Luvly Linder, Mozzer's Mate

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
Linder Sterling is featured on the cover of this months i-D magazine. Inside there is a photographic feature on her recent collaboration with Richard Nicoll, the fashion designer. The two are also interviewed, although Linder's piece appears to be more of a (very nicely) written statement of intent rather than an interview. Morrissey comes up, a bit ~
4004522542_0443cb9f59_b.jpg

4003760745_8a3ce23dfa_b.jpg

Should you wish to see the rest of the visuals I'll post the rest over in the Ludus thread in 'Other Music' forum. As a taster, wouldn't this have been cute for the 'Swords' cover ~
4004523108_e3e435afab_b.jpg

Very nice. Thanks for sharing it Joe.:thumb:

:sleeping:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/video/2009/oct/13/climate-change-flash-dance-london

(sorry, had to disrupt this terminally boring thread. I'm sure Linder will understand, she's so, er, er, modern.:straightface:
:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping: See it as installation art Linder. Visionary Art.)

PS: modernity has nothing to do with age. But in Linder's case I really don't see the diff between "art" and scrapbooking...I actually prefer scrapbooking I think... (she studied post-idiosynchronitic scrapbooking at St Martin's College of Arts that's where I/ caught her eye)

and within twenty seconds time :sleeping:

See you not soon!...

(look, below, a dog on the catwalk: so sexy, so subversive, so post-idiosyncranotonic...And not even a brassière on. Divin, non?)

Also...after a couple of hours with Linder, I can see why Morrissey would turn to Solo for refreshing fun and brain relaxation...(but, that often?)
Oh all those pretend highbrows...They try so hard to impress, it's funny. "oh look, I can stick bits of paper on a piece of paper, design clothes people won't wear, and use long words noone will look up because they :sleeping:."

Wow. You don't say.

Last edited:
"We were both so ill at ease in our own bodies. We always looked beyond the clothes to the way certain people walked; we were convinced that we could tell if people were having sex by the sway of the pelvis. Needless to say, our pelvises were immobilized at birth. It automatically happened if you were northern and had an intellect. No one was allowed to have a library ticket and have sex."

I'll be looking at the sway of people's pelvises differently now :p

Linder is so gosh darn beautiful.
I'm checking out the other photos you posted...Thanks Joe, you find the best stuff!

...I actually saw "Ludus" live at Eric's, Liverpool, back in the (Very) late 70's....or was it the early 80's??? ( cannot be bothered to check the date....)
there were about 9 people at the front of the stage when they started playing.....( Maybe even Morrissey was there..)but, after a few minutes, the Bar area and the Juke Box room was full....the audience area was almost empty....but they carried on playing anyway...... to about 3 "Fans" who had obviously travelled with them...sorry, But, as one who was there, they were just a Poor Joy Division Rip off, only with a moody ( and VERY surly) woman singer, instead of a Schizophrenic Epileptic male......Ahh...R.I.P. Eric's...Such Happy times!!!.

She is a very lovely woman.

That I don't discuss (probably), just saying she's irrelevant artistically.:lbf:

(I sense you're regretting having been added as a friend of mine IAAG.;) sOrRy :D)

Oh I like a bit of Ludus betimes. LS was nice to meet, very pleasant.

Well I did look for Ludus on the net, found nothing so stopped looking; and I haven't had the pleasure :straightface: of meeting her and her big boobs.:straightface: Which might be a photoshop 3D effect, by the bye.

Anyway... Dogs are much more interesting.

edit: "Hey! That's quite a BIG ROSE you've got mist:sleeping: (-no, sorry, it really doesn't do anything for me.)

Last edited:
...I actually saw "Ludus" live at Eric's, Liverpool, back in the (Very) late 70's....or was it the early 80's??? ( cannot be bothered to check the date....)
there were about 9 people at the front of the stage when they started playing.....( Maybe even Morrissey was there..)but, after a few minutes, the Bar area and the Juke Box room was full....the audience area was almost empty....but they carried on playing anyway...... to about 3 "Fans" who had obviously travelled with them...sorry, But, as one who was there, they were just a Poor Joy Division Rip off, only with a moody ( and VERY surly) woman singer, instead of a Schizophrenic Epileptic male......Ahh...R.I.P. Eric's...Such Happy times!!!.

I was thinking of starting a band to get Morrissey's flippin' attention. Do you thing a schizophrenic woman with occassional bouts of moodiness who dances like an epileptic having a fit would fly?:D I could call my band Lude Division. Or Joydus. OMG I can envision the t-shirts now!

All fun aside, I think Linder's art work is extremely relevant, frighteningly so. I want to read the article in the magazine though, so next book store trip.

I don't remember the boobs, big or otherwise.

:lbf: lies! lies! and more lies.

CG, "relevant"? Relevant to what? Don't tell me you can see the size of Morrissey's rose in Linder's artwork or something? :eek:

Why are there no dogs in her collages anyway? Now that would be artistic.:rolleyes: (edit/ although... even then...)

Doggies will not save uuuuuuuuus...There's no law of average there. When you're crap you're bound to stay crap (runs)

Last edited:
:lbf: lies! lies! and more lies.

CG, "relevant"? Relevant to what? Don't tell me you can see the size of Morrissey's rose in Linder's artwork or something? :eek:

Why are there no dogs in her collages anyway? Now that would be artistic.:rolleyes: (edit/ and even then...)

Meh, it's stuff you wouldn't get. Explaining it is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, you're clearly into flea collars and poop bags and stuff, which if fine. :D

Just had a look the clothes on various web sites. I do like them but will not treating myself.
I think at £295 for a t shirt and over £1000 for a maxi dress is a tad too expensive!!!!!!

Meh, it's stuff you wouldn't get. Explaining it is like having a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent, you're clearly into flea collars and poop bags and stuff, which if fine. :D

:eek: even if I pay you? A dog can learn! I'm sure Linder could teach me the Art of Collage, even.

:tears:

Back
Top Bottom