Kawasaki - Club Citta' (Apr. 21, 2012) post-show

Cherry Blossoms Blowing In Wet, Blowing Snow

In all the farewells in all the airports in all the profane dawns.

In the Fiat with no documents on the road to Madrid. At the

Corrida. In the Lope de Vega, the Annalena, the Jerome. In time

past, time lost, time yet to pass. In poetry. In watery deserts, on

arid seas, between desserts and seas. In sickness and in health. In

pain and in the celebration of pain. In the delivery room. In the

garden. In the hammock under the aspen. In all the emergencies. In

the waterfall. In toleration. In retaliation. In rhyme. Among cherry

blossoms blowing in wet, blowing snow, weren’t we something?

-James Galvin

Re: Article: Sendai - Zepp Sendai (Apr. 19, 2012) post-show

Thanks David.

I have a vague recollection that this was once used as a pre-show video. Or am I making that up?

Yup, DEFINITELY part of the pre-show videos around the time of Swords or YOR, I think.

Cherry Blossoms Blowing In Wet, Blowing Snow

In all the farewells in all the airports in all the profane dawns.

In the Fiat with no documents on the road to Madrid. At the

Corrida. In the Lope de Vega, the Annalena, the Jerome. In time

past, time lost, time yet to pass. In poetry. In watery deserts, on

arid seas, between desserts and seas. In sickness and in health. In

pain and in the celebration of pain. In the delivery room. In the

garden. In the hammock under the aspen. In all the emergencies. In

the waterfall. In toleration. In retaliation. In rhyme. Among cherry

blossoms blowing in wet, blowing snow, weren’t we something?

-James Galvin

That's nice. I would have guessed Japanese Matsuo Basho - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsuo_Bashō - and his haiku, "Between our two lives
there is also the life of the
cherry blossom : Basho" - http://universalhaiku.blogspot.com/2011/03/bashos-cherry-blossom-haiku.html

He's very in tune with everything. The mind boggles about 'droopy exteria'...Thanks again to Kewpie for the full review. In real-time shortly after his show, excellent tribute band These Charming Men put on a splendid show for us in The Village in Dublin, and earlier, elevens, with Sack lead singer Martin McGann provided the pleasure for Record Store Day in Tower Records. Viva Hate & Sayonara!

That's nice. I would have guessed Japanese Matsuo Basho - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matsuo_Bashō - and his haiku, "Between our two lives
there is also the life of the
cherry blossom : Basho" - http://universalhaiku.blogspot.com/2011/03/bashos-cherry-blossom-haiku.html

He's very in tune with everything. The mind boggles about 'droopy exteria'...Thanks again to Kewpie for the full review. In real-time shortly after his show, excellent tribute band These Charming Men put on a splendid show for us in The Village in Dublin, and earlier, elevens, with Sack lead singer Martin McGann provided the pleasure for Record Store Day in Tower Records. Viva Hate & Sayonara!

Yeah I was wondering about that droopy exteria thing. :p I have no idea...

Yesterday's show was wonderful.

Especially, "please, please, please..." was amazing.
I was crying when Morrissey's singing the song gently.

I'm sure that it was the most beautiful song singing
in the world at that moment.

I love you, Morrissey.
Your voice is indeed superb.

This is a great setlist, but it's time to retire Let me Kiss you.

This is a great setlist, but it's time to retire Let me Kiss you.

"goodbye will be farewell" as encore, a good setlist? Good lord, he treats animals better than his audiences (and also than poor Boz, by the way)

Ah Kewpie, what is a post from you without your condescending and judgemental tone. Setlists do not have copyright and I do not have to credit anyone.

So how's this? Go f*** yourself.

Ha ha ha. Still Kewpie's review was, as always, meticulous.

Gaynor Tension :)

this was a magic-like pop gig, it was so very dynamic and strong from morrissey and this great band. my favorite song of this day was this song 'one day goodbye wilkl be farewell.' it sounds so true and an echo of his inner-most thinkings and feeling. The bandmates were in mcdonalds clothes and morrissey said 'thank you for being here' before the smiths song 'last night i dreamed someone loves me.' morrissey's voice was pitch-perfect and he looked very handsome here. i nopticed morrissey smiling at his guiutarist boz boorer when he introduced the band. he called boz boorer 'this most talked about tweeter.' I wondered if this was a reference to the blog or did I misunderstand?

morrissey changed some of his words my friends told me. he looked very energetic and content this night. i found the prices very good and this was a great pop gig. i hope to see him soon again.

thank you for a breath-taking day and i love you.

sinkingsun

review from http://www.morrisseysworld.blogspot.com

also on a related theme boy george has atcually tweeted that he has given an interview published on monday in which he claims morrisseysworld is his top tweeter. Should be interesting to see the interview. anyway apologies, not advertising the site, just really posting the review.

Brilliant. Just enough. And you're still a deluded and mentally unstable nutcase.

P.

Brilliant. Just enough. And you're still a deluded and mentally unstable nutcase.

P.

Hi P, Do you really still think it's a 'mentally unstable nutcase'? Morrissey has taken just 2 flowers from the crowd in the last 5 years, one red rose in Ponoma last year and one white rose in Bogota on the last day of the South American tour. If MorrissysWorld was a 'mentally unstable nutcase', why would Moz be taking these roses? He has ignored EVERY other flower in the last 5 years and ignored a whole front row of gladioli in Sendai.
If MorrisseysWorld isn't Morrissey, and I'm still open minded, then WHO could it possibly be? Who? It HAS to be someone Moz knows and likes, otherwise he wouldn't take the roses. He is now pledging to take a BLUE ROSE before the Japan tour ends. 'Mentally unstable nutcase'? WHO?

Lorna

Photographs of anything (including setlists) have copyrights the moment the photographs are taken. It doesn't matter that you don't know who the copyright holder is, there is an implicit copyright conferred to the taker of any photograph--which that clearly was. So, far worse than simply failing to credit someone, you have very likely violated the original photographer's copyrights. Even licensed under a GNU share-and-share alike, attribution credit is the usual minimum requirement.

Ah Kewpie, what is a post from you without your condescending and judgemental tone. Setlists do not have copyright and I do not have to credit anyone.

So how's this? Go f*** yourself.

Photographs of anything (including setlists) have copyrights the moment the photographs are taken. It doesn't matter that you don't know who the copyright holder is, there is an implicit copyright conferred to the taker of any photograph--which that clearly was. So, far worse than simply failing to credit someone, you have very likely violated the original photographer's copyrights. Even licensed under a GNU share-and-share alike, attribution credit is the usual minimum requirement.

But the photograph of a setlist is like documenting history, it's an exchange of information, "Here's the setlist, I have proof. Snap." It's not a work of art. It just seems like citing photographs in the case of exchanging information on the internet is like citing and referencing a proverb in a term paper, it's overkill. Is Morrissey guilty of not having a reference to the photographer of the photo he uses for a backdrop in the corner? :squiffy:

Whatever though, I get it. It's not particularly "sad" that someone would not reference the photographer of a setlist as Kewpie suggested.

I'm afraid I disagree. The photo illustrated that of a typed setlist which was publicly distributed to the show's audience, without charge and little else (a thumb), it did not show a person, copyrighted image, brand or trademark. The person posted this picture on a publicly accessible website in the public domain without a watermark and without a disclaimer to inform that these images were private property and could not be reproduced in any way without written permission or authorisation. I did not change, save or upload the image from my own personal hard drive and that in fact the photo was linked to a page that should someone wish to source the image would lead them to the original posting. It is like saying a hyperlink has a copyright. It does not.

If I should use the image to be reproduced elsewhere and take credit for that image then you would be correct.

This whole credit should be given was started by the frink harridans of yore. If we take it to its logical conclusion, (one user went back to edit her post for fear of being called out on this) should we credit all our avatars? Youtube links? Should CB credit the person who made every gif he uses, should that credit extend to the copyright holder of the source material, including cameraman and year? This crediting people is at a maddening level by a few anally retentive people and I didn't appreciate the smug, matronly tone that was extended to me.

Last edited:
I'm afraid I disagree. The photo was that of a typed setlist which was publicly distributed without charge and little else (a thumb), it did not show a person, copyrighted image, brand or trademark. The person posted this picture on a publicly accessible website in the public domain without a watermark and without a disclaimer to inform that these images were private property and could not be reproduced in anyway without written permission. I did not change, save or upload the image from my own personal hard drive and that in fact the photo was linked to a page that should someone wish to source the image would lead them to the original posting. It is like saying a hyperlink has a copyright. It does not.

If I should use the image to be reproduced elsewhere and take credit for that image then you would be correct.

This whole credit should be given started by the frink harridans of yore. If we take it to it's logical conclusion, (one user went back to edit her post for fear of being called out on this), should we credit all our avatars? Youtube links? Should CB credit the person who made every gif he uses, should that credit extend to the copyright holder of the source material, including cameraman and year? This crediting people is at a maddening level by a few anally retentive people and I didn't appreciate the smug, matronly tone that was extended to me.

This!

And there is a difference between a snapshot and a photograph, the latter considered "art" and copyrightable.

Should CB credit the person who made every gif he uses, should that credit extend to the copyright holder of the source material, including cameraman and year? This crediting people is at a maddening level by a few anally retentive people and I didn't appreciate the smug, matronly tone that was extended to me.

tumblr_m1gfwbnB9J1r9qdkno1_400.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom