently, Question Time is due to be recorded at around 7 p.m tonight.. then aired at 10.35 p.m.

We all know the B.B.C. - they are prepared to allow Nick Griffin a platform to give his views on national telly - but you can guarantee that the audience reaction will be cut to shreds in the final programme that goes out.

I will be amazed if he is not physically attacked at some point tonight - it's just a pity it's not going to be live.

letting the country see him for the man he is..........fine however what will we learn that we didn't know already?
http://www.hopenothate.org.uk/the-real-bnp/Profile-of-Nick-Griffin.php

I want him to be so hateful, bigoted and true to his beliefs that it's leaves no one in doubt about him and his party.

I find the BNP despicable but I also find it despicable when extremist muslims hold demonstrations with banners saying 'sharia law for the UK' , the anti fascists however only ever seem to turn up to protests against the BNP...why? I don't understand this.

Here's the person who'd like to be taken seriously as a politician. All those who would vote for him should see this.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
A decent, relatively sane, moderately well-educated populace living in an open society founded on principles of tolerance and free speech should not be threatened by rhetoric of this kind.

Right?

I cannot praise a fugitive and cloistered virtue, unexercised and unbreathed, that never sallies out and sees her adversary but slinks out of the race, where that immortal garland is to be run for, not without dust and heat. ... Since therefore the knowledge and survey of vice is in this world so necessary to the constituting of human virtue, and the scanning of error to the confirmation of truth, how can we more safely, and with less danger, scout into the regions of sin and falsity than by reading all manner of tractates and hearing all manner of reason?

John Milton​

Last edited:
A decent, relatively sane, moderately well-educated populace living in an open society founded on principles of tolerance and free speech should not be threatened by rhetoric of this kind.

Right?

I disagree with my wife on this. She would not let him have his say. I would. This kind of idiot needs his despicable views challenging in public, and all those who would vote for him need to see him exposed as the disgusting racist bigot he is. By the way, I'm not bandwagon-jumping here, but I have first-hand experience of these lunatics. My wife, who is Jewish, was tearing down some of their stickers at a bus stop, and had the misfortune of doing this in front of one of their members, who promptly put up anti-jewish stickers where she stood. Hate needs to be challenged. They cannot be allowed to feel like martyrs.

Peter

I disagree with my wife on this. She would not let him have his say. I would. This kind of idiot needs his despicable views challenging in public, and all those who would vote for him need to see him exposed as the disgusting racist bigot he is. By the way, I'm not bandwagon-jumping here, but I have first-hand experience of these lunatics. My wife, who is Jewish, was tearing down some of their stickers at a bus stop, and had the misfortune of doing this in front of one of their members, who promptly put up anti-jewish stickers where she stood. Hate needs to be challenged. They cannot be allowed to feel like martyrs.

Peter

Perfectly stated. (And Morrissey's point, more or less.)

Tags
banana man growing pains
Back
Top Bottom